Register now to remove this ad

Page 81 of 83 FirstFirst ... 31717980818283 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 1231

Thread: The No-No Thread

  1. #1201
    https://www.mlb.com/gameday/national...b=,game=491185

    Max is throwing great today. Needs 6 more outs.
    "Let's go!" - Joseph Kelly Jr

  2. #1202
    This is why I stay away from this thread.

    Jinxed.
    "Let's go!" - Joseph Kelly Jr

  3. #1203
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    This is why I stay away from this thread.

    Jinxed.
    Not only did he lose the no no, he lost the game too. Talk about a tough break.

  4. #1204
    Freeland has a no-no through 8 in COL. he's at 116 pitches. Do they let him finish??

  5. #1205
    Close but no cigar.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.


    "It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

  6. #1206
    Gio Gonzalez with 3 outs to go for the no-nobin a 1-0 game in Miami.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
    [T]he conclusion to be drawn is that there is no practical value in seeking this ideal lineup, and in that case any way in which it might be meaningfully termed "best" is irrelevant, academic at best, pedantic at worst
    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Unlike hot streaks and clutch, the “Cliff” is a myth. It can’t be defined, and it’s future existence cannot be proved.

  7. #1207
    Mat Boyd loses a no hitter after 8 2/3 innings tonight. The batter beat the RF -- Castallanos. WTF was Castellanos doing in RF in the 9th inning of a no-no. Brad Ausmus clearly never attended classes while he was at Stanford. What a dope. I am not saying that a better RF er would have gotten the ball, but they would have had a much better chance of getting it than a 6'5" third baseman.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
    [T]he conclusion to be drawn is that there is no practical value in seeking this ideal lineup, and in that case any way in which it might be meaningfully termed "best" is irrelevant, academic at best, pedantic at worst
    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Unlike hot streaks and clutch, the “Cliff” is a myth. It can’t be defined, and it’s future existence cannot be proved.

  8. #1208
    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Mat Boyd loses a no hitter after 8 2/3 innings tonight. The batter beat the RF -- Castallanos. WTF was Castellanos doing in RF in the 9th inning of a no-no. Brad Ausmus clearly never attended classes while he was at Stanford. What a dope. I am not saying that a better RF er would have gotten the ball, but they would have had a much better chance of getting it than a 6'5" third baseman.
    After seeing the replay, i think that a good RF gets that ball. They were leading 7-0. He did not need Castellanos' bat in the game in the 9th. Certainly, they had a real outfielder on the roster. Managerial stupidity on display for all to see.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
    [T]he conclusion to be drawn is that there is no practical value in seeking this ideal lineup, and in that case any way in which it might be meaningfully termed "best" is irrelevant, academic at best, pedantic at worst
    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Unlike hot streaks and clutch, the “Cliff” is a myth. It can’t be defined, and it’s future existence cannot be proved.

  9. #1209
    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    After seeing the replay, i think that a good RF gets that ball. They were leading 7-0. He did not need Castellanos' bat in the game in the 9th. Certainly, they had a real outfielder on the roster. Managerial stupidity on display for all to see.
    Actually it was 12-0, which makes it an even dumber decision.
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

  10. #1210
    Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    Actually it was 12-0, which makes it an even dumber decision.
    Boyd is a mediocre talent. He may never find himself in that position against such a weak lineup. Why did Ausmus put Miggy in CF while he was at it and have the catcher play SS too.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
    [T]he conclusion to be drawn is that there is no practical value in seeking this ideal lineup, and in that case any way in which it might be meaningfully termed "best" is irrelevant, academic at best, pedantic at worst
    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Unlike hot streaks and clutch, the “Cliff” is a myth. It can’t be defined, and it’s future existence cannot be proved.

  11. #1211
    Ohtani is perfect thru 6 with 11 strkeouts.

    This guy is looking real legit both hitting and pitching.

  12. #1212
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasonbay44 View Post
    Ohtani is perfect thru 6 with 11 strkeouts.

    This guy is looking real legit both hitting and pitching.
    I was just looking for this thread. LOL!!
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
    [T]he conclusion to be drawn is that there is no practical value in seeking this ideal lineup, and in that case any way in which it might be meaningfully termed "best" is irrelevant, academic at best, pedantic at worst
    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Unlike hot streaks and clutch, the “Cliff” is a myth. It can’t be defined, and it’s future existence cannot be proved.

  13. #1213
    Why is he only pitching every 7th day.

  14. #1214
    Bartolo Colon perfect through seven. Are you fucking kidding me?
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

  15. #1215
    Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    Bartolo Colon perfect through seven. Are you fucking kidding me?
    Unbelievable.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
    [T]he conclusion to be drawn is that there is no practical value in seeking this ideal lineup, and in that case any way in which it might be meaningfully termed "best" is irrelevant, academic at best, pedantic at worst
    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Unlike hot streaks and clutch, the “Cliff” is a myth. It can’t be defined, and it’s future existence cannot be proved.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •