Thread: 2007 College FB

Re: 2007 College FB

Thanks for the stellar advice Sean

all of a sudden I'm a Wolverines fan.

most chicks from michigan smell like steamed hot dog water
    nice effort from the sooners last nite

tom
    did you get involved in the bad money line??
    they had ou +340 on the money....i got cornholed badly there

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Crunchy;311623;
    all of a sudden I'm a Wolverines fan.

most chicks from michigan smell like steamed hot dog water
    nice effort from the sooners last nite

tom
    did you get involved in the bad money line??
    they had ou +340 on the money....i got cornholed badly there
    I'm like King Midas' evil, bizarro twin where everything I touch turns to tin foil. I've
    dropped almost a grand in profit in the last two weeks.

I moved the Pats to -7 and that killed me (i was cursing that last second touchdown)

I moved OU to -2 and that hurt a little, but nothing like last week's debacle.

The Patriots have single handedly destroyed my winnings this year. Every time they've failed to cover I've either had them straight or teased, and I haven't won on them straight all year.

Bob Stoops is a fucking retard. 2 drives in a row WVU goes 3 and out, OU scored and cuts it to 5, he not only goes for two with almost half a game left, but then he onsides kicks?

Your offense is finally clicking
    Your defense is now shutting them down

WHY?

That was the end of the game in my opinion.

stoops maybe the most overrated coach in the country
    for all his success the last 3 bowl games hes giving up 50points per game
    how do you get outcoached by a team who didnt have a coach?
    fuckhim

last nites game was another coaching mismatch
    we have the va tech hokies who ran the ball very well against the nations #1 rush defense in bc and last nite their white qb sean glennon was feeding the j hawks secondary as if he were playing for them
    frank beamer resents offense and usually coaches accordingly
    last nite he opens it up and got his ass handed to him
    ku's wideouts were very effective in finding the soft spots in the zones and neutralized va techs athletic advantages,especially in the speed department

great win for ku and that fat dago coach has a fan over here.
    great win for ku

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3185000

ACC Commissioner John Swofford and SEC Commissioner Mike Slive said Monday morning at an annual meeting of the Football Writers Association of America that they believe a "plus-one" format would have to be seeded.

The other possibility of the "plus-one" was considered to be playing an extra game after the BCS title game.

Each commissioner also stated that the SEC, ACC, Big East and Big 12 are open to discussing the "plus-one" format. The Big Ten and Pac-10 have been opposed to it.

Swofford, who is the incoming BCS chair, said the nature of the 2007 season and its weekly upheaval has motivated his presidents and athletic directors to reconsider a plus-one model.

"A lot of people look at it and say ... maybe it would be better if more than two teams had the opportunity to play for the national championship," Swofford said.

"There's a comfort level with what we're doing today," Swofford added. "In our conference, there's much more open-mindedness about the plus-one than there was two years ago. There's an interest in it ... and a willingness to discuss it in full."

Slive, the outgoing BCS chair, said one focal point of discussion will be discerning whether the 2007 season and its parity is an anomaly or "the beginning of something bigger."

"It's a little bit like turning a big battleship," Swofford said.

Further discussion will take place at meetings of the commissioners in Miami in April.

Swofford acknowledged a meeting of No. 1 vs. No. 4 and No. 2 vs. No. 3 in a Final Four of football could still leave out a team with a participation argument.

Slive acknowledged "logistics" and multiple television agreements will take efforts to work through for the possible format to become a reality. Two years remain in the current BCS contract with Fox Sports.

No changes are expected before the 2010 season

Anybody shocked that the two dissenting voices are the Big 10 and Pac 10?

After all, who comes into bowl season more overrated every year? Who plays the easier schedule every year? Who gets an almost automatic bid to the Rose bowl every year?

I hope OSU gets BURIED tonight....

Shit, LSU won the BCS.
    Treasurer of the Julio Lugo Fan Club

lsu was the best team i saw this year without a doubt
    they beat 3rd ranked va tech by 45
    they beat ohio state badly and it couldve actually been worse
    if there were a playoff format im convinced they win that scenario as well
    they had lots of balance on both sides of the ball and once again the midwest teams just cant keep up with the southern kids down field
    all man coverage and ohio had no answers
    congrats to the tigers
    they earned it

Va Tech was very overrated. Look at their schedule and point to big wins. Please don't tell me BC because they are another team who beat nobody.
    Ohio State falls into the same group, with a little more quality on their schedule.

They might as well have named the SEC the American League and lumped every other division together and called it the NL.

This system is such a fucking joke.

it is what it is
    would you have prefered hawaii in there?

usc beat nobody and lost to stanford for gods sake...
    why are they felling shafted?
    georgia should shut the fuck up,theyve won 1 big game in 10 years and it was against hawaii..
    everyone wants a playoff but the big 10 and pac 10 officials
    id like to see college football year round myself but theyre student athletes so its essential they get back to class.

as far as bc beating nobody?
    they beat clemson gtech and va tech on the road
    nobody in the acc will do this next year it may not happen in 5 years even 10
    i dont think many teams can match that kind of success and i will agree with you in saying va tech was overrated,very overrated and bc was too for the most part.
    you cant make apple pie with lemons
    it is what it is.
    what about oklahoma losing to west va who lost their coach the same week?
    or worse,what about west va losing to pitt as a 30 point favorite that nite?.
    some teams peak at the end of the year

michigan looked as good as anyone new years day,they beat up florida.
    the illini blow dogs,milford high beats them by 2tds but they beat ohio st so they get the rose bowl....
    i can make a case for 20 teams that could qualify for a playoff format this season
    where do we draw the line there?
    is georgia supposed to supplant tennesee as a candidate?
    should hawaii been there at all despite having 12 wins?

i dont know what the bitching is about
    if youve been watching over the years you come to grips with the imperfections that coincide with the bcs,some team feels shafted most every year but the fact is if we picked a team in august and a team in january then lsuwouldve been the pick then and now...
    maybe usc would get a nod or 2 but lsu looked like the best team i saw all year.
    how many losses would usc have in the sec?

it was a great year for college football
    seems like every top 25 team in the nation along with each league had a taste of top 3 rankings at 1 time or another and the upsets just kept a coming...
    i love college football despite its obvious flaws,i already miss waking up to corso herbstreit and fowler on saturday mornings and the ensuing 12-15 hours of action that follow..

god help me i do love this game and it wont matter to me if they scrap the bowls for a playoff format or not...if theres a game on im watching.