Register now to remove this ad

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: 10/5 @ Cleveland: Jacko's Revenge

Legend

Re: 10/5 @ Cleveland: Jacko's Revenge

Pure class from the Yankee captain. It's a good thing the Indians didn't have to deal with the bugs too...
    ""There are no asterisks in this life, only scoreboards... and ours is currently reading 'fucked'." -- Ari Gold, Entourage

Until I read that quote, I though the Yanks still had a shot to at least take this series to 5 games, but I am changing my opinion. If Captain Intangibles has been reduced to whining, it's over.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Legend

Is it possible that A-Rod is going to get booed in Yankee Stadium at some point in the next game?
    ""There are no asterisks in this life, only scoreboards... and ours is currently reading 'fucked'." -- Ari Gold, Entourage

Quote Originally Posted by See Red;294807;
    Is it possible that A-Rod is going to get booed in Yankee Stadium at some point in the next game?
    If he opts out, it will be because of the shoddy treatment of the yankee fans. They booed Winfield and drove him out of town too. Isn't that right, Gom?

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

"Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter;294678;
    Clemens deserves more respect than this. He deserves to be referred to as a HOF Whore.
    WhOF, Whore of Famer.
    Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they hide is crucial. Aaron Levenstein

If the Yanks lose and Rod doesn't get a hit, do you think he'll come back?

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Coco's Disciples;294818;
    If the Yanks lose and Rod doesn't get a hit, do you think he'll come back?
    No sir I do not. Especially since I think if he doesn't get a hit he'll hear be hearing some boos.

Deity

Quote Originally Posted by yankees228;294614;
    Really rough game. The only thing that bothers me from a managerial standpoint is the way Torre managed the 8th. I think it was pretty clear from the first batter on that Joba was having a lot of trouble dealing with the bugs (before everyone gets all over me, I'm not using it as an excuse, it's Joba's fault he couldn't deal with the bugs), so Mo should have been in the game at some point before it was tied.
    Maybe, but Joba got two outs before the run scored...can you really fault Torre for leaving Joba in (who's been a beast down the stretch) to get one last out?

Deity

BTW I'm thoroughly disappointed this thread got more posts.

Quote Originally Posted by TheKilo;294885;
    BTW I'm thoroughly disappointed this thread got more posts.

Did they have dinner later?

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter;294886;
    Did they have dinner later?
    No, A-Rod made Jeter come home right after the game.
    Treasurer of the Julio Lugo Fan Club