Register now to remove this ad

Thread: "Ironhead" Heyward dies

Legend

"Ironhead" Heyward dies

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2460799

A bit of sad news as former NFL FB Craig "Ironhead" Heyward has lost his battle with a recurring tumor and passed away at the age of 39. A few years ago, a stroke had left him partially paralyzed. According to the article, he was only expected to live another 3-5 years, so his death wasn't completely unexpected, as there were no plans to make another attempt at removing the tumor.

My thoughts and prayers go out to his family.
    ""There are no asterisks in this life, only scoreboards... and ours is currently reading 'fucked'." -- Ari Gold, Entourage

Re: "Ironhead" Heyward dies

Quote Originally Posted by See Red View Post
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2460799

A bit of sad news as former NFL FB Craig "Ironhead" Heyward has lost his battle with a recurring tumor and passed away at the age of 39. A few years ago, a stroke had left him partially paralyzed. According to the article, he was only expected to live another 3-5 years, so his death wasn't completely unexpected, as there were no plans to make another attempt at removing the tumor.

My thoughts and prayers go out to his family.
    Thanks a shame. Again, thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

Re: "Ironhead" Heyward dies

Thats sad to hear. I remember when I was little I used to have these little Headliners which were little figurines of sports guys and I had a Ironhead Heyward one. Thats how I remember him lol.

RIP Ironhead
    Go Red Sox!
    Go Patriots!
    Go Celtics!
    Go Bruins!