Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: An Open Challenge to Gom: Survivor Style

Banned

Re: An Open Challenge to Gom: Survivor Style

Quote Originally Posted by He Hate Me;291810;
    Gom's contention is that they wouldn't find him as annoying if the Sox were still up 10 games. A point which I agree with somewhat. I'm pretty sure Gom is well aware of that which is why he's noticeably turned up the needling since the All Star break.
    Who me? Turn up the needling as my team gets closer. I would never do such a thing. :harhar:
    Quote Originally Posted by See Red;291811;
    Noone but it seems a little odd that your life only draws you away from us when the Yankees are struggling, no? Don't you have friends when things are going well for the Yankees?
    In all seriousness, my father, who retired and now lives in Egypt, has come back in October every season since he moved to watch the playoffs. I buy him season tickets every year so he can go see the games at the stadium in October. He's getting up there in years, his health isn't that great, so I try to go out and see him when I can. Considering that my industry slows down in the winter, and that I work for myself, I am definitely going, just not sure when. Either November or January. I like Christmas in New York.
    "Every year, the infielders move a step back because you have lost some speed, and the outfielders move in a step because you have lost some of your power. When they can shake hands, you're finished."

Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Gom;291809;
    If you guys win, I'll be here. Actually...wait a sec...I think I'm going to Egypt in November for three weeks....who do I have to check with here to make sure that it's ok to have a life outside of TalkSox.
    Having a life is one thing, bailing before you an eat crow every time is another.

If you win, I'll tip my cap to your team and your fan base. I know you won't.

But if we win.....all hell will break loose.
    This conversation took place last night in the ALE watch thread...

Quote Originally Posted by schillingouttheks;291683;
    Look, if it happens, the one thing I beg of you is this: Please don't go crazy on our faces. We'll be hurting, and we're also going to need to deal with a bunch of idiots that decide to join the board just to boast about it. It's going to be annoying as hell.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheKilo;291686;
    Fuck that. They reserve the right to be as obnoxious as they want.

Like Steinbrenner said after game 7 in '04, "Keep the lights on and let them celebrate. They deserve it."
    Yep I don't give the Yanks credit at all.

Deity

Quote Originally Posted by See Red;291815;
    It's not that he turns up the needle when things are going well for the Yankees, it's that he's actually here to needle us when things are going well for the Yankees.

I will admit it's pretty classy of the Yankees organization to try their hardest to maintain the fact that their streaks and struggles fit around Gom's schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by See Red;291815;
    It's not that he turns up the needle when things are going well for the Yankees, it's that he's actually here to needle us when things are going well for the Yankees.

I will admit it's pretty classy of the Yankees organization to try their hardest to maintain the fact that their streaks and struggles fit around Gom's schedule.
    Haha lol.

Banned

The IQ keeps dropping....so...lets see...if I leave in November, and the Yankees don't win the World Series, and your Sox do, you'll have a few weeks to grill me.

BUT WAIT!!!

What if leave in January??? Oh, I must run and hide because of the latest TREMENDOUS FREE AGENT SIGNING THE SOX HAVE MADE...and I wasn't here to catch grief.

Did your parents have any children that lived, Kilo?

I won't leave until after the playoffs are over by about two weeks at the earliest. If you win the WS, you'll have plenty of time to get your shots in. If we win, I'll cram a season's worth of ribbing in those two weeks.

P.S. At what point did I say you didn't give us credit Kilo?
    "Every year, the infielders move a step back because you have lost some speed, and the outfielders move in a step because you have lost some of your power. When they can shake hands, you're finished."

Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Gom;291841;
    The IQ keeps dropping....so...lets see...if I leave in November, and the Yankees don't win the World Series, and your Sox do, you'll have a few weeks to grill me.

BUT WAIT!!!

What if leave in January??? Oh, I must run and hide because of the latest TREMENDOUS FREE AGENT SIGNING THE SOX HAVE MADE...and I wasn't here to catch grief.

Did your parents have any children that lived, Kilo?

I won't leave until after the playoffs are over by about two weeks at the earliest. If you win the WS, you'll have plenty of time to get your shots in. If we win, I'll cram a season's worth of ribbing in those two weeks.

P.S. At what point did I say you didn't give us credit Kilo?
    No Gom, my parents don't have any kids that lived.

As for not giving credit, it would be from the phrase "If you win, I'll tip my cap to your team and your fan base. I know you won't.''

Quote Originally Posted by TheKilo;291843;

As for not giving credit, it would be from the phrase "If you win, I'll tip my cap to your team and your fan base. I know you won't.''
    Kilo, you have to change your avatar lol. Even though it's making fun of Jeter, I see it and think you're a Yankee fan because it's Jeter. Put the Pats one back.

Deity

Quote Originally Posted by yankees228;291845;
    Kilo, you have to change your avatar lol. Even though it's making fun of Jeter, I see it and think you're a Yankee fan because it's Jeter. Put the Pats one back.
    Haha, I want to use another one instead.

But the filesize is too big.

Super Moderator

That Beckett avatar is priceless. :lol:

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TheKilo;291843;

I see that...fair enough.

I just hope you'll be here to catch grief after your team gets swept out of the first round.

You know what would suck? If we both got swept out of the first round.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Gom;291855;
    You know what would suck? If we both got swept out of the first round.
    :lol: Well then, we'd all just have to shake hands. That would be SO anti-climatic.

Banned

Fuck. Now that I raised that possibility, I can't get it out of my head. Dammit.

Super Moderator

lol. You pretty much completely crushed this subject.

Legend

Both teams being swept would give birth to an interesting conundrum for our buddy Gom... does he stay, needle the masses, and poke fun at the Red Sox inability to advance or does he, as per usual, flee when faced with the Yankees' failures?
    ""There are no asterisks in this life, only scoreboards... and ours is currently reading 'fucked'." -- Ari Gold, Entourage

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by See Red;291861;
    Both teams being swept would give birth to an interesting conundrum for our buddy Gom... does he stay, needle the masses, and poke fun at the Red Sox inability to advance or does he, as per usual, flee when faced with the Yankees' failures?
    Can I sit on the fence? You know...come back for a few days, launch a few barbs, then disappear? That would suck. Dammit...now I'm convinced we're both getting swept in the first round. Shit. I hate you all. :thumbdown