Register now to remove this ad

Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast

Thread: May 23rd vs. New York

Fenway Resident

Re: May 23rd vs. New York

Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe_Pride View Post
    Exactly. Still plenty of time to regain the lead and be up by 16.5 games by Sept :wetodd:
    Your starting pitching has to show its worth. The Yankees arent alway sgoing to give them 5+ Runs of support.

Mussina- Ace of this staff by far, 17+ Wins-- 3.25-3.50 ERA
    Johnson- showing his age
    Chacon- on DL currently, too much of a wild pitcher to have trust in
    Wright- Tonight's start still showed he was allowing a lot of baserunners. He only last 5 innings however and already speculation that they pulled him because of his target painted shoulder. Youk's comebacker in the 1st probably set that in motion
    Snall- Still got this guy pegged as a 1 year wonder
    Pavano- If lucky, could see him by late August/September
    "See what you have to ask yourself is what kind of person are you? Are you the kind that sees signs, sees miracles? Or do you believe that people just get lucky? Or, look at the question this way: Is it possible that there are no coincidences?"

A lot of yankee fans are probably demanding manny be beaned tomorrow and are very angry. I don't feel that way. When has manny not showboated? It's not as if he picks out the yankees on purpose and looks to watch his homers. That's just what he does. Bitching about it and beaning him won't do anything. But as far as people saying who gives a shit, if A rod did that, it would be a different story. Just how it is.

Gagne was closer to mo's status than papelboner is now, and even he blew up. Don't call him the next mo just yet. Although, I'll give ya he's pretty damn nasty with a baseball.
    I AIN'T AFRAID NO MORE
    AFTER A WHILE YOUR YOUR CHEAP TALK DON'T EVERN CAUSE ME PAIN
    SO LET YOUR BULLETS FLY LIKE RAIN
    http://www.nbc11.com/entertainment/9811309/detail.html

Fenway Resident

Quote Originally Posted by Are U Kidding Me? View Post
    Wakefield is near the end of his career.
    Insightful post. Hows your 17 million pitcher RJ? Wakefield still has had a better season than he has. RJ has only got his 5 wins because of high run support.
    "See what you have to ask yourself is what kind of person are you? Are you the kind that sees signs, sees miracles? Or do you believe that people just get lucky? Or, look at the question this way: Is it possible that there are no coincidences?"

You probably meant that because of Wakefield's age he is near the end of his career.

But, I hope you didn't mean that because of his bad outing he is near the end of his career. Then again, you probably did mean the latter, because you are, without question, the dumbest person on the board. Hemroids could probably tell me more about baseball then you could.

ok, wats 43 year old randy johnsons ERA this year??

i forgot, isnt it something like 5.62????

dumbass

Quote Originally Posted by empirestrikesback26 View Post
    A lot of yankee fans are probably demanding manny be beaned tomorrow and are very angry. I don't feel that way. When has manny not showboated? It's not as if he picks out the yankees on purpose and looks to watch his homers. That's just what he does. Bitching about it and beaning him won't do anything. But as far as people saying who gives a shit, if A rod did that, it would be a different story. Just how it is.

Gagne was closer to mo's status than papelboner is now, and even he blew up. Don't call him the next mo just yet. Although, I'll give ya he's pretty damn nasty with a baseball.

Manny acted as if he walked off the ninth with the game winning home run. Bottom line is the Red Sox still LOST. That's just "Manny being Manny"

Rivera is the best reliever in baseball history. If Redsox fans think they can start comparing Papelbon to Rivera they are out of their minds. If Papelbon is even a reliever in 5 years you can talk to me much less 10 years! Please....

Quote Originally Posted by riverside sluggers View Post
    Insightful post. Hows your 17 million pitcher RJ? Wakefield still has had a better season than he has. RJ has only got his 5 wins because of high run support.

What is Wakefields record this year?

What is RJ's this years?

Manny acted as if he walked off the ninth with the game winning home run. Bottom line is the Red Sox still LOST. That's just "Manny being Manny"
    Manny always watches his HR's. Especially if they are as long as that one was. What does the point with the Red Sox losing have anything to do with Manny's HR? He hit a homerun, and he watched it, so ???? Where does losing fit in?

Rivera is the best reliever in baseball history. If Redsox fans think they can start comparing Papelbon to Rivera they are out of their minds. If Papelbon is even a reliever in 5 years you can talk to me much less 10 years! Please....
    What the hell does the next sentence even mean? Get the dick that's currently in your mouth. Take it out. Then resume typing. You might actually type something relevant in. But we all know that's as likely as you not being seen with a dick in your ass.

Major Leaguer

Your starting pitching has to show its worth. The Yankees arent alway sgoing to give them 5+ Runs of support.

Mussina- Ace of this staff by far, 17+ Wins-- 3.25-3.50 ERA
    Johnson- showing his age
    Chacon- on DL currently, too much of a wild pitcher to have trust in
    Wright- Tonight's start still showed he was allowing a lot of baserunners. He only last 5 innings however and already speculation that they pulled him because of his target painted shoulder. Youk's comebacker in the 1st probably set that in motion
    Snall- Still got this guy pegged as a 1 year wonder
    Pavano- If lucky, could see him by late August/September
    Yeah I was just joking, but thanks for the rundown anyway. I'm worried about the starting pitching but confident that things will fall into place. Just a spoiled Yankee fans way of thinking? Probably. But I'm not going to be pessimistic about it, although I'd be out of my crazy mind to think that the Yanks would have anything near a 16.5 lead :lol:
    27 in '07 sounds better anyway

Rest in Peace Cory Lidle

What is RJ's this years?
    Can you use stats that are indicitive of the pitcher's performance? W-L records just tell us if the team scored more runs then the other team did. It tells us nothing of how the pitcher did.

Fenway Resident

What is RJ's this years?
    as I said, records are skewed because RJ has been getting an average of 5+ Runs a game. Wake is just at 3 or less runs avg during the innings has pitched

Im sure you think these stats dont say anything of whos having the better season
    RJ- 5.62 ERA-- 9 HRs allowed in 57 innings
    Wake- 4.57 ERA--- 7 Hrs allowed in 65 innings

Quote Originally Posted by CrespoBlows View Post
    Manny always watches his HR's. Especially if they are as long as that one was. What does the point with the Red Sox losing have anything to do with Manny's HR? He hit a homerun, and he watched it, so ???? Where does losing fit in?

What the hell does the next sentence even mean? Get the dick that's currently in your mouth. Take it out. Then resume typing. You might actually type something relevant in. But we all know that's as likely as you not being seen with a dick in your ass.
    Sorry I drank a 12 pack tonight.

What I mean is Papelbon needs time to prove himself. People are saying he is the next Rivera which is stupidity alone! Rivera is the best reliever in baseball and people are comparing Papelbon to him? Papelbon throws nothing special.

Fenway Resident

Papelbon throws nothing special.
    Id really like to hear your insight on how he throws "nothing special"

as I said, records are skewed because RJ has been getting an average of 5+ Runs a game. Wake is just at 3 or less runs avg during the innings has pitched

Im sure you think these stats dont say anything of whos having the better season
    RJ- 5.62 ERA-- 9 HRs allowed in 57 innings
    Wake- 4.57 ERA--- 7 Hrs allowed in 65 innings
    I agree about Randy Johnson. I think his career is over. The guy only has 2 pitches and the RedSox will certainly take advantage of that tomorrow.

Look everyone, I am neither a Sox or Yankee fan! I just love the rivalry. I call things how they are, and I feel that you people unjustly attack people for saying anything bad about the sox.

How about this. " The Yankees have the highest payroll in sports and they SUCK!"

www.soxprospects.com

A bunch of questionable moves by Tito tonight. Keeping Wake in for the 7th was a horrible decision. He was already at 100 pitches after the 6th and there was no reason to put him back out there for the 7th when he barely escaped the 6th. Pinch hitting Snow that early was a bad decision. Harris sucks but if he strikes out we still have Youk to hit. If Tito said Pena was available to pinch hit then there was no reason for that scrub Mohr to even get a chance to hit in the 9th. Also Mirabelli should have never batted against Farnsworth in the 7th. This was a winnable game and Tito made some questionable decisions which cost the team this game.