Register now to remove this ad

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Second Place Cafe?

Re: Second Place Cafe?

Quote Originally Posted by One Red Seat View Post
    Yay, I made an ignore list.

So, you are taking your ball and going home. How very 5 years oldish of you. You are right, you don't take the banter to the same level that some do here. However, you did call the behavior classless. Since you admit you do partake in it, you are admitting that you are classless. Which has been my point all along.

*Someone quote me so the pre-schooler gets to see it..
    The downside of ignore list. Like the downside of Susan Atkins was Virginia Grahamn. Whom briefly dated Jay Sebring, whom briefly dated Sharon Tate, whose downside was Susan Atkins. Celeb oracle?

This is my rifle....

The demise of other things can be divined from the 'Bopp'. For my ears, Hanson's "Mmm Bopp" meant hours of misery. While Marshall Applewhite and Co. (Heaven's Gate) heard the death bell toll when Hale-Bopp Comet approached. Is 'Bopp' a true harbinger of sorrow?

The demise of other things can be divined from the 'Bopp'. For my ears, Hanson's "Mmm Bopp" meant hours of misery. While Marshall Applewhite and Co. (Heaven's Gate) heard the death bell toll when Hale-Bopp Comet approached. Is 'Bopp' a true harbinger of sorrow?
    Not 'Bopp', but perhaps 'Bop'?

Bop-it, Pull-it, Flick-it, Spin-it, Hide it.

When a young child states that their preference is to play the said game, it leads to the demise of what we call, sanity. Then sorrow ensues, as the supervisor realizes that one must put up with the game for the minimum duration of at least an hour.

Hop spelled the downfall of pop. Dr. Seuss never knew how much pain his seemingly harmless children's rhyme brought upon that poor man.

This is my rifle....

And, of course, nobody wishes to flop. A wikipedia search for 'flop' yields links to several different usages, the most pertinent to us being the use of 'flop' as a term for failure. In that sub-category one can view a list of Famous Military Disasters. A noteworthy one is this little nugget:

The Battle of Adrianople, in which the emperor Valens was killed while Gothic heavy cavalry ambushed and decimated his Roman heavy infantry.

Why this is categorized as a 'flop' is beyond me. I mean, how can one be expected to win a battle when their army consists of fat babies?

The Battle of Adrianople, in which the emperor Valens was killed while Gothic heavy cavalry ambushed and decimated his Roman heavy infantry.

Why this is categorized as a 'flop' is beyond me. I mean, how can one be expected to win a battle when their army consists of fat babies?
    dude...seriously...that's pretty fkn funny.

you write your own lines?

And, of course, nobody wishes to flop.
    In my humble opinion the above is not an accurate statement in some instances.

I'll give you the fact that no one wants to flop...or fail.

I'll also grant you that no one wants to be part of the now defunct Seattle band Flop, who's only album was a total flop.

However when it comes to high-jumping, many have worked to perfect the flop...the Fosbury Flop, that is. According to Wikipedia:

The Fosbury Flop was the most important breakthrough in high jump. Before Fosbury, most elite jumpers dove over head first, or had their own specialized techniques. At this point in history, almost all jumpers use the Fosbury Flop. Dick Fosbury revolutionized high jump as anyone knows it and made one of the largest impact in this sport ever.

Even today high-jumpers hop, pop and flop on their way to the top.

Major Leaguer

Quote Originally Posted by 26 to 6 View Post
    OK, again, i'm not a hypocrite here. My level of "classlessness" is nowhere near to the degree that you guys here have reached.

Please, if you insist on singing ridiculous songs, learn a new one.

We are classless? You don't consider the ridiculious "Got Rings?" t-shirts Yankee fans wear as classless? You guys still haven't conceded the fact that the Red Sox won another World Series. I'm looking forward to watching my team discontinue your team's division streak so that way I don't ever have to hear your moronic "it's only July guys, remember what happened last year?" comments.
    I'll stand beside you, never leave through it all. Faith will bring a way to the impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by redoctober View Post
    We are classless? You don't consider the ridiculious "Got Rings?" t-shirts Yankee fans wear as classless? You guys still haven't conceded the fact that the Red Sox won another World Series. I'm looking forward to watching my team discontinue your team's division streak so that way I don't ever have to hear your moronic "it's only July guys, remember what happened last year?" comments.

Bad timing.

You're about a month late, and this thread should be renamed, "Presidential Assassin" cafe.
    Quote Originally Posted by ORS
    I know they will. At some point in your life, you'll grow up and quit pulling stupid shit like this. Then, the world will be a better place. Unfortunately, somebody else will turn 12 and start doing the same thing. It's a vicious cycle.