Register now to remove this ad

Page 445 of 471 FirstFirst ... 345395435443444445446447455 ... LastLast
Results 6,661 to 6,675 of 7061

Thread: Official NBA thread

Quote Originally Posted by Jasonbay44 View Post
    Not a knock on him. The Warriors are an historically good team, and Lebron's team is horrible. He won tonight with his 2nd best player being JEFF GREEN...
    The Rockets are winning tomorrow night.

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    The Rockets are winning tomorrow night.
    I highly doubt that, especially with Chris Paul's status completely up in the air.

Celtics kicked the game away with sloppy shooting and selfish play. Smart, Rozier, and Morris should all be traded. You cannot win with guys who are that bad at shooting yet that insistent that they be the ones to take the shot. I don't care what we get back, our team will be better for subtracting them outright.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacoby_Ellsbury View Post
    Celtics kicked the game away with sloppy shooting and selfish play. Smart, Rozier, and Morris should all be traded. You cannot win with guys who are that bad at shooting yet that insistent that they be the ones to take the shot. I don't care what we get back, our team will be better for subtracting them outright.
    Well, if Brown wasn’t missing wide open shots maybe he’d gotten the ball more in the 2nd half? Tatum can’t take all the shots. Both Brown & Rozier couldn’t shoot a lick tonight. That killed us.

I love Smart’s hustle, not sure why you’d want to trade him? Rozier will be nice coming off the bench next year. Or I guess they could trade him. He’s a nice depth piece. Morris I can do without. He’s a bit bone-headed at times. Fact of the matter is, they obviously needed another reliable scoring option like Kyrie. They played their asses off. Great foundation for next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Emp9 View Post
    Well, if Brown wasn’t missing wide open shots maybe he’d gotten the ball more in the 2nd half? Tatum can’t take all the shots. Both Brown & Rozier couldn’t shoot a lick tonight. That killed us.

I love Smart’s hustle, not sure why you’d want to trade him? Rozier will be nice coming off the bench next year. Or I guess they could trade him. He’s a nice depth piece. Morris I can do without. He’s a bit bone-headed at times. Fact of the matter is, they obviously needed another reliable scoring option like Kyrie. They played their asses off. Great foundation for next season.
    Brown's a future all-star who had an unusually shitty game (typically when his shot isn't falling he reels it in but not tonight for some reason, guess he panicked) but can still be productive if his shot isn't falling. Can't say the same for the guys I posted about.

Rozier is trash if his shot isn't falling, as seen tonight. Gives you literally nothing. He can't come off the bench next year because Kyrie is coming back and a role demotion would stunt his development. Trading him is the only option. Quite frankly he deserves a seat in the Boston sports choker hall of fame after that.

I already said why I want to trade Smart. He's a terrible shooter who thinks he's Stephen Curry. He hurts us badly enough on offense to negate every other good thing he does. Confidence of Manny Ramirez, ability of Darnell McDonald. We don't need those wasted possessions anymore. As long as guys like that are on our team sabotaging us with their bullshit, we're not going to make the leap to true title contender.

Deity

I have to let the dust settle I think while I gather my thoughts. Hope Danny does too. What I take away from this is that Jason Tatum is on the verge and will become a great player in this league. I like Smart. I get the fact that he does not shoot the ball well but he does so many other things that very few others will do that he is very valuable. If the Celtics choose not to pay him, someone else will. It said a lot last night about both Rozier and Brown that when the game was really on the line, both of them were not on the floor together very much. Brown disappeared and Rozier showed us why we need to have Irving out there as much as possible. Nonetheless it was a great year for a young team. One of the differences that I saw last night between Brown and Smart was that when James went to the hoop, Brown waved at him and ducked while Smart took two charges. I prefer that type of player whether he shoots well or not.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by cp176 View Post
    I have to let the dust settle I think while I gather my thoughts. Hope Danny does too. What I take away from this is that Jason Tatum is on the verge and will become a great player in this league. I like Smart. I get the fact that he does not shoot the ball well but he does so many other things that very few others will do that he is very valuable. If the Celtics choose not to pay him, someone else will. It said a lot last night about both Rozier and Brown that when the game was really on the line, both of them were not on the floor together very much. Brown disappeared and Rozier showed us why we need to have Irving out there as much as possible. Nonetheless it was a great year for a young team. One of the differences that I saw last night between Brown and Smart was that when James went to the hoop, Brown waved at him and ducked while Smart took two charges. I prefer that type of player whether he shoots well or not.
    Have to add here though that as much as I like what Smart has to give, if he thinks that he is going to get 14plus million from the Celtics - he is living in a dream world.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacoby_Ellsbury View Post
    Brown's a future all-star who had an unusually shitty game (typically when his shot isn't falling he reels it in but not tonight for some reason, guess he panicked) but can still be productive if his shot isn't falling. Can't say the same for the guys I posted about.

Rozier is trash if his shot isn't falling, as seen tonight. Gives you literally nothing. He can't come off the bench next year because Kyrie is coming back and a role demotion would stunt his development. Trading him is the only option. Quite frankly he deserves a seat in the Boston sports choker hall of fame after that.

I already said why I want to trade Smart. He's a terrible shooter who thinks he's Stephen Curry. He hurts us badly enough on offense to negate every other good thing he does. Confidence of Manny Ramirez, ability of Darnell McDonald. We don't need those wasted possessions anymore. As long as guys like that are on our team sabotaging us with their bullshit, we're not going to make the leap to true title contender.
    But with the exception of Brown, These guys Rozier and Smart and even Morris... to me they’re bench pieces. They wouldn’t normally start or even get as many minutes as they did if we had our full roster. They played so many minutes because WE HAD TO PLAY THEM. They absolutely have flaws. But coming off the bench for next season, one could do worse. Way worse. Really really fucking way worse. That’s my only point. Think about it. Our bench practically took us to one game away from the Finals. It wasn’t ideal. But certainly one could gleem some positives out of what transpired.

Quote Originally Posted by cp176 View Post
    Have to add here though that as much as I like what Smart has to give, if he thinks that he is going to get 14plus million from the Celtics - he is living in a dream world.
    Agreed.

But with the exception of Brown, These guys Rozier and Smart and even Morris... to me they’re bench pieces. They wouldn’t normally start or even get as many minutes as they did if we had our full roster. They played so many minutes because WE HAD TO PLAY THEM. They absolutely have flaws. But coming off the bench for next season, one could do worse. Way worse. Really really fucking way worse. That’s my only point. Think about it. Our bench practically took us to one game away from the Finals. It wasn’t ideal. But certainly one could gleem some positives out of what transpired.
    Nailed it.

They dominated Philly and went 7 with LeBron. That's a sweet bench.

Rozer to me is 100% a trade piece. He's gonna want to start somewhere, and this situation reminds me a lot of the Reggie Jackson/Westbrook situation in OKC a few years ago. Jackson was talented but stuck behind a star point guard, Westbrook got hurt, Jackson filled in, and performed well, Thunder tried making Westbrook/Jackson play together and it just didn't work out. Rozier reminds me a lot of Jackson, I feel like he gets dealt in the off season.

Can the NBA at least make it a little less obvious that they want the Warriors in the finals? This refereeing is atrocious

Can the NBA at least make it a little less obvious that they want the Warriors in the finals? This refereeing is atrocious
    This is like Wrestling.

The fix is in.

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    This is like Wrestling.

The fix is in.
    Reminds me of the 02 Lakers/Kings WCF. This is pathetic. I don't even want to watch this anymore.

Reminds me of the 02 Lakers/Kings WCF. This is pathetic. I don't even want to watch this anymore.
    I'm not watching the finals.

The NBA sucks.