Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "yankees Suck" Chant

All-Star
    i might get crucified for this but i'm going to say it anyways. i'm a diehard sox fan, been a fan since my first sox game when i was 7 or 8 and became a diehard fan in college when i started to understand baseball better.

there was a party at my house on friday (i live on comm ave, 10 min walk from fenway park) and there were about 200 + people here. when we found out that the sox won some people started the yankees suck chant. myself and other yankee fans were probably the only ones not chanting. i never understood it. i just think it's so stupid. the yankees CLEARLY do not suck, i mean they are ahead of us in the division and holds the SECOND best record in the majors. if they suck what are we? doesn't that make us, "wicked" sucks?

many people say that to be a true sox fan you have to hate the yankees. without the yankees it would be such a dull season, we would cruise to win the al east everytime, there will be no more wild card chase, no more division chase, no more rivalry. does the fact that i don't chant yankees suck make me a not a diehard sox fan? i just feel that it's so immature, it's just plain stupid.

i'll just leave it at that, begin discussion.

john
    Most dominant pitcher
    Quote Originally Posted by CrespoBlows
    The A's are going to finish dead last this year in the AL West.
    They won't win the AL West for the next 3 years, the Angels will definaltly be on top of them.
    If you are stupid, I will make fun of you. :harhar:

I really used to be on the "yankees suck" train. I bought T-Shirts and everything. I'm not coming around to your point of view.

While some of the shirts can be funny, they really have no basis. Sure I hate the yankees, but chanting yankees suck when we play the twins is stupid. Chanting yankees suck when they have a winning record (indeed, a record better than ours) is also plain stupid.

So long as we keep chanting yankees suck, yankee fans have every right to point out how much the Red Sox suck.

All-Star
    i don't know i'm raning about this, probably because i just read the kruk article on the texas brawl and a few paragraphs down it mentioned a-rod and the trade.

what's with all the A-rod haters? i really hate the "gay-rod" shirts. so what if he's a yankee, he's still one of the best, if not THE BEST players in the league. he can probably play any position with the exception of pitching and catcher and be above average at it. he's an athelete's athelete.

does everyone not remember that he WANTED to come to boston? he worked his contract so that he could but it was the MLBPA that didn't allow for it. why should be be burned at the stake for wanting to be a bosox?

there are way too many bandwagon lame ass sox fans.

john
    Most dominant pitcher
    They won't win the AL West for the next 3 years, the Angels will definaltly be on top of them.

I'm gonna merge this with the "yankees suck" thread because they're similar topics.

All-Star
    Originally posted by ahhchon@Sep 19 2004, 06:33 PM
    without the yankees it would be such a dull season, we would cruise to win the al east everytime, there will be no more wild card chase, no more division chase, no more rivalry.
    I would like to try this sometime. Maybe that's what heaven is.

All-Star
    Originally posted by mosox+Sep 19 2004, 07:36 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mosox @ Sep 19 2004, 07:36 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ahhchon@Sep 19 2004, 06:33 PM
    without the yankees it would be such a dull season, we would cruise to win the al east everytime, there will be no more wild card chase, no more division chase, no more rivalry.
    I would like to try this sometime. Maybe that&#39;s what heaven is. [/b][/quote]
    :lol: i guess so. i&#39;ve never been a fan of blowing everyone away. i&#39;m all about come from behind victories, being in the bunch till the last minute and breaking away. wouldn&#39;t it be sweet to be down 2 games to none and winning the next 3 games to take the division series? :thumbsup:

john
    Most dominant pitcher

All-Star
    I&#39;ve been following the Sox for so long I would love to see them have a runaway season, then rip through the playoffs, setting up their number 1 starter for each series.
    Back on to the topic I also don&#39;t buy into the "they suck" stuff. Hating them only focuses more attention on them; it&#39;s a waste of time and money. Still, I do hope they lose this week, because they are in first.

Yankees do not suck just take a peak at the standings&#33; :harhar:

Major Leaguer
    Why does everyone have to take the Yankees Suck chant so literally? It doesn&#39;t have to mean that the Yankees are not a good team, for that&#39;s ludicrous given their recent track record. To mean it means, I hate the Yankees in a more rhythmic way. Yankees Suck does sound better than I hate the Yankees.

The chant does add to the rivalry believe it or not. I can tell you I love hearing the chant even at a freakin Padres game. I don&#39;t know why, but it just seems to make the rivalry better. I went to a New York Rangers game once and they cheered when they saw on the scoreboard that the New York Islanders had lost. Neither team is really that good, but the passion is still there, and it makes attending the games more fun.

Finally, the deal with A- Rod is as such:
    1) Yeah he did want to come here and tried hard to get here and I respect that.
    2) However, it is tough to watch a guy (although his decision makes sense) go from a Bud Selig away from playing for your team to suddenly switching alliances to your biggest rival
    3) Finally, now he&#39;s public enemy number three (after Jeter and Sheffield) because of the brawl. Maybe he didn&#39;t deserve the negative feedback earlier in the year, but he certainly deserves it now.

Plus, you guys have the same sentiments towards Pedro, Tek and Manny. IT ALL JUST MAKES THE RIVALRY BETTER

Originally posted by Yankeefan04@Sep 19 2004, 10:57 PM
    That&#39;s what we&#39;re saying, fool.

All-Star
    Originally posted by Yankeefan04@Sep 19 2004, 09:57 PM
    my god, you are dumb. yankee&#39;s don&#39;t suck, yankee fans on the other hand.. some of them are just, well sub par when it comes to iq tests.

john
    Most dominant pitcher

All-Star
    i mean christ almighty are yankee fans so fucking stupid we have add disclaimers to our chants detailing what is sarcastic, what is addressed to them what is addressed to the team, and what is literal.

Um, the have 26 championships, I would venture a guess that a lot of us insult them, chide and say mean things baout because they win.....jealous? absolutely. Envious? always. Bitter? without question.

Glad I am a redsox? every minute of the day...

Yankees suck&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;, you bet they do,.

Originally posted by ahhchon+Sep 20 2004, 10:37 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ahhchon @ Sep 20 2004, 10:37 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Yankeefan04@Sep 19 2004, 09:57 PM
    my god, you are dumb. yankee&#39;s don&#39;t suck, yankee fans on the other hand.. some of them are just, well sub par when it comes to iq tests.

john [/b][/quote]
    Ok John. If you could not tell by the face I was kidding around. Yankee fans are dumb. One of your own was on our Yankee board making jokes about 9/11&#33; Some american huh. I have not been a troll at all and you are flaming me.

Also how do you know someone&#39;s IQ from being a fan. Some smart people act like fool&#39;s as fans. Bad judgement.

Major Leaguer
    ahhchon why are you such a little girl and have to be so literal about everything
    There are only two teams you can root for in baseball, the Red Sox, and whoever is playing the Yankees