Register now to remove this ad

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: Team Picking

Major Leaguer
    2nd time you quit mister
    There are only two teams you can root for in baseball, the Red Sox, and whoever is playing the Yankees

yeah... make up your mind

Damn flipflopper!
    I have no sig. Sue me.

:banned: x 3

you cant ban me... im the man! :P

Originally posted by YanksHater213@Nov 13 2004, 03:39 PM
    you cant ban me... im the man! :P
    Thats for the banstick to decide and you to find out

On the subject of team picking, I believe the following teams became available recently:

Pirates
    Yankees
    Diamondbacks
    Mariners
    Devil Rays
    Angels

Along with a few teams in question:

White Sox
    Dodgers

Let's try to get these teams filled get this league going again! Yes, some of these teams are hurting, but I've taken a look through all of these rosters (breifly) and there's hope for all of these teams with a little creativity and some patience.

The Yankees and DBacks are very good teams, not sure why their owners quit.

The Angels and White Sox both have a very solid core group of players and could be built into contenders without too much difficulty.

The Mariners, DRays, Pirates, and Dodgers would need to be rebuilt, but heck, what have you got to lose here?

I have found this league very enjoyable, and most of the GMs a pleasure to work with. I understand some GMs are frustrated with some teams, but that's no reason to quit!

Let's try to fill the roles of GM/Owners with people who know baseball, like the aspect of setting up a simulation team, and are up to the challenge of working with some of these teams!
    "You can get a good look at a butcher's ass by sticking your head up there, but wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"
    Chris Farley (Tommy Callahan)

Actually me and the Pirates are rejoining, but I want those two Rangers trades rejected.
    Quote Originally Posted by ORS
    I know they will. At some point in your life, you'll grow up and quit pulling stupid shit like this. Then, the world will be a better place. Unfortunately, somebody else will turn 12 and start doing the same thing. It's a vicious cycle.

Originally posted by CrespoBlows@Nov 15 2004, 03:03 PM
    Actually me and the Pirates are rejoining, but I want those two Rangers trades rejected.
    THANK YOU for rejoining, guys.

This league can still be fun despite the Rangers somehow making all these crazy trades.

Crespo, I look forward to fighting your Dbacks for the NL West division title.
    "You can get a good look at a butcher's ass by sticking your head up there, but wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"
    Chris Farley (Tommy Callahan)

great attitude elsrbueno

I'd be fine with either a restart or keeping it as is. Someone needs to make a decision about this.
    I have no sig. Sue me.

I'm taking the Angels unless noone claims them by Thursday.
    Boston Red Sox 2004 World Series Champs.

Fine. I'm taking charge then. Noah can do the simms, but I'll settle the disputes which seem to arise oh so frequently.

1) No restart.
    2) All trades have to be approved by me. I won't go rejecting things like crazy, but I'll take a peek at every completed trade, and if its blatantly unfair, its not happening.
    3) If you have a problem with youkilis rules, dont trade with him. Simple as that.
    4) What I said about complaining still stands.
    5) Soxonfox, you can be the angels.
    6) I'll edit the original post to reflect what is available.

i would certainly like a restart sinix and yeszir traded my best players away.

Originally posted by Soxfan#1@Nov 15 2004, 04:18 PM
    i would certainly like a restart sinix and yeszir traded my best players away.
    I'm this close to spazzing out on you dude. I made good trades with the blue jays. I cut 20+ million in payroll and got some top prospects. Learn to deal and stop bitching.