Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2007 NBA Draft Thread

2007 NBA Draft Thread

Seeing as the college season is now complete, we now move on to the NBA Draft. As of right now, I don't see how anyone could take Durant over Oden, especially in wake of that absolutely marvelous performance in the Championship game. I've got Oden, Durant, Wright, Hibbert, Hortford, Conley Jr., Green, Brewer, Jianlian, and Byars in my top 10.

Thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by ORS
    I know they will. At some point in your life, you'll grow up and quit pulling stupid shit like this. Then, the world will be a better place. Unfortunately, somebody else will turn 12 and start doing the same thing. It's a vicious cycle.

Deity

Re: 2007 NBA Draft Thread

http://www.nbadraft.net/

Decent site, although it's tough to think Noah and Thabeet are top 10 picks.

I'm not too concerned with the draft for now, because the playoffs are on the horizon and that's alot more important right now. But I would do backflips if the Suns drafted Al Horford.
    I don't ever wanna see the Red and Blues again. :blink:

THABEET TOP 10??!?!?

ROFL, LOLOLOLOLOLOL. I think I could post up on that big softie. He SUCKS.

Quote Originally Posted by TheKilo;234263;
    http://www.nbadraft.net/

Decent site, although it's tough to think Noah and Thabeet are top 10 picks.
    Decent?

Check that.

Terrible.

Their scouting reports are OK, but their mocks are pathetic.

High on Byars, eh Crespo?

Quote Originally Posted by YanksHater213;234318;
    Decent?

Check that.

Terrible.

Their scouting reports are OK, but their mocks are pathetic.

High on Byars, eh Crespo?
    Their mocks ARE pathetic. I remember theirs last year, and I was talking about it with one of my friends and he was so fired up about their mock, and wrote them a letter telling them how horrible they are. :lol:

Who's this chinese guy joining the draft this year? I heard something about him earlier today.

Yi Jianlin.

Haven't seen much of him aside from a youtube highlight or two. He's looked good in them, but don't get me wrong, those are just highlights, and it doesn't show everything that happens. I'd need to see a full game to judge him.

Also that's vs other gooks and Europeans. He's gotta get against some NBA level talent.

Quote Originally Posted by YanksHater213;234391;
    Yi Jianlin.

Haven't seen much of him aside from a youtube highlight or two. He's looked good in them, but don't get me wrong, those are just highlights, and it doesn't show everything that happens. I'd need to see a full game to judge him.

Also that's vs other gooks and Europeans. He's gotta get against some NBA level talent.
    I wanted to bump him out of the top ten, but I couldn't put Noah ahead of him.
    Quote Originally Posted by ORS
    I know they will. At some point in your life, you'll grow up and quit pulling stupid shit like this. Then, the world will be a better place. Unfortunately, somebody else will turn 12 and start doing the same thing. It's a vicious cycle.

Anyone seen Sun Mingming?

Youtube "taller than yao"

Quote Originally Posted by Soxfan#1;234396;
    Anyone seen Sun Mingming?

Youtube "taller than yao"
    Yeah.

The dude can't run, is horribly unathletic and is just big. I mean I could dunk on the guy, his vert is like 6 inches.

Legend

Absolutely no stamina. Uncoordinated because his feet are disgusting -- they had to grind down the bones because they didn't have shoes to fit him in his native China (which is ironic considering everything comes from China) and at this point, he's a mediocre player by ABA standards. Terrible vert, slow -- all that any team would have to do is push the ball and up the tempo when he's in the game.

Other than size, the guy has absolutely NOTHING going for him.
    ""There are no asterisks in this life, only scoreboards... and ours is currently reading 'fucked'." -- Ari Gold, Entourage

Major Leaguer

Quote Originally Posted by CrespoBlows;234239;
    Seeing as the college season is now complete, we now move on to the NBA Draft. As of right now, I don't see how anyone could take Durant over Oden, especially in wake of that absolutely marvelous performance in the Championship game. I've got Oden, Durant, Wright, Hibbert, Hortford, Conley Jr., Green, Brewer, Jianlian, and Byars in my top 10.

Thoughts?
    Technically, his last name (by Western standards) is Yi. No one refers to Yao as "Ming." That's his first name.
    Gil Hodges for the HOF

Major Leaguer

You are semi-correct. Yes his name is Ming Yao, but in China last names come first. As in our foreign exchange student Jason Wu, his whole family is called Wu, then their own name. Ming is the first name you'll see, but in an English sense Yao is his first name.
    Quote Originally Posted by bsox0407
    some of cant drink and some wont. i cant drink and wont usually designated driver. plus if you are in the FBI you cant drink period.
    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter
    I withdraw my challenge to all of our members who work for the FBI.

Major Leaguer

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch;234311;
    THABEET TOP 10??!?!?

ROFL, LOLOLOLOLOLOL. I think I could post up on that big softie. He SUCKS.
    Right now he sucks. But he is a Top 10 pick. He has only been playing basketball for like 5 years or something, so he is still extremely raw. NBA team's see that he is not developed at all, he is just getting by on a pure physical talent right now. If they draft him, they can develop him their own way, which is a very attractive option for some teams.