Register now to remove this ad

Page 70 of 90 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1341

Thread: The No-No Thread

Re: The No-No Thread

Good for the Mets fans. My dad is a Mets fan, and he was pretty psyched
    Hal sucks

The Mets are one of the teams that I have always enjoyed watching and cheering on, and I have always been a firm believer in the talent of Johan Santana. I was really happy to see this. The Mets deserve a good year after everything they have been through.

R.A. Dickey thew a 1-hitter tonight that the Mets are trying to appeal so he would earn the teams second franchise no-hitter.

It came on what was scored a two-out infield single in the first inning by B.J. Upton, a ball on which David Wright was unable to field cleanly with his bare hand.

Terry Collins said afterward that the Mets will appeal to MLB to have the scoring decision changed to an error, although the manager conceded reversing the decision was a long shot. Dickey agreed, calling it a "Hail Mary."

Matt Cain!

"Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!"
    -John Belushi

Matt Cain threw a perfect game. 5 of the 22 in MLB history have come in the last 4 years. Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Coco's Disciples;771314;
    Matt Cain threw a perfect game. 5 of the 22 in MLB history have come in the last 4 years. Weird.
    Second one this season too.
    -John Belushi

Did you see Gregor Blanco rob that hit in the 7th? What a catch.

All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by MDF3530;771315;
    Second one this season too.
    Who was the first? Missed that one woah
    \

Philip Humber of the White Sox on April 21 at Seattle.
    -John Belushi

All-Star

I love Cain but Dickey's game was just as good if not better. Dickey only allowed one infield hit and and another baserunner reached on an error. Also he didn't require any spectacular plays from his defense. It's nice to see another knuckleballer doing so well.
    Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good too.

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TutGadol;771390;
    I love Cain but Dickey's game was just as good if not better. Dickey only allowed one infield hit and and another baserunner reached on an error. Also he didn't require any spectacular plays from his defense. It's nice to see another knuckleballer doing so well.
    Blanco's catch was great, but not spectacular. It was a long, low fly. A half-second more of a jump by Blanco when it hit the bat and it's a normal rundown. Cain struck out 14. No way any game played that day was better. Dickey's game was good but nowhere near as good.
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

There's no game where you give up baserunners/hits as good as a perfect game. :lol:

Back to back 1-hitter's for Dickey and he's pitched 3 complete games in his last 4 starts. He's now 11-1 on the season. I have a strong feeling he's going to win the NL Cy Young this year, he's been simply magnificent.

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar

Seriously. He's been unbelievable.
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

I want to see Dickey, Chien Ming Wang, and Doug Fister in the same rotation. Someone really needs to make that happen.