Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "Kramer's" Racist Tirade -- Caught on Tape . .

Re: "Kramer's" Racist Tirade -- Caught on Tape . .

He could be, but you have to understand that he always yells, and complains about stuff at his shows. I mean thats him.... as for what he said, I don't know if there is any explanation for it, but I can't be mad at him for it, I don't know why.
    Ain't no thiing, but a chicken wiing
    http://www.projectwasted.com/upload/.../kobe_dunk.jpg

While I hate the double standard that is always held in these circumstances, Richards lost his shit and was very stupid up there.
    9-11-01 FDNYPD We will not forget.
    Just because it's a rivalry doesn't mean you need to make retarded arguments.

Richards says anger, not racism, sparked tirade

LOS ANGELES - He called two black hecklers the “n-word” and enthusiastically referenced a time when blacks were often victims of civil rights abuses, but Michael Richards said his verbal barrage during a stand-up routine was fueled by anger and not bigotry.

“For me to be at a comedy club and flip out and say this crap, I’m deeply, deeply sorry,” the former “Seinfeld” co-star said during a satellite appearance for David Letterman’s “Late Show” in New York.

“I’m not a racist. That’s what’s so insane about this,” Richards said, his tone becoming angry and frustrated as he defended himself.

Richards described himself as going into “a rage” over the two audience members who interrupted his act Friday at the Laugh Factory in West Hollywood.

His explanation was reminiscent of Mel Gibson’s assertion that he wasn’t anti-Semitic after he let off a barrage of Jewish slurs during a traffic stop last summer: despite what came out of his mouth, that’s not what is inside him.

Industry colleagues were in no hurry to accept Richards’ apology.

“Once the word comes out of your mouth and you don’t happen to be African-American, then you have a whole lot of explaining,” comedian Paul Rodriguez, who was at the Laugh Factory during Richards’ performance, told CNN. “Freedom of speech has its limitations and I think Michael Richards found those limitations.”

Veteran publicist Michael Levine, whose clients have included comedians George Carlin, Sam Kinison and Rodney Dangerfield, called Richards’ remarks inexcusable. Comics often face hecklers without losing their cool, he said.

“I’ve never seen anything like this in my life,” Levine said Monday. “I think it’s a career ruiner for him. ... It’s going to be a long road back for him, if at all.”

Stand-up act turns unfunny

His Laugh Factory tirade began after the two clubgoers shouted at him that he wasn’t funny. A videotape of the incident was posted on TMZ.com.

Richards retorted: “Shut up! Fifty years ago we’d have you upside down with a [expletive] fork up your a--.”

He then paced across the stage taunting the men for interrupting his show, peppering his speech with racial slurs and profanities.

“You can talk, you can talk, you’re brave now [expletive]. Throw his a-- out. He’s a n-----!” Richards shouts before repeating the racial epithet over and over again.

Moderating his tone at one point, Richards tells the audience, “It shocks you, it shocks you” and refers to “what lays buried.”

While there is some chuckling in the audience throughout the outburst, someone can be heard gasping “Oh my God” and people respond with “ooh” after Richards uses the n-word.

Eventually someone calls out: “It’s not funny. That’s why you’re a reject, never had no shows, never had no movies. ‘Seinfeld,’ that’s it.”

Richards deserved the chance to apologize, Jerry Seinfeld said on the “Late Show.”

“He’s someone that I love and I know how shattered he is about” what happened, Seinfeld said.

> http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15816126/

.................................................. ...............

Nice try . :thumbdown .

Quote Originally Posted by NateGrey;207279;
    Richards says anger, not racism, sparked tirade
    Anger sparked his racism. I don't care what someone is saying to you there is never a reason to used the N word ... especially when you're a comedian. Any stand-up comedian will tell you that you have to deal with hecklers almost every night of the week ... it's just part of the job. A good stand-up can get back at the heckler, and make him laugh at the same time ... not make him get up and walk out.

Quote Originally Posted by Beckett95;207215;
    woww, Richards went down hill fast.

Anyone else think he's having some drug or alcohol problems?

Seems like it from that video
    Most definitely...I could definitely see a post-tirade detox or rehab trip a la Mel Gibson.

i heard him on letterman last nite
    he's on some heavy heavy tranquilizers or even worse.....
    he looks troubled in the above picture

i know many blacks use the N word and i am sure many many here,myself included,have used the word from time to time
    theres also the black entertainers who throw it out there all the time
    then theres the morons who like to call each other nigger

problem i have
    theres a shit load of black people who dont like to hear the word at all
    do you think that deval patrick calls colin powell and starts the conversation
    YO WHAT UP NIGGA
    do you think louis farrakhan calls calvin muhammad up and says
    YOU BE MY NIGGA

i feel the more educated the black man is
    the less inclined he is to use the word and that goes for us white or latin folk as well

i have several inner city black friends
    some i played sports with,others ive worked with

theyre not white people on the inside
    theyre black on the inside
    theyre different,not inferior but different

white america needs to understand this

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Crunchy;207311;
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dufHYw-W6j4

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Crunchy;207311;

i know many blacks use the N word and i am sure many many here,myself included,have used the word from time to time
    theres also the black entertainers who throw it out there all the time
    then theres the morons who like to call each other nigger

problem i have
    theres a shit load of black people who dont like to hear the word at all
    do you think that deval patrick calls colin powell and starts the conversation
    YO WHAT UP NIGGA
    do you think louis farrakhan calls calvin muhammad up and says
    YOU BE MY NIGGA

i feel the more educated the black man is
    the less inclined he is to use the word and that goes for us white or latin folk as well

i have several inner city black friends
    some i played sports with,others ive worked with

theyre not white people on the inside
    theyre black on the inside
    theyre different,not inferior but different

white america needs to understand this
    YOU SAID NIGGA YOUR A RACIST..

fuck you bosox <_<

What would happen if a dumb white guy interrupted some black Comedian's show? He'd have been called a cracker among other names. Richards here went way too far, but i'm sick of African-Americans getting away with mocking other races all the time in their shows. Double standard applies.

I'm sure everyone has made an error in judgment, unfortunately, being a celebrity, its under the microscope.

Personally I don't want to see this destroy his career, or whatever's left of his career in the post-Seinfeld era. It's not like he has a long, decorated history of making racist comments.

It's not like Mel Gibson, who's been anti-semetic forever.

You bring up a good point with the cracker word.

Its ok for black people to say cracker? But god forbid if I say nigger...

Quote Originally Posted by yankeessuck013;207341;
    What would happen if a dumb white guy interrupted some black Comedian's show? He'd have been called a cracker among other names. Richards here went way too far, but i'm sick of African-Americans getting away with mocking other races all the time in their shows. Double standard applies.

I'm sure everyone has made an error in judgment, unfortunately, being a celebrity, its under the microscope.

Personally I don't want to see this destroy his career, or whatever's left of his career in the post-Seinfeld era. It's not like he has a long, decorated history of making racist comments.

It's not like Mel Gibson, who's been anti-semetic forever.

Did you miss the "50 years ago they would've had you hanged with a fork up your a__ " part? Or how about the " that's what you get when you interrupt the white man" part? :dunno:

I still love seinfeld, even though Richards was a moron for doing what he did.
    "Knicks suck, Jets suck, Yankees suck"

-Peter Griffin, talking to a New Yorker

does anyone here of european decent get miffed and pissed when they hear the word honkey or cracker or such??

its a name that throws us back 150 years and into another age where the black man wasnt even considered a human in alot of areas
    christ
    im 40 and i remember reading NO NIGGERS ALLOWED signs 10 years after the ciovil rights bills of 1965 were passed in south carolina

egyps and the jews have been at it for 5000 years and established a half assed peace in 1977-78
    it may take a while before we as a nation are no longer sensitive

while we're at it
    was there a more polarizing race issue than what went down in la in the early 90s??
    1st rodney king gets done up by a bunch of cops on video
    the cops walk in lower court
    waats catches fire and the blacks riot on the koreans

then oj in 94
    the defense used mark furman and the cops incompetence and out right lies to make a defense for simpson where there wasnt any
    furman lies on the stand and hes the main investigator,the man who spots the drop of blood on the bronco in the dead of night
    they put him on trial and beat his and the la cops asses
    meanwhile oj,the all american beloved oreo if you will,rediscovers his black heritage after cutting his white brides head off??

the nations opinion for the most part was split down the middle according to race and when oj got off black america sadly appproved while white america went nuts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Crunchy;207359;
    does anyone here of european decent get miffed and pissed when they hear the word honkey or cracker or such??

its a name that throws us back 150 years and into another age where the black man wasnt even considered a human in alot of areas
    christ
    im 40 and i remember reading NO NIGGERS ALLOWED signs 10 years after the ciovil rights bills of 1965 were passed in south carolina

egyps and the jews have been at it for 5000 years and established a half assed peace in 1977-78
    it may take a while before we as a nation are no longer sensitive
    We're either waaay too far one way or waaaaaay too far the either. First we minorities have no rights ... now they have more rights than anyone else. Eventually I think we'll get this who "equal" thing down ... but I don't expect to see it in my lifetime.

BTW there is never a right time to say the N word ... no matter what someone calls you. If you really feel the need to respond when someone calls you a cracker there are about 200 less offense racial slurs you could throw back ... just don't go for the bomb.