Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Yahoo Baseball PLUS 2008

Evil Emperor

Re: Yahoo Baseball PLUS 2008

I wouldn't mind participating. Granted, in the past I wouldn't always be as consistent with it as I should, but a big part of that the leagues were never very competitive or serious. This looks to be both, so if I am involved, active participation wouldn't be a problem. Besides, what the hell else is there to do online anymore these days? Seems like I sit down in front of a computer, and unless I'm doing something for school I'm getting up 15-20 minutes later bored.

Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Cityofchampions33;314004;
    in as the Kings of Swing, and while I wouldn't mind adding more people, I prefer the 12 team league limit, if there's more maybe make 1 AL league and 1 NL league?
    I like the 16 team idea because it increases the level of baseball acumen to draft well, like ORS said.

The league should stay as is, IMO.

Sorry for the delay, flu through the whole family. I am in as ' Average Joe's ' and I am with Kilo (nice team name by the way) for keeping it the way it is at 16.

my $.02
    The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' --Ronald Reagan

This is my rifle....

Here's who is who.

Now let's talk draft and settings. Right now, the draft is set for Thursday 3/20 at 8:00 pm. Does anyone have issues with that time/day? If so, don't just say it's a problem let us know what day of the week is typically good for your schedule. I'm able to start the draft any day of the week between 6-9 pm, and pretty much all day weekends. Let us know of any scheduling conflicts now. A scheduling conflict is you can't be at your computer, not you don't want to miss Lost.

As for settings, I think we should go 5x5, but with some tweaks. Ditch BA for OBP. Ditch HR for Total Bases. On the pitching side, up the min innings from 7 to 20 - to preclude from going all closers, change Saves to Net Saves - to make people think twice about using closers like Jones, and dump Wins for Quality Starts.

The scoring would then be based on:

Offense - Runs, RBI, TB, OBP, SB
    Pitching - QS, NetSV, K, ERA, WHIP (min 20 innings)

I think these minor tweaks still give value to the traditional categories - HR hitters do well in TB, BA hitters do well in OBP (at least relative to average) - while recognizing value that the standard categories ignore - a single is just as valuable as a 2B or 3B with standard stats, walks ignored, pitcher getting the win is only 50% in his control.

Thoughts?

I like it, it's extremely unique and gives a new challege and dimension to fantasy baseball. Keep those categories, I think they're great.

I have a concern with the 8pm start time that Thursday. Would it be possible to either move it as early as possible that day (6pm?) or potentially postpone it until that Sunday.

The earlier in the evening for you guys, the better it is for me. I can essentially do any day at 6 pm EST, since I'm 6 hours ahead here.

This is my rifle....

Good point, and I think we should find a way to accomodate that. I'm OK with 6 pm on a weekday, or otherwise on the weekend.

Personally, I think a weekend is best. We have up until Sunday, March 23. I think we should shoot for the weekend of the 15th / 16th or 22nd / 23rd. Any time of the day is good for me.

What say you, Talksox?

Evil Emperor

All of that sounds good.

My son and I are available any time after six week days and anytime weekends.

For weekdays: any time after 6ish
    For weekends: between 11am and 5pm

Why don't we pick a date and see if all can make it ? How about :

Thursday 20 March @ 6:30 PM EST.

This time is ok :

SFOC
    Son of SFOC
    Coco's Disciples

Works for me.

Evil Emperor

thats fine

Banned

I'm ok with it. No Friday's though. Dem's my drinkin/whorin days.
    "Every year, the infielders move a step back because you have lost some speed, and the outfielders move in a step because you have lost some of your power. When they can shake hands, you're finished."

Deity

Can we push it to 7:30? I work til 5:30, and its an hour commute.