Register now to remove this ad

Page 434 of 471 FirstFirst ... 334384424432433434435436444 ... LastLast
Results 6,496 to 6,510 of 7061

Thread: Official NBA thread

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Seems like Ainge pulled off a hell of a coup getting Irving.
    I'm a very fickle fan. I really don't care to watch many teams other than the ones I care about. I never really saw this kid play for any extended period of time. I have now. There is really nothing that I dislike about him. I hope that with his help we get to see some of the gaps in the rafters filled!

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    Moon we are talking about back-up centers for the Celts not the Anti-Christ!

We all loved to hate Lambier but he had skills. They were overshadowed buy his dirty play and bullying.

Pretty sure most Celts fans would have loved him in green. You know. Like a Hanson brother.
    I joined late- my bad.

Laimbeer was at ND while I was there. He was Digger's whipping boy.

Quote Originally Posted by cp176 View Post
    Was Lambier the one Ainge bit?
    No. That would be Wayne "Tree" Rollins of Atlanta, I believe.

By the way, I shot around with Rollins in 1973 and 1974 at the Wild Shootouts in Boston. He was all legs.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Seems like Ainge pulled off a hell of a coup getting Irving.
    He did. It must be said that Cleveland was motivated.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    I joined late- my bad.

Laimbeer was at ND while I was there. He was Digger's whipping boy.
    AH! Was Dantley there when you were there? ~75-79?

The Hornets looked an awful lot like the 2012 Red Sox bullpen tonight.

Deity
    After last night - who can the hornets beat? That was some nasty bb played. I wasn't sure for a while if either team wanted to win. Gut check for the C's and they survived it. Is Howard really that much of a pecker head? And how about the call late in the game when Rozier stepped out of bounds. He might not have been pushed but hands were on his back and the only way Charlotte was going to stop the clock was to foul. could not believe the no-call. 2 words - Shane larkin.

I missed the game entirely as company converged.

Glad to see that they won.

11 and 2 baby!!1!1!11

Deity
    C's gut out another one this afternoon. Tatum's length is a weapon. Big effort from Theis off the bench. Good to see Smart have a little bounce back. Team just keeps digging.

12 and 2 baby!!1!1!

Toronto is a real team and they just lost to the Celts who had no Irving.

Pretty cool. It was a good game that could have one either way.

Yet the Celts battled to the end.

NBA is so weird right now. Good teams struggling (Cleveland, OKC) and for some reason the Detroit Pistons are currently the 2 seed and have the 2nd best record in NBA and beat the Warriors on the road. Magic roster also looks bad on paper and they're somehow 8-5 despite Elfrid Payton barely playing. This is a weird season and EAST is really jumbled. Will be interested to see who makes playoffs. Two teams currently not in top 8 in East are definitely going to make a run (Milwaukee and Cleveland) and I'm assuming Orlando and Knicks will fall off but who really knows.

14 in a row, just held the Warriors to 88 points. This is like the 2008 Celtics right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacoby_Ellsbury View Post
    14 in a row, just held the Warriors to 88 points. This is like the 2008 Celtics right now.
    They have talent that is pretty deep.

This team will get better, too.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    They have talent that is pretty deep.

This team will get better, too.
    They play hard! Maybe that's the part that Barkley doesn't get. They might not look pretty but they are NBA players. They are all pretty good. Celtics just look like they play harder than other teams. Watching Brown develop is going to be a rea; thrill ride. Sometimes just being talented isn't enough!

I hate to admit it, but the Smeltics are looking damn good so far this year!

(In case you're wondering, I lived in Milwaukee during the Alcindor/Jabbar years and remain a Bucks fan.)