Register now to remove this ad

Thread: Finally Going to a Sox Game!

Finally Going to a Sox Game!

Well, two actually.

This coming June I'll be going to Houston when they play the Sox in an interleague series.

I'm freakin' pumped. I can finally see the players I've looked up to for so long in person.

I highly doubt it but I hope Curt Schilling is there.

Anyway, this is a real big thing for me, I've already gone out and bought about a half dozen of official MLB balls to be autographed and what not.

All I gotta do now is clean off my Nixon jersey and I'm set!
    Treasurer of the Julio Lugo Fan Club

Evil Emperor

Re: Finally Going to a Sox Game!

well good luck with the autographs....idk about Houston, but I know that can get tough at most parks.

Quote Originally Posted by 26 to 6;314571;
    well good luck with the autographs....idk about Houston, but I know that can get tough at most parks.
    I've been to Minute Maid Park a few times in the past and as far as the Astros go it's easy to get an autograph. Walked near the dugout and called out Carlos Lee's name and showed him I had a ball, he nodded and I tossed it to him with a pen, he signed it and threw it right back.

Not sure how Manny would react though.
    Treasurer of the Julio Lugo Fan Club

I'm going to my first game his summer, too! I got tickets for the Sox in Baltimore... I believe the date is 8/20. I can't wait.

If anyone knows about Oriole Park (i.e. how early to get there for BP, tips on autographs, etc.) I would be grateful.

I'm also planning on trying to see some PawSox games, either at SWB Yankees or the Lehigh Valley IronPigs (Phillies). I tried to get tickets for the Sox - Phillies, but the freakin' Phillies are only offering them as part of a six-pack.
    "All literary men are Red Sox fans - to be a Yankee fan in a literate society is to endanger your life."

- John Cheever

Legend

I've only been to two Sox games, one at Fenway and one in Toronto, and Youk always seems like the friendliest autograph giver when I go. Good luck and enjoy the experience

Well, it's not the same as Fenway, which I was lucky enough to go to countless times while living in New England with my Grandfather... BUT, my little sister is apparently a die hard Sox fan now. I think my mom told her how big a fan my grandfather was, and she followed suit. I'll give her a pass on this one... She turns 16 in October, but girls generally don't know any better when it comes to sports.

I will be attending all 3 Sox games when they play the (st)Rangers this year (as I always do, last year they were in town twice, which was greatness). She will be going with me and my buddies to the Saturday game as an early birthday present. It's really a shame... The first Sox game should ALWAYS be in Fenway. Fenway is magical. I have to tell the truth, the Ballpark in Arlington is much NICER, but that's to be expected when comparing a 1990s stadium to a 1912 stadium. But Fenway is absolutely MAGICAL!!! Just the Green Monstah is worth the trip by it's self.

I ask for forgiveness from fellow Sox fans. I have let my little sister down due to a limited budget, and she will have to see the Sox for the first time in an inferior setting and an inferior situation (the fans at the ballpark in arlington are a joke, especially if you're going to do something as stupid as comparing them to the fans of Fenway).
    I'm just a soul whose intentions are good
    Oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood.

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper;314572;
    I've been to Minute Maid Park a few times in the past and as far as the Astros go it's easy to get an autograph. Walked near the dugout and called out Carlos Lee's name and showed him I had a ball, he nodded and I tossed it to him with a pen, he signed it and threw it right back.

Not sure how Manny would react though.
    Manny's a pretty sporadic signer. Catch him on a good day and he'll sign for a while. Otherwise, don't even bother.

Quote Originally Posted by soxfan17881;316179;
    I'm going to my first game his summer, too! I got tickets for the Sox in Baltimore... I believe the date is 8/20. I can't wait.

If anyone knows about Oriole Park (i.e. how early to get there for BP, tips on autographs, etc.) I would be grateful.

I'm also planning on trying to see some PawSox games, either at SWB Yankees or the Lehigh Valley IronPigs (Phillies). I tried to get tickets for the Sox - Phillies, but the freakin' Phillies are only offering them as part of a six-pack.
    I got tons of autographs at Camden last year. I find that like 20 minutes before the game when they're in short leftfield running and such, if you stand at the tarp they'll come.

Quote Originally Posted by Coco's Disciples;316210;
    I got tons of autographs at Camden last year. I find that like 20 minutes before the game when they're in short leftfield running and such, if you stand at the tarp they'll come.
    Thank you very much for the tip!
    "All literary men are Red Sox fans - to be a Yankee fan in a literate society is to endanger your life."

- John Cheever

Quote Originally Posted by VandaleIndustries;316182;
    Well, it's not the same as Fenway...
    To be sure. I'm hoping grab tickets (for '09) as soon as they go on sale in January and then plan a trip for the summer.

- John Cheever