Register now to remove this ad

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Who is the MVP of the 2007 Red Sox?

Re: Who is the MVP of the 2007 Red Sox?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Crunchy;293192;
    last year he tailed way off
    this year too.

maybe if he was more aggressive at the plate he would have better power#s because this man takes more called strike 3s than the little girls who piss themselves playing softball in 2nd grade...and then the whining and the crying and the outrage and the temerity of these guys to call him out....

kevin youkilis is pushing his maximum potential and i am not questioning his tuffness or commitment....
    only his talent

Youk reminds me of Daubach a bit...solid start...then the slide.
    That said, Youk has more overall talent...but not as much as he apparently thinks he has.
    He comes up with bases juiced last night, me and my kid both predicted "check swing, caught looking" and he didn't dissapoint.
    The fkn check swing stuff is starting to piss me off...pay attention folks, he does it more than anyone I can remember recently. And that tells me he is overmatched.

I like Youk, don't get me wrong. But I too am growing tired of his act.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by das11209;293195;
    but he still gives his 110.5% and he has dirt in his hat and he gives those looks to the umpire when he strikes out.

Sorry - could not resist a kilo impression.
    You do know that Kilo is mocking people when he posts that, right? I can't tell if you think he's serious or not from your post.

All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by schillingouttheks;293224;
    You do know that Kilo is mocking people when he posts that, right? I can't tell if you think he's serious or not from your post.
    I understand that - he is hillarious.

Vtek since the break is hitting 226 and is striking out every 2.95 AB , just awfull

youk is at 232 since the break and he is striking out alot too at every 3.5 AB

can drew play first base? cause at this point the lineup i would like to see in the post season is

pedroia
    ellsbury
    ortiz
    manny
    drew
    lowell
    crisp
    vtek
    lugo

Oh and ortiz is definately the MVP of this team , he leads the major in OPS at 1059 . i find it hilarious that writters and broadcasters are saying that ortiz is having an off year . fuck id take his current numbers for the next 5 years no problem

Banned

Youk has too much motion in his swing. He is extremely vulnerable to change of pace.

I think Lowell is your MVP. Gold glove defense, picked up protecting Ortiz, great overall numbers. Without Lowell in the lineup, Ortiz would have been walked all season. Remember who's been protecting Lowell all year. Drew. Big difference fellas.
    "Every year, the infielders move a step back because you have lost some speed, and the outfielders move in a step because you have lost some of your power. When they can shake hands, you're finished."

Deity

Quote Originally Posted by redsoxrules;293226;
    Vtek since the break is hitting 226 and is striking out every 2.95 AB , just awfull

youk is at 232 since the break and he is striking out alot too at every 3.5 AB

can drew play first base? cause at this point the lineup i would like to see in the post season is

pedroia
    ellsbury
    ortiz
    manny
    drew
    lowell
    crisp
    vtek
    lugo

Oh and ortiz is definately the MVP of this team , he leads the major in OPS at 1059 . i find it hilarious that writters and broadcasters are saying that ortiz is having an off year . fuck id take his current numbers for the next 5 years no problem
    I wouldn't bet on Drew playing first in the playoffs.

Ortiz is probably the choice, but it's not a "definite" by any means. You have to factor in Lowell's defense.

Quote Originally Posted by TheKilo;293230;
    I wouldn't bet on Drew playing first in the playoffs.
    i'm not , i was just saying ......

Quote Originally Posted by TheKilo;293230;
    Ortiz is probably the choice, but it's not a "definite" by any means. You have to factor in Lowell's defense.

lowell is definately a close second , I had them co-MVP a month or so ago but with the recent play of ortiz I put him on top fop this team

gold bottles

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by .406;293473;

Yeah, let's continue to rag on the guy who's been one of the biggest pieces, behind Ortiz, to the Sox' success in September. Let's also continue to beat a dead horse.

Ridiculous. Only in Boston will fans find time to focus on the biggest disappointment of the year on the best team in baseball.

Fenway Resident

Seriously... Drew is one of the best hitters for the Sox

I loved hearing at the game last night is that a new chant is starting up. As is it is with Youkilis, Yooooouk. Each time Drew had an AB, catch, the fucking homerun , I would be hearing Drewwww

The 2007 Sox MVP well thats Mr. Mike Lowell
    "See what you have to ask yourself is what kind of person are you? Are you the kind that sees signs, sees miracles? Or do you believe that people just get lucky? Or, look at the question this way: Is it possible that there are no coincidences?"

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by riverside sluggers;293510;
    I loved hearing at the game last night is that a new chant is starting up. As is it is with Youkilis, Yooooouk. Each time Drew had an AB, catch, the fucking homerun , I would be hearing Drewwww
    It's too bad that there's even the possibility of him confusing "Drewwww" with the boos from the idiots who would boo him earlier in the year.

if jd drew hits 359 in october as he did in sept all the misery will be forgotten
    if he goes into a slide or limps off the field with a strained uterus then they will crucify his ass
    i think hes coming on and it appears that he was actually having fun this weekend

mike lowell