Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is it official?

Is it official?

Is it safe to say Mariano Rivera is no longer "owned" by the red sox? With no problems since the blown opportunities in 04 and beginning of 05, Mo has yet to have a problem with the red sox in save situations. I'd say the red sox being his Daddy tag is off. If the bosox fans cheer for him again, it'll be because he's retiring.
    I AIN'T AFRAID NO MORE
    AFTER A WHILE YOUR YOUR CHEAP TALK DON'T EVERN CAUSE ME PAIN
    SO LET YOUR BULLETS FLY LIKE RAIN
    http://www.nbc11.com/entertainment/9811309/detail.html

Re: Is it official?

Thanks for the run in the 8th and the two hits, Rivera. Hopefully we'll see you tomorrow. :lol:

That was Farnworth's run. Do you know how the game of baseball works? Inherited runner don't go against a pitcher. There's a thread in the MLB forum that might cover that, maybe you should check it out.

As far as wanting mo to be in a save situation tomorrow....uhhh, hey we agree on something! So do I!
    I AIN'T AFRAID NO MORE
    AFTER A WHILE YOUR YOUR CHEAP TALK DON'T EVERN CAUSE ME PAIN
    SO LET YOUR BULLETS FLY LIKE RAIN
    http://www.nbc11.com/entertainment/9811309/detail.html

I know how the game works. It is Farnsworth's run, but Rivera still gave up the hit to Manny to score that run. Sure, on the stat sheet it's not Mariano's run, but we still thank him for it. :lol:

I get your point, though and why you started the thread. Blah, blah, blah... Rivera is still the greatest, the Yankees won at Fenway, ect. My advice is to fix that middle relief, though, to get to Rivera. He shouldn't have even really been in the ball game.

He hasn't gotten much work of late anyway, he needs to start getting consistent innings. The fact that his command is picking up is very encouraging.

The bridge looks a little rickety right now, but Dotel is around the corner.
    9-11-01 FDNYPD We will not forget.
    Just because it's a rivalry doesn't mean you need to make retarded arguments.

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by empirestrikesback26 View Post
    Is it safe to say Mariano Rivera is no longer "owned" by the red sox? With no problems since the blown opportunities in 04 and beginning of 05, Mo has yet to have a problem with the red sox in save situations. I'd say the red sox being his Daddy tag is off. If the bosox fans cheer for him again, it'll be because he's retiring.

No.
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    No.
    X2

Quote Originally Posted by redsoxrules View Post
    X2
    delusionalX2
    1.0 back

well out of 44 save chance in his career against boston he has blown 10 of them thats right 10 not including playoffs

familiarity breeds contempt
    rivera has seen the sox far too often
    the notion that the sox own his ass isnt proper
    manny and papi and that offense owned a lot of guys over the years

hes still the last guy you want to see out there from a boston point of view

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Crunchy View Post
    Besides....Ted Lilly <_<
    2007 World Series Champs
    Quote Originally Posted by rician blast;306386;
    Regardless of Ellsbury being, as you put it, the "pride enjoy" and the FO being "prowd" of Buch...

yeah
    ted lilly and gussy chacin
    those 2 pricks are brutal on us

they needed to be patient with jarett wright last evening
    they werent
    too many meatballs were hit right at people

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Crunchy View Post
    familiarity breeds contempt
    rivera has seen the sox far too often
    the notion that the sox own his ass isnt proper
    manny and papi and that offense owned a lot of guys over the years

agreed buddy....
    1.0 back

Major Leaguer

Quote Originally Posted by empirestrikesback26 View Post
    That was Farnworth's run. Do you know how the game of baseball works? Inherited runner don't go against a pitcher.
    It is a arguable that they should.

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox Rule View Post
    It is a arguable that they should.
    um no....
    1.0 back