Register now to remove this ad

Thread: 2 more INTL signings for Yankees

2 more INTL signings for Yankees

Howard Garce- 22yrs old from the Dominican, was throwing 98-99mph in tryouts. Has an okay curveball, but is extremely crude right now. Could be something good. Was a low money sign due to age, but a 6'3" guy throwing 98 without proper mechanics or coaching is a pitching coach's dream. Imagine what this kid could do if he gets it all together.

Raymond Nunez- 17 yr old 1b. 6'2 210lbs, grades out as a 75 on the power scale with good defensive ability right now. Big money sign, IE >100K. Could come to the states for ST and might stay stateside this yr depending on how he produces.
    Hal sucks

Evil Emperor

Re: 2 more INTL signings for Yankees

Any more info on Garce? What the hell has he been doing the past few years. With that alleged velocity, you would think he would have been signed much sooner than age 22. I'm anxious to see how he, in particular progresses over the next few years. I would assume that both players will be in the DSL this summer, but it wouldn't surprise me if Garce does well in the Dominican Summer League to come to the states to finish out the seaosn with one of the affiliates. Gotta read up on him a little more.