Weight: 226
    Bats: Right
    Throws: Right
    Drafted: 1st Round, 2003
    How Acquired: Draft
    College: Georgia Tech
    High School: Eagles Landing HS
    ETA: 2006

He walks a lot, hits a lot of homeruns and has a lot of raw power. Should hit anywhere from 30-40 homeruns in a given season, especially with aid from Fenway, a play a solid LF. Could play CF for a few years to start if Manny is still in LF. Diligently takes notes of opposing pitchers and has been doing it since his G-Tech days.

Current Stats: 97 games, 357 AB's, .305/.378/.465/.843; .68 (41/60) BB/K; 16 2B, 4 3B, 11 HR, 53 RBI, 58 R

Do you think he can make it to Pawtucket by the beginning of next year?
    Quote Originally Posted by ORS
    I know they will. At some point in your life, you'll grow up and quit pulling stupid shit like this. Then, the world will be a better place. Unfortunately, somebody else will turn 12 and start doing the same thing. It's a vicious cycle.

All-Star
    Originally posted by CrespoBlows@Jul 25 2004, 11:54 AM
    Do you think he can make it to Pawtucket by the beginning of next year?
    He's got a chance. He'll get called up to Portland either today or Monday to take Hattig's roster spot or in early August once Roneberg goes to the Olympics. He needs to hit well there and have a strong showing in Spring Training, but it's not outside the realm of possibilities.

Where do you go to see the Red Sox minor league transactions?
    I know they will. At some point in your life, you'll grow up and quit pulling stupid shit like this. Then, the world will be a better place. Unfortunately, somebody else will turn 12 and start doing the same thing. It's a vicious cycle.

All-Star
    Originally posted by CrespoBlows@Jul 25 2004, 02:18 PM
    Where do you go to see the Red Sox minor league transactions?
    http://www.soxprospects.com/transactions.htm

It's usually well updated. If it's not, you could try Baseball America.com's Daily Dish or rotoworld.com for the more major transactions.

Thanks

Conception got a call up to Portland, but I guess that was to take the Catcher spot, when did you say Rohenberg was leaving to Athens?

All-Star
    Originally posted by CrespoBlows@Jul 27 2004, 08:07 PM
    Conception got a call up to Portland, but I guess that was to take the Catcher spot, when did you say Rohenberg was leaving to Athens?
    August 12th, I believe. Roneberg isn't going to go to the team workouts prior to the games because he's already in mid-season form.

All-Star
    Murton was traded to the Cubs today. This thread can be closed while I go hang myself.

Why the hell did we trade Murton, did the Cubs insisit on him, or did Epstein see something he didn't like?

All-Star
    Originally posted by CrespoBlows@Aug 2 2004, 05:31 PM
    Why the hell did we trade Murton, did the Cubs insisit on him, or did Epstein see something he didn't like?
    The Cubs wouldn't facilitate both deals (Cabrera and Mientkiewicz) without Murton. Hendry insisted upon it and Theo caved. He still loves Murton, but he had to do what he didn't have to do.

All-Star
    I was just checking the scores on Baseball America and the SaraSox are up 8-2 in the third inning. I said to myself outloud, "Murton must've hit a homerun." Then reality set in...

All-Star
    Well, Murton did go 2-5 with 2 RBI today... for the Daytona Cubs.

OK, I promise, that was my last Murton update.