Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 01-07-06 Jaguars Vs Patriots

Jeter Jeter peter eater RedSoxRooter's Avatar

01-07-06 Jaguars Vs Patriots

Saturday, 8 p.m. EST. ABC.

Byron Leftwich
    VS
    Tom Brady

JAGUARS LEADERS: Offense - Leftwich, 2,123 passing yards and 15 passing TDs; Taylor, 787 rushing yards; Greg Jones and LaBrandon Toefield , 4 rushing TDs; Jimmy Smith , 70 receptions and 1,023 receiving yards; Ernest Wilford , 7 receiving TDs. Defense - Hayward, 8 1/2 sacks; Rashean Mathis , 5 INTs.

PATRIOTS LEADERS: Offense - Brady, 4,110 passing yards and 26 passing TDs; Corey Dillon , 733 rushing yards and 12 rushing TDs; Deion Branch , 78 receptions, 998 receiving yards and 5 receiving TDs. Defense - Rosevelt Colvin , 7 sacks; Ellis Hobbs and Asante Samuel , 3 INTs.

JAGUARS TEAM RANK: Rushing Offense - 122.4 yards per game (10th in NFL); Passing Offense - 199.4 ypg (19th); Total Offense - 321.8 ypg (T-15th). Rushing Defense - 106.8 ypg (14th); Passing Defense - 184.1 ypg (7th); Total Defense - 290.9 ypg (6th).

PATRIOTS TEAM RANK: Rushing Offense - 94.5 ypg (24th); Passing Offense - 257.5 ypg (2nd); Total Offense - 352.0 ypg (7th). Rushing Defense - 98.8 ypg (8th); Passing Defense - 231.4 ypg (31st); Total Defense - 330.2 ypg (26th).

LAST MEETING: Dec. 14, 2003; Patriots, 27-13. At Foxborough, Mass., Brady threw for 228 yards and two TDs, and CB Tyrone Poole intercepted Leftwich twice.

STREAKS AND NOTES: Jaguars - Jacksonville trailed in nine of its 12 wins. ... WR Smith has seven TD receptions in his last eight playoff games. ... The Jaguars have won eight of their last 10 road games. Patriots - Branch has reached the 100-yard receiving mark in three of his last four postseason games. ... A victory Saturday would give the Patriots an NFL-record 10th consecutive playoff win, breaking a tie with the Packers (1961-62, 1965-67). ... Adam Vinatieri has four game-winning FGs in the postseason.

ROAD/HOME RECORDS: Jaguars - 6-2 on the road; Patriots - 5-3 at home.

INJURIES: Jaguars - QUESTIONABLE: DE Hayward (hamstring); LB Peterson (wrist); DE Spicer (hand). PROBABLE: RB Rich Alexis (groin); RB Jones (neck); QB Leftwich (ankle); CB Kenny Wright (knee). Patriots - QUESTIONABLE: LB Tedy Bruschi (calf); DT Mike Wright (ankle). PROBABLE: QB Brady (right shoulder); RB Dillon (calf); RB Heath Evans (shoulder); TE Christian Fauria (foot); TE Daniel Graham (shoulder); DE Jarvis Green (shoulder); CB Hawkins (thigh); WR Bethel Johnson (knee); T Nick Kaczur (shoulder); RB Patrick Pass (hamstring); CB Samuel (head).

Let's go Tom!

Re: 01-07-06 Jaguars Vs Patriots

Let's Go Motherfucking Patriots! Beat the Jags!

Fenway Resident

until a team proves me wrong... I can never bet against the trio of Brady, Belichick, and Vinatieri in the playoffs
    "See what you have to ask yourself is what kind of person are you? Are you the kind that sees signs, sees miracles? Or do you believe that people just get lucky? Or, look at the question this way: Is it possible that there are no coincidences?"

Shouldn't be that hard of an accomplishment for the Past to beat them. Look for a lot of blitzes up the middle to get Leftwich to throw of his back foot (no velocity).
    "Right now, somewhere in New York, an eight-year-old kid is wondering if the Yankees will win a championship in his lifetime" - (Updated version of) Bill Simmons

Fenway Resident

Thats true, the front 7 has been playing its best baseball since after the Chiefs game. Factor that with Leftwich is not a mobile quarterback, and he hasnt played since November. So we should be seeing our boys getting at him
    "See what you have to ask yourself is what kind of person are you? Are you the kind that sees signs, sees miracles? Or do you believe that people just get lucky? Or, look at the question this way: Is it possible that there are no coincidences?"

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by riverside sluggers View Post
    Thats true, the front 7 has been playing its best baseball since after the Chiefs game. Factor that with Leftwich is not a mobile quarterback, and he hasnt played since November. So we should be seeing our boys getting at him
    It's best baseball? :lol:
    ""There are no asterisks in this life, only scoreboards... and ours is currently reading 'fucked'." -- Ari Gold, Entourage

I'm gonna be the one who points out that I'm worried because everyone is being so cocky. I want Bellichick to come on TV and say flat out "I expect to lose and jacksonville is an impossible to beat team and we're fucked and the whole team believes that" like he always does so I can feel better.

Actually, yeszir, I feel the same way. I think the Pats will win by 7+, but I will not be surprised at all if the Pats lose this game.

Yeah I think it will be much closer than everyone thinks as evidenced by the first drives of each team.

That was a pretty sick pooch punt. I was not expecting that at all...

Legend

If I'm Jacksonville, I'd put Garrard in the game. Their offense has been completely ineffective, and atleast Garrard gives them another dimension.
    ""There are no asterisks in this life, only scoreboards... and ours is currently reading 'fucked'." -- Ari Gold, Entourage

Jeter Jeter peter eater RedSoxRooter's Avatar

7-0!

Super Moderator

Another delay of game against the Jags...Leftwich not doin a very good job...

On another note, Pats defense has been awesome except for this drive..

EDIT: This drive is fine. Eugene fuckin' Wilson with the big hit to cause the fumble. PATS BALL!

Legend

I really hope that New England is considerate enough to return the silver platter, on which Jacksonville is handing them the game, back. Fumbles, bad punts, and stupid penalties.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by schillingouttheks View Post
    Another delay of game against the Jags...Leftwich not doin a very good job...
    I was just thinking the same thing, but I guess he's completed 9 of 10 passes!

The Jaguars are starting to move the ball now.