Register now to remove this ad

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: "Shut Up, Red Sox Nation"

Re: "Shut Up, Red Sox Nation"

Quote Originally Posted by One Red Seat;289232;
    General revenues are split equally 32 ways. Broadcast licensing, merchandising, and advertising go into general revenues. The gate is split 60/40 for home and away. Concessions all go to the home team. Luxury boxes aren't considered part of the gate, so that goes to the home team.
    Hence, the reason why the LA teams moved. Their stadiums did not and would not install luxury boxes.

This is my rifle....

Channel 9 is the CBS affiliate, who along with NBC, Fox, and ESPN are the only networks with a TV deal to carry NFL games. Channel 13 is a UPN channel, I'm guessing that's for preseason coverage, which isn't shared. That said, I'm sure the Raiders 4 meaningless preseason games are a real ratings buster.

EDIT: And the ESPN/Fox/CBS/NBC TV deal is the golden goose of NFL revenues. About 2/3 of the whole pie.

This is my rifle....

Quote Originally Posted by LUGOforMVP;289565;
    Hence, the reason why the LA teams moved. Their stadiums did not and would not install luxury boxes.
    I know, like I said a quite a few posts ago, if the Colesium were outfitted with lux boxes, you still have a team. Hell, you'd have two.

it doesnt cost shit to install luxury boxes
    plus with the new seating licenses paid in advance with the corporate and construction subsidies that follow its really a no brainer
    so much private money from outside the ownership groups are pumped into the funding of these new teams that the only thing needed from the public end is a bit of infrastructure in regards to prefered parking and traffic flow.
    houston is a 3rd world city in a state with no sales tax and they got a team

Major Leaguer

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Crunchy;288500;
    We have 2 of the best college football teams in the country in L.A.

We also have smart citizens who will not allow the gov't to increase our taxes to raise money to build a new stadium when most owners should be begging us to move to L.A. and building a stadium on their own dime.

Why don't you educate yourself on why L.A. doesn't have an NFL team (yet) before writing your shit.

i am fairly educated as to why la doesnt have a team
    its called non support hence the loss of 2 teams to backwater cesspools like oakland and st louis
    imagine losing out to oakland and st louis??
    its like your girl leaving you for the drooling kid with downs syndrome and his little brother with the hockey helmet on
    you blame the govt but the last i read their are more millionaires in socal than the rest of the nation combined

they have the fucking rose bowl and they have the la coliseum each holding more than 30,000 more seats than foxboro holds.
    are construction or demolition permits that hard to come by??

it doesnt take an engineering degree to figure out why they sit empty on sunday
    foxboro was the worst stadium in history when the krafts bought the team on their own dime without a cent of public money going toward infrastructure
    joe robbie built his stadium on time under budget and it didnt cost dade or broward county a nickel
    it can be done
    its been done before and it will be done again

you just need the fans to come back
    and we know that aint happening
    Hey - watch that shit Crunchy - by the way - my ex's boyfriends little brothers helmet is actually a replica Red Sox batting helmet.

good to hear from you bb
    how ya been?
    when was the last time i told you and the yankees to fuck yourselves??

mustve been at least a year ago
    hows are the spinks brothers doing over in americas gateway to the west?

Major Leaguer

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Crunchy;289997;
    good to hear from you bb
    how ya been?
    when was the last time i told you and the yankees to fuck yourselves??

mustve been at least a year ago
    hows are the spinks brothers doing over in americas gateway to the west?
    Doing good, staying busy. I hear the Spinks boys are opening a dental practice somewhere near the Arch :dunno:

what is that ancient greek saying?
    physician heal thyself ??
    dont fuck with your face??
    i guess leons driving school never took off

good to see you bb

Quote Originally Posted by Rodney Harrison;289315;
    I don't follow the "LA is still part of the Oakland market" argument.
    http://www.the506.com/nflmaps/2007-06-CBS2.html

Major Leaguer

The Chargers have claimed the LA market now, and according to ESPNRadio in Los Angeles, that was a major factor in choosing to broadcast the SD/OAK game and not the NE/DAL game.
    Gil Hodges for the HOF

Fenway Resident

Well obviosuly in LA they are going to broadcast a game of 2 southern california teams over the pats/boys game. Its only right to the hometown fans
    "See what you have to ask yourself is what kind of person are you? Are you the kind that sees signs, sees miracles? Or do you believe that people just get lucky? Or, look at the question this way: Is it possible that there are no coincidences?"

Major Leaguer

Oakland isn't "Southern California."

Sorry, I just had to point it out.
    Gil Hodges for the HOF

we have 8 franchises in the distance between la and oakland here in the east
    theres also 70m more people in that area but still