Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Talk Sox league?

New Talk Sox league?

We could do an actual league with all the teams, an adapted league with fewer teams and a fantasy draft, or a totally new league with fake players. We could adapt rules like trade deadline, salary cap, etc. We could have meetings of the GM's online to determine rules and such if we decide to have our league be different from the MLB.

Anyone think this would work or gain any interest?

Re: New Talk Sox league?

Are we talking Yahoo Fantasy, or like a sim league? If it's a sim league I'd be interested. More so if we used players from past eras, or an "all time" generation. But standard is okay too.
    Treasurer of the Julio Lugo Fan Club

I think this has already been attempted here, and it failed. Or so I have heard...

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper;314834;
    Are we talking Yahoo Fantasy, or like a sim league? If it's a sim league I'd be interested. More so if we used players from past eras, or an "all time" generation. But standard is okay too.
    Sim leagues are the bane of yeszir's existance. (HA! SEE WHAT I DID THERE?)

They will never exist on this site ever again, to put it quite simply.

A sim league. If nobody wants it or it won't be allowed here then that's fine, but I'd like to try.

Quote Originally Posted by schillingouttheks;314837;
    Sim leagues are the bane of yeszir's existance. (HA! SEE WHAT I DID THERE?)

They will never exist on this site ever again, to put it quite simply.
    OLD SCHOOL REFERENCE!!!!!

And yea, we've tried 2 sim leagues, and it resulted in absolute utter disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by yeszir;314845;
    OLD SCHOOL REFERENCE!!!!!

And yea, we've tried 2 sim leagues, and it resulted in absolute utter disaster.
    Third time's the charm? :dunno:

Banned

I used to run a sim league. It lasted for 6 years until we all got near the end of college. If you all are interested, I have the perfect system and setup. I have the game engine, system, format, everything. I was thinking of starting it up again, and to tell you the truth, I like it 100 times more than fantasy.

Let me know what you'd want to do.
    "Every year, the infielders move a step back because you have lost some speed, and the outfielders move in a step because you have lost some of your power. When they can shake hands, you're finished."

Quote Originally Posted by Gom;314847;
    I used to run a sim league. It lasted for 6 years until we all got near the end of college. If you all are interested, I have the perfect system and setup. I have the game engine, system, format, everything. I was thinking of starting it up again, and to tell you the truth, I like it 100 times more than fantasy.

Let me know what you'd want to do.
    I wouldn't be against it if it was well organized and didnt involve a gaggle of 11 year olds, like both of the last 2 attempts. I could host the necessary webpages on Talksox under a sub-domain I guess.

If its done right, I don't mind it, im not a party pooper. It was just the infestation of people not interested in the site all under the age of 13 that made the other leagues suck.

Maybe just keep it in house

I actually co-ran something like this with DUSTINMOHR4LIFE for a bit. Didn't go far. But our management was pretty awful anyway.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by yeszir;314849;
    I wouldn't be against it if it was well organized and didnt involve a gaggle of 11 year olds, like both of the last 2 attempts. I could host the necessary webpages on Talksox under a sub-domain I guess.

If its done right, I don't mind it, im not a party pooper. It was just the infestation of people not interested in the site all under the age of 13 that made the other leagues suck.
    Like I said. I've done it before, so I can lend any and all help needed. However, I've got a rule. No one under 21, with the exception made if you are a 1000+ poster here at talksox. Other than that, I'm not interested myself.
    "Every year, the infielders move a step back because you have lost some speed, and the outfielders move in a step because you have lost some of your power. When they can shake hands, you're finished."

Quote Originally Posted by Gom;314868;
    Like I said. I've done it before, so I can lend any and all help needed. However, I've got a rule. No one under 21, with the exception made if you are a 1000+ poster here at talksox. Other than that, I'm not interested myself.
    Seems fair enough. I've never done a sim league, but aside from playing, if there's a place where I can help keep it going just let me know.

All-Star

ugh, there was mutiny last time there was a sim league

not to mention that there was cheating, and several owners had no clue what they were doing, resulting in extreme competitive unbalance
    Politically Right Since 1986

Retroware TV
    Follow Me on Twitter!

Make sure you use OOTP. Gom which one do you have? I can get whatever program you guys want to use.

I think if we kept a post limit/people have to ask to sign up on it then it would be fun