Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2006 Elections

2006 Elections

Wow. No threads on this yet.

Looks like the Republicans will maintain control of the Senate, but lose the House. Hopefully, the Democrats appoint someone other than Pelosi.
    Quote Originally Posted by ORS
    I know they will. At some point in your life, you'll grow up and quit pulling stupid shit like this. Then, the world will be a better place. Unfortunately, somebody else will turn 12 and start doing the same thing. It's a vicious cycle.

Re: 2006 Elections

I voted...I didn't want to (the campaign in this area was disgusting) but I did.

The GOP is going to lose both houses and for the next two years our government will accomplish absolutely nothing (barring a major, 'eye opening' event.)

I voted..for all democrats.

Spitzer better win too.

Quote Originally Posted by yankeessuck013;204516;
    Spitzer better win too.
    George Pataki has a better chance of winning tonight than any of Spitzer's opponents.

Honestly, if I asked 100 people they would not know who Spitzer is running against. He made a name for himself as district attorney and on wall street prosecutions. His opponent doesn't have the same degree of celebrity.

On a local note, Deval patrick wins for the Democrats.
    "Right now, somewhere in New York, an eight-year-old kid is wondering if the Yankees will win a championship in his lifetime" - (Updated version of) Bill Simmons

Super Moderator

Good. Even though I tend to think a bit more conservatively, Kerry Healey was just really starting to piss me off with this "Deval Patrick is trying to smear my record blah blah" while she goes and puts out commercials suggesting Deval Patrick supports rapists. Get a clue. What a dumb bitch.

Legend

Eh, I forfeited my right to an opinion when I didn't vote and I'll continue to do so as long as I can't watch television without seeing two smear ads during every commercial break. It's such a turnoff.
    ""There are no asterisks in this life, only scoreboards... and ours is currently reading 'fucked'." -- Ari Gold, Entourage

This seems to be going relatively well for Democrats, aside from Ford's loss in Tennessee. I think the last 3 senate seats could potentially go Democrat in Missouri, Montana, and Virginia, giving the Dems the Senate without Ford.

Today is not a good day. The only thing I hate more than seeing Republicans celebrate is watching Democrats celebrate.

All-Star

Democrats will take Senate with Montana and Webb soon to be made official winner in Virginia, right after the recount confirms that Webb won by 8,000 votes
    Remember the Faith. Zc

Good.

Damn that Virginia one turned around fast. Bad news is (for me) my English class is doing presentations and predictions on the races and I picked Allen, so no extra credit for me. A bit of a surprise even with the controversy, as Virginia is a rather conservative state.

What turn fo events, the Democrats now having contorl of both the House and Senate.
    "Right now, somewhere in New York, an eight-year-old kid is wondering if the Yankees will win a championship in his lifetime" - (Updated version of) Bill Simmons

No more Rummy.