Register now to remove this ad

Thread: Broken Cell Phone

Evil Emperor

Broken Cell Phone

The other day I was in the shower, and like always I brought my cell in the bathroom with me just in case I got an important call. Someone called and I answered it, talked for 15 minutes and hung up...like i've done hundreds of times in the bathroom. 10 minutes later when I got out of the shower my phone was completely messed up. It was in "charge mode" where it was like charging by itself with no charger. I took the battery out then put it back in (for the purpose of essentially re-setting it) and when I turned it on all og my memory was gone, numbers, pictures, ringtones, etc. ...and it was still charging by itself (and a funny icon appeared in the top right hand corner, dont know what it means because I lost the book). I am getting really frustrated because I NEED my cell phone, and I dont know if the insurance will take it back considering there is no damage to it. I can just say I lost it but I would still have to pay $50, which im short on right now.

has this ever happened to anyone, and if so what was the cause?

This is my rifle....

Re: Broken Cell Phone

Without looking at it, I would suspect the steam from your shower shorted a circuit. A short can result in an energy discharge that fries part of the circuit board, permanently affecting its performance.

Ghosts caused it.

Not a good idea to take it in the bathroom with the steam. And all the random water lying around. How wet were your hands?

Blow it with a hairdryer.

No, you can send it back, and even if insurance doesn't take it, depending on the phone it won't cost full price on a replacement. Similar thing happened to me. I just said it malfunctioned w/o telling that i messed it up and they gave me a new one for free.
    "Right now, somewhere in New York, an eight-year-old kid is wondering if the Yankees will win a championship in his lifetime" - (Updated version of) Bill Simmons

Evil Emperor

Quote Originally Posted by Cityofchampions33 View Post
    No, you can send it back, and even if insurance doesn't take it, depending on the phone it won't cost full price on a replacement. Similar thing happened to me. I just said it malfunctioned w/o telling that i messed it up and they gave me a new one for free.
    If insurance doesnt take it how would I get another one for free?

Quote Originally Posted by One Red Seat
    Without looking at it, I would suspect the steam from your shower shorted a circuit. A short can result in an energy discharge that fries part of the circuit board, permanently affecting its performance.
    Makes sense, however does it make sense that I have had it in the bathroom while taking a shower countless times with no problem?

Quote Originally Posted by element1151
    Not a good idea to take it in the bathroom with the steam. And all the random water lying around. How wet were your hands?
    My hands werent too wet, I wiped them before answering the phone. However, they weren't bone dry either. Also, idk if the water lying around played a role, because I susalkly put it in the pocket of my bathrobe. but maybe when I put it down.

Thanks everyone.

Jeter Jeter peter eater RedSoxRooter's Avatar

Maybe God found out you were a Yankee fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Soxfan#1 View Post
    Blow it with a hairdryer.

That should do the trick. :thumbsup:
    2007 World Series Champs
    Quote Originally Posted by rician blast;306386;
    Regardless of Ellsbury being, as you put it, the "pride enjoy" and the FO being "prowd" of Buch...

I don't even have insurance, I just went to the store and they gave me one.
    "Right now, somewhere in New York, an eight-year-old kid is wondering if the Yankees will win a championship in his lifetime" - (Updated version of) Bill Simmons

I feel your pain dude, there's NO WAY I could survive w/o my cell phone.

Jeter Jeter peter eater RedSoxRooter's Avatar

I've never had a cell phone. Only used one maybe 4 times in my life - and I'm only 32! I'm the last person I know without a cell phone or a house. I love it. B)

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by RedSoxRooter View Post
    I've never had a cell phone. Only used one maybe 4 times in my life - and I'm only 32! I'm the last person I know without a cell phone or a house. I love it. B)
    Haha, that's actually awesome. I wish I could live without half the stuff I'm dependent on, but it's the society I grow up in I guess.

Evil Emperor

Quote Originally Posted by RedSoxRooter View Post
    Maybe God found out you were a Yankee fan.
    Then he must have forgot to giftwrap my new phone and deliver it on a silver platter...being that god is a Yankee fan :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by Cityofchampions33
    I don't even have insurance, I just went to the store and they gave me one.
    Who is your provider? I have verizon, I cant see them doing that for me.

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 26 to 6 View Post
    Then he must have forgot to giftwrap my new phone and deliver it on a silver platter...being that god is a Yankee fan :lol:

He'd have to be, how else would a team full of losers win all the time?
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.