Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: "Red Sox Nation? What a bunch of %$@& that is." -- Hank Steinbrenner

Legend

"Red Sox Nation? What a bunch of %$@& that is." -- Hank Steinbrenner

For his part, Hank betrays no worry about the competition in the American League, whether it’s the Cleveland Indians, who eliminated the Yankees last year; the Detroit Tigers, who added Miguel Cabrera and Dontrelle Willis this winter; or, above all, the Red Sox, who have not only won the World Series twice in the last four years but are arguably becoming a national phenomenon. “Red Sox Nation?” Hank says. “What a bunch of [expletive] that is. That was a creation of the Red Sox and ESPN, which is filled with Red Sox fans. Go anywhere in America and you won’t see Red Sox hats and jackets, you’ll see Yankee hats and jackets. This is a Yankee country. We’re going to put the Yankees back on top and restore the universe to order.” - Hank Steinbrenner
    The New York Times - Play Magazine

Click to Read the Entire Article

Obviously, mini-Steinbrenner is a retard but I do like the spice he adds to the rivalry and the general resentment of the Yankees

Re: "Red Sox Nation? What a bunch of %$@& that is." -- Hank Steinbrenner

What a moron, the Red Sox have been the supeior organzation for the last 7 years now, and nobody can dispute that.
    "Knicks suck, Jets suck, Yankees suck"

-Peter Griffin, talking to a New Yorker

Power, Pride, Pinstripes

Quote Originally Posted by MANNYHOF24;314933;
    What a moron, the Red Sox have been the supeior organzation for the last 7 years now, and nobody can dispute that.
    neither is Hank.

What a dick though...I would be so ticked off if that came from the zombie who owns the Sox.

This is my rifle....

Then he wouldn't be a "zombie". He be another loudmouth, boorish idiot trying to make everyone think he's his father reincarnate.

I was just about to post this article. Good read.
    When we are born, we cry, that we are come
    To this great stage of fools.

What a jackass.
    I guess he won't be calling into the WEEI radiothon.

Apparently little Steinny hasn't traveled too far from New York City, yet alone Yankee Stadium... He should come down here. You'd be surprised the amount of Red Sox fans that are here. Regardless I'm sure most of them are on the bandwagon, but theres others that I've known since I was a kid.

There's this one bar and grill I frequent, been going there since I was a kid, the owner is a transplanted Bostonian (is that right? Bostonian?) And pretty much made his place's atmosphere around the Red Sox. Autographed pictures, putting games on the tv at the bar, etc. Slowly but surely as the years went by, the fanship grew. And even thought I like seeing fans of Red Sox, I do think the term "Red Sox Nation" is a bit overdone and outdated.
    Treasurer of the Julio Lugo Fan Club

Super Moderator

The teams' recent successes and failures and whether America has more Red Sox fans or Yankees fans is completely irrelevant. Someone should tell Hank that Red Sox Nation refers to the entire body of Red Sox fans that make up the fan base, and not the United States of America. Fucking idiot.

I love the quote. It's arrogant, stupid, and unnecessary.

Awesome.
    9-11-01 FDNYPD We will not forget.
    Just because it's a rivalry doesn't mean you need to make retarded arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by ARod2212;314947;

Awesome.
    Despite the fact that I absolutely hate the man, I also like the quote. Its funny.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by ARod2212;314947;

Awesome.
    lol, well said. He just sounds incredibly idiotic with this. Does he really think that Red Sox Nation actually refers to the USA?

Ah yes, the pink hat brigade... It's fashionable, in Texas, to be a Sox fan. In the DFW area, no one is a real sports fan of any team. All the texans like to jump on whatever bandwagon is most popular. Best example? This is a "football state" or so it's said. Where were the cowboys fans when they sucked??? Believe me, nowhere to be found. They were all Green Bay fans, or Rams fans, or Tampa Bay fans (never Pats fans, thank GOD, I don't want cowgirl fans rooting for my team). It's sickening really. I almost agree with him.

My all time favorite was when I was in a sports bar in Irving watching the Sox and Indians game 1. Of course, I'm from New England. I lived in Prospect, CT and Quincy, MA. I've been to Fenway countless times, I have nothing to prove to anyone. But a guy saw my hat, jersey and tattoo and decided to question me. First, why would you want to pick a fight with a "fellow fan?" He told me how he's been a fan his whole life, and how I probably don't know half the history he knows, and that I probably couldn't even tell him what the pole in right field is called. Of course, it's Pesky's pole. I countered and asked him how it got his name. He said because of the dimensions of the field, the pole is located in a spot where hitting home runs is difficult. I don't understand that logic AT ALL, and can only assume he's of the belief a ball that hits the foul pole is called foul (wrong...). I didn't even have the heart to tell him who Johnny Pesky is, and that the pole is named after him because it was joked (and somewhat proven) that that's the only way he could hit a home run.

Fuck Texas, I hate this state and their fickle fans. Red Sox Nation???? Sure, why not, but fuck the bandwagon fans, I need die hards.
    I'm just a soul whose intentions are good
    Oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood.

All-Star

Haha. I love how he's just feeding fuel to the fire.
    1903,1912,1915,1916,2004,2007 World Series Champions

Love the dig on ESPN too. He is very right on that end.
    Hal sucks

Over/under 2 days for Lucchino to respond?