Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Fantasy League 1

This is my rifle....

Fantasy League 1

Ok, Zach has started the '07 league. Here's the teams as best I can determine, please fill in your team if I missed you....

Los Pepinos - ORS
    ZaChAttaCK! - schillingouttheks
    Cusetown Heroes - HOSN
    Pesky's Crusaders - ????
    Porch Monkeys - ARod2212 :wtf:
    Brooklyn Yankees - He Hate Me ???
    The Pubes - Crespo
    Stockers - Take a guess
    The Burninators - See Red
    Cape Codders - SFoC
    Jack's Jacks - Dingleberry
    ???? - ????

So, let's have this thread be where we discuss and vent about the goings-on of our teams this year.

Re: Talksox Fantasy Baseball '07 on Yahoo

Cusetown Heros- HeadofSoNation.

Who's Dingleberry ?

Good idea, we didn't have any discussion in either league last year. I hope everyone is up for the dues idea.

Is there such a thing as a "private thread" on here? Like that only certain people can see? I know we could post on the message board in the league within Yahoo!, but I like this format way better. You think we'll have any problems with it getting cluttered by people not in the league?

I'm totally in for the dues idea.

Not in the Contests & Prizes Forum.

This is my rifle....

Quote Originally Posted by Sox Fan on Cape;225979;
    Cusetown Heros- HeadofSoNation.

Who's Dingleberry ?

Good idea, we didn't have any discussion in either league last year. I hope everyone is up for the dues idea.
    Well, Jacksonianmarch is playing, and there's a team called Jack's Jacks. Dingleberry is just some banter.

I'm up for the dues. Is Zach coordinating that?

I think so, but I haven't heard it officially yet.

The double question mark is me. I totally forgot this was starting so soon. Good call on making the thread. Manny's Crew is me...if you had any trouble figuring that out.
    I don't ever wanna see the Red and Blues again. :blink:

Power, Pride, Pinstripes

Brooklyn Yankees is here in the house ready to defend his championship title from last year! Unlike ARod, I didn't choke in the clutch!

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by One Red Seat;225978;
    Ok, Zach has started the '07 league. Here's the teams as best I can determine, please fill in your team if I missed you....

Los Pepinos - ORS
    ZaChAttaCK! - schillingouttheks
    Cusetown Heroes - HOSN
    Pesky's Crusaders - ????
    Porch Monkeys - ARod2212 :wtf:
    Brooklyn Yankees - He Hate Me ???
    The Pubes - Crespo
    Stockers - Take a guess
    The Burninators - See Red
    Cape Codders - SFoC
    Jack's Jacks - Dingleberry
    ???? - ????

So, let's have this thread be where we discuss and vent about the goings-on of our teams this year.
    Good idea, let's just abandon the league posting and just post here, it'll keep it more orderly. The ???s are Manny Goes Boom, Pesky's Crusaders is riverside sluggers, and yes, Brooklyn Yankees is He Hate Me. And yes, ARod's choice of a team name is quite ... appalling?

Quote Originally Posted by One Red Seat;225989;
    Well, Jacksonianmarch is playing, and there's a team called Jack's Jacks. Dingleberry is just some banter.

I'm up for the dues. Is Zach coordinating that?
    As far as I know, everyone is willing to throw in $20 to the winner. The split is $20 to third place (don't lose any money), $40 to second and $180 to the winner. So you get a bit of a profit from making the championship round, and you at least get your money back for finishing third. Jackpot for winning it. I'm leaning towards having everyone mail me the $20 and I'll pass it out accordingly when the season's over, or having someone else do it (I still live with parents, so they might get pretty suspicious if I have $20 coming in from all over the place).

Quote Originally Posted by He Hate Me;226043;
    Brooklyn Yankees is here in the house ready to defend his championship title from last year! Unlike ARod, I didn't choke in the clutch!
    Pft, I won the title in League #1 last year and lost to you in the championship round of League #2 B)

Super Moderator

Don't forget that the draft is scheduled for Wednesday, March 14th at 9:00pm EASTERN TIME.

If you can't be there, be sure to pre-rank your players.

I will post the drafted teams shortly after the draft in case anyone else from the board is interested in at least following what's going on here. Come playoff time, I'll post the playoff match ups and update them accordingly.

Remember the following changes to the settings of the league:
    - No can't cut list
    - OBP in addition to BA
    - K is taken out, replaced with K/9 and K/BB to balance batting vs. pitching categories
    - 1 extra "P" slot, 4 total

GOOD LUCK!

One more thing, it would be really helpful if those of you that are not in this league keep comments in this thread to a minimum, as it will clutter the thread less and make everyones' lives easier. Thank you for understanding.

:lol:

I love some of the names out there.

Power, Pride, Pinstripes

Quote Originally Posted by schillingouttheks;226111;
    Don't forget that the draft is scheduled for Wednesday, March 14th at 9:00pm EASTERN TIME.

If you can't be there, be sure to pre-rank your players.

I will post the drafted teams shortly after the draft in case anyone else from the board is interested in at least following what's going on here. Come playoff time, I'll post the playoff match ups and update them accordingly.

Remember the following changes to the settings of the league:
    - No can't cut list
    - OBP in addition to BA
    - K is taken out, replaced with K/9 and K/BB to balance batting vs. pitching categories
    - 1 extra "P" slot, 4 total

GOOD LUCK!

One more thing, it would be really helpful if those of you that are not in this league keep comments in this thread to a minimum, as it will clutter the thread less and make everyones' lives easier. Thank you for understanding.
    I want to point out that by doing this, you eliminate the importance of starting pitching as 5 out of the 6 pitching categories are dominated by closers and relief pitchers.

.. Need 1 more? ..

This is my rifle....

Quote Originally Posted by He Hate Me;226234;
    I want to point out that by doing this, you eliminate the importance of pitching as 5 out of the 6 pitching categories are dominated by closers and relief pitchers.
    No it doesn't. RPs might have better ERA and K/9 numbers on average, but it is weighted less because of the fewer IPs they will contribute each week, and due to this their K and BB totals that go into K/BB won't be as great. To win those categories, you will still need good starting pitching.

Power, Pride, Pinstripes

Quote Originally Posted by One Red Seat;226252;
    No it doesn't. RPs might have better ERA and K/9 numbers on average, but it is weighted less because of the fewer IPs they will contribute each week, and due to this their K and BB totals that go into K/BB won't be as great. To win those categories, you will still need good starting pitching.
    I dont think Yahoo cares about that when it comes to averages. If you have 6 closers and they have a 10/1 K/BB ratio, and thats all you start for that week, Yahoo will give you a 10/1 K/BB ratio.

ERA
    WHIP
    K/9
    K/BB

These are all stats that don't take into account how many innings are pitched since they are just stats based on percentages or averages.

In order to rectify this problem, you will have to raise the minimum innings pitched to a high number. It's an option which I don't like doing because it's very subjective.

I would suggest replacing one of the stats based on average with a total category like K's or something to that effect. Right now, the guy with the most closers on his team will win pitching every week unless you start tinkering around with the minimum innings pitched.