Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Yahoo Baseball PLUS 2008

This is my rifle....

Yahoo Baseball PLUS 2008

The invites to the premium league are out. Right now the settings are default, and the draft is set for Thurs 3/20/08 at 8:00 pm, but everything is adjustable. The 12 members are as follows:

1. Me
    2. SFoC
    3. SFoC's son
    4. TheKilo
    5. schillingouttheks
    6. CrespoBlows
    7. a700hitter
    8. mtbyker
    9. CityofChampions33
    10. Coco's Disciples
    11. YanksHater213
    12. Jacksonianmarch

I'm sure others would like to participate, and they can if we want to expand the number of teams to 16. I'm personally in favor of this. It does two things. One, as mentioned, it gets more people involved. Two, it tests your baseball accumen a little more with less opportunity to stockpile.

So, those interested, state your interest here. Those who have been invited and are going to join, please throw in your $0.02.

Once we get the total number set, we can start discussing other matters, like if this is going to be for money (there is already $75 in the prize pool thanks to Kilo), draft date, scoring categories, etc.

That is all.

Oh, and if we are going to expand, please list those you would like to see join based on your own opinion of their baseball knowledge and likelihood of consistent participation (big one for me).

I'm hoping See Red, example1, JayHawkBill, and Gom are interested.

Re: Yahoo Baseball PLUS 2008

My son and I are signed up.

Deity

I'm guilty of ragging on the guy myself, but I'd really like to see Thumper get a shot because I think he'd participate.

Thanks for including me. I have my fantasy binder ready to go for the 4 leagues I'm in

Deity

I am Jeters Never Prosper.

I vote changing the draft time to the night before, 3/19.

Super Moderator

Blah, I'm gunna have to find a way to get to a computer if it's going to be the week of the 17th. I'm going to be in Florida for that week and the following week.

I'll probably be able to though. I don't mind changing it to 16 teams, except that the draft is going to be WICKED long.

Super Moderator

Oh, and I'm "Ells' Bells".

Most dates are good for me for the draft. I prefer the time to be no later than 10 PM, since it'll last for a while probably, unless its on a weekend

Draft time isn't a problem, for my son or me. My son Pete is Big Pappi's CC and I'm the Cape Crusaders.

If possible I would like to participate. I have no classes on Fridays so a 2 am draft time works for me!

This is my rifle....

The Admin is in. Invite sent, yeszir.

I modified three default settings. We are up to 16 teams now, with 13 spots out for invitation. Nine have registered, and there are 3 at large spots. I changed the Can't Cut List from "Yahoo" to "None", and I changed the trade review from "Yahoo" to "League Vote".

Thanks, ORS.

This is my rifle....

Thank, SFoC, for doing the Super Bowl grid, and Kilo for donating his winnings to make this happen. Admittedly, I was going to do this regardless, but the credit goes to them now. And, you're welcome.

Thanks SFoC and Kilo too, haha definitely under the radar on this one. Extremely appreciative right here. I've always had problems staying committed to baseball leagues because of the length of the season, but all you guys look pretty serious about this, and I'm gonna do my best to be 100% active, and kick all your asses too :lol:

in as the Kings of Swing, and while I wouldn't mind adding more people, I prefer the 12 team league limit, if there's more maybe make 1 AL league and 1 NL league?