Quote Originally Posted by CrespoBlows;271986;
Umm.... we kinda signed Pinerio to be the closer at the time of the signing. Oh, he signed for $2 million less, which would not have vaulted the Red Sox over the luxury tax.

Seriously, get your facts straight.

Christ, confrontational aren't we? When we signed Piniero I don't remember them signing him as the closer... I remember Timlin being tagged by Francona as the leading candidate all through spring training too. And I reallllly don't think the Sox not being in on Gagne was a money descision. I think its a lot more likely that they didn't want to commit to a guy to close if they thought Papelbon could be medically cleared to resume the closer role. I don't know that Papelbon has the secondary stuff or the location to pitch a 200 inning season with the kind of success we're used to seeing him have. So I think we're better as we are right now with him in the bullpen. Thats just my opinion, not a fact, sorry if you don't agree.

Sorry I ruffled your feathers so much, buddy. I'll remember you're a sensitive guy next time I bump into you on the boards.