Register now to remove this ad

Thread: A League of Their Own

A League of Their Own

I was just wondering, has the movie been brought up before on here? If not, what do you guys think of it? I thought it was good. Despite the drama involved, it was pretty cool to see women's baseball and how it adapted in the 1940s while most men were at war.
    Treasurer of the Julio Lugo Fan Club

Deity

Re: A League of Their Own

lol

thumper, I would like to take this moment to tell you that you are on a diehard baseball site and bringing up that movie immediately costs you your balls.

Jeter Jeter peter eater RedSoxRooter's Avatar

rosie OWN3D in that movie!!!@!

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch;239023;
    thumper, I would like to take this moment to tell you that you are on a diehard baseball site and bringing up that movie immediately costs you your balls.
    I'm not afraid to admit it. I liked that movie. I thought it was good. I liked it when Tom Hanks said "There's no crying in baseball!" I thought it was funny.

I also thought "Field of Dreams" was good too, and "The Natural" you're gonna dog on me for those too?

Remember the Titans wuz a good one 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Remember the Titans;239037;
    Remember the Titans wuz a good one 2.
    This isn't about football movies...

Super Moderator

Thumper has entirely missed the basis of RtT's existance on this board.

Major Leaguer

It's also not about baseball movies. You started a thread entitled "A League of Their Own"...so apparantly you wished to invite discourse on that particular film. An anachronistic topic mind you, but one that never gets old. Or does. I never..and I mean this sincerely....never agree w/ MJ about anything... except for today. And, I'm a chick...who played little league baseball back in the day.

Future reference...start scintillating thread topics like: "Tupperware" ....economical idea or do you just lose the tops when you move after spending 142 bucks because it seemed like a good idea at the time? Discuss.

Quote Originally Posted by taliesin;239046;
    It's also not about baseball movies. You started a thread entitled "A League of Their Own"...so apparantly you wished to invite discourse on that particular film. An anachronistic topic mind you, but one that never gets old. Or does. I never..and I mean this sincerely....never agree w/ MJ about anything... except for today. And, I'm a chick...who played little league baseball back in the day.

Future reference...start scintillating thread topics like: "Tupperware" ....economical idea or do you just lose the tops when you move after spending 142 bucks because it seemed like a good idea at the time? Discuss.
    Ooookay you win. My mistake.

Deity

Remember the Titans >>>>>>>>>>>>> Thumper

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper;239036;
    I'm not afraid to admit it. I liked that movie. I thought it was good. I liked it when Tom Hanks said "There's no crying in baseball!" I thought it was funny.

I also thought "Field of Dreams" was good too, and "The Natural" you're gonna dog on me for those too?
    if you are a baseball fan, you must love field of dreams. I liked the natural as well. But a title of a thread called a league of their own is bad.