Register now to remove this ad

Page 433 of 471 FirstFirst ... 333383423431432433434435443 ... LastLast
Results 6,481 to 6,495 of 7061

Thread: Official NBA thread

IT is a 5'9" Jerry Stackhouse.

10 in a row baby!

No Horeford, no prpblem.

Baynes is the best back up 5 the Celts have had since Walton. And for anyone who is stupid enough to think they are comparable drop dead because you are too fucking dumb to waste what breathable air remains on this planet.

I like wide bodies. Big guys who bang in the low post still have a place in this league, it seems.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Quote Originally Posted by Jacoby_Ellsbury View Post
    IT is a 5'9" Jerry Stackhouse.
    I had to think about that but yeah, you are correct, Sir.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Deity
    Win is a win. 10 - 2 with a banged up lineup. Walton when healthy was one of the best who ever played the game.
    Baynes is a little more like Wayne Embry. Remember him?

Quote Originally Posted by cp176 View Post
    Win is a win. 10 - 2 with a banged up lineup. Walton when healthy was one of the best who ever played the game.
    Joe Kleine?
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Obviously I was referring to the banged-up Walton that could hardly walk in 1986, not the UCLA / Early Portland Walton.

Embry was before my time. He was GM in MIlwaukee back when I was a teenager going to the Garden.

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Joe Kleine?
    Joe Klein had a good pedigree but was a great white nope none the less. I saw him play in Arco Arena in Sacremento, 1987. He sucked balls.

Nice guy, smart man and articulate. Good teammate. Not very skilled. More like Tom Borwinkle than Bill Walton.

You guys have to do better. Take Walton out of the mix and Baynes is the best back up center for the Celts since before Hank Finkel.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    Joe Klein had a good pedigree but was a great white nope none the less. I saw him play in Arco Arena in Sacremento, 1987. He sucked balls.

Nice guy, smart man and articulate. Good teammate. Not very skilled. More like Tom Borwinkle than Bill Walton.

You guys have to do better. Take Walton out of the mix and Baynes is the best back up center for the Celts since before Hank Finkel.
    Mel counts

Actually just kidding - Baynes is possibly one of the more under rated big men of this era. I still can't think of even a banged up Walton being anybody's backup. God was he good.

Deity
    I'm beginning to think that I might be old.

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Joe Kleine?
    Bill Laimbeer?

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Bill Laimbeer?
    Moon we are talking about back-up centers for the Celts not the Anti-Christ!

We all loved to hate Lambier but he had skills. They were overshadowed buy his dirty play and bullying.

Pretty sure most Celts fans would have loved him in green. You know. Like a Hanson brother.

I'm beginning to think that I might be old.
    Lol. We are old and it's fucking cool. We can go on and on for hours about shit younger people have to Google to know fact one about.

I think I may have met Mel Counts. Not sure, though.

Deity
    I've been sitting here with my son-in-law this morning talking about the nba in general (he gets it by the way). When the kids who never saw the "old guys" play like to say that they couldn't play in today's nba I just have to laugh. They really have no idea. Can you imagine Maravich in today's game? How many points might he have scored? Russell's 11 rings! This Celtics team is a throwback team for me. I'm saying it again too - Cousy is the only point guard that Irving reminds of. That is damned good company. We have our memories.

Deity
    Was Lambier the one Ainge bit?

Seems like Ainge pulled off a hell of a coup getting Irving.