Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: An Open Challenge to Gom: Survivor Style

Deity

An Open Challenge to Gom: Survivor Style

Now that we both agree that we're both idiots, and completely incapable of taking the high road on matters and only attack ourselves personally, why not make this a little more interesting?

Allow those who post with us to "vote" one of us off for the remainder of the season (including playoffs).

I've done my best to alienate a lot of folks here. I've made threads, called people out, and made people upset as a result.

You're just a troll who gets his kicks and then runs away.

SO how 'bout it? Person with the most votes by the end of the season is out for the playoffs? Of course, you'll probably just say "It's not fair, this is a Sox board" and decline, and that's perfectly fine. It will just be a clear indication to me you know your reputation precedes you. And it's not like it's a permanent ban anyways.

So how 'bout it, Gom?

Super Moderator

Re: An Open Challenge to Gom: Survivor Style

lol. This is the type of thing I had hoped to see with adam, zack, etc.

This is my rifle....

I wonder if Gom's super-secret PM army will reveal itself for their hero?

Deity

Quote Originally Posted by One Red Seat;291768;
    I wonder if Gom's super-secret PM army will reveal itself for their hero?
    I know I'm concerned about it.

SOTK - I'm just tired of his act. I figure any reprieve is worth it, whether it be if I go or he goes.

If the Sox win on their own, he'd leave by himself. But I can't count on them right now.

Ummm, I vote against doing this.

Legend

I vote Gom goes.
    ""There are no asterisks in this life, only scoreboards... and ours is currently reading 'fucked'." -- Ari Gold, Entourage

Deity

Banned

I would never leave by myself. I would stay here and take my lumps. I intend to give you your lumps.

As for the challenge, I'll pass. Like you said, it's a Sox board, and I am positive I've pissed off more people than you.

Agree to the challenge, and miss out on the whole post-season ribbing I plan to give you after you get knocked out in the first round? That, my friend, is priceless.

I wonder if you would have made this challenge if you thought you Sox could go anywhere in the playoffs. Wouldn't you want me around while your Sox win their second championship in four years?
    "Every year, the infielders move a step back because you have lost some speed, and the outfielders move in a step because you have lost some of your power. When they can shake hands, you're finished."

Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Gom;291793;
    I would never leave by myself. I would stay here and take my lumps. I intend to give you your lumps.

As for the challenge, I'll pass. Like you said, it's a Sox board, and I am positive I've pissed off more people than you.

Agree to the challenge, and miss out on the whole post-season ribbing I plan to give you after you get knocked out in the first round? That, my friend, is priceless.

I wonder if you would have made this challenge if you thought you Sox could go anywhere in the playoffs. Wouldn't you want me around while your Sox win their second championship in four years?
    I was making light of your "take the high road" posturing you did in the other thread.

Besides, if the Sox win you'll be nowehere near this board anyways so it's a moot point.

I don't think this thread has anything to do with the Red Sox winning or loses, Gom.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TheKilo;291795;
    I was making light of your "take the high road" posturing you did in the other thread.

Besides, if the Sox win you'll be nowehere near this board anyways so it's a moot point.
    If you guys win, I'll be here. Actually...wait a sec...I think I'm going to Egypt in November for three weeks....who do I have to check with here to make sure that it's ok to have a life outside of TalkSox.

If you win, I'll tip my cap to your team and your fan base. I know you won't.

But if we win.....all hell will break loose.
    "Every year, the infielders move a step back because you have lost some speed, and the outfielders move in a step because you have lost some of your power. When they can shake hands, you're finished."

Power, Pride, Pinstripes

Quote Originally Posted by yankees228;291804;
    I don't think this thread has anything to do with the Red Sox winning or loses, Gom.
    Gom's contention is that they wouldn't find him as annoying if the Sox were still up 10 games. A point which I agree with somewhat. I'm pretty sure Gom is well aware of that which is why he's noticeably turned up the needling since the All Star break.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Gom;291809;
    If you guys win, I'll be here. Actually...wait a sec...I think I'm going to Egypt in November for three weeks....who do I have to check with here to make sure that it's ok to have a life outside of TalkSox.
    Noone but it seems a little odd that your life only draws you away from us when the Yankees are struggling, no? Don't you have friends when things are going well for the Yankees?
    ""There are no asterisks in this life, only scoreboards... and ours is currently reading 'fucked'." -- Ari Gold, Entourage

Quote Originally Posted by He Hate Me;291810;
    Gom's contention is that they wouldn't find him as annoying if the Sox were still up 10 games. A point which I agree with somewhat. I'm pretty sure Gom is well aware of that which is why he's noticeably turned up the needling since the All Star break.
    True, but I was referring to Gom's comment on what Kilo things the Sox will do in the playoffs, and about that influencing this thread.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by He Hate Me;291810;
    It's not that he turns up the needle when things are going well for the Yankees, it's that he's actually here to needle us when things are going well for the Yankees.

I will admit it's pretty classy of the Yankees organization to try their hardest to maintain the fact that their streaks and struggles fit around Gom's schedule.