Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LEAGUE FILE RELEASED FOR TALKSOXBBL

Banned

LEAGUE FILE RELEASED FOR TALKSOXBBL

Go here:

www.talksoxbbl.com/downloads/talksox.lg.exe

This is a self-extracting file I created for you guys. Should be ridiculously easy. Just click on the talksox.lg.exe and make sure you choose your default OOTP5 directory. For example, on my computer it is: C:\Program Files\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP5

Then load your game, click file, then open, and choose talksox.lg. Congrats, you are now in our league.

If you want the ballpark pictures, go here: http://www.talksoxbbl.com/downloads/.../ballparks.rar

Download these files in the directory ootp5/graphics/

This is not mandatory, but is pleasing aesthetically.

If you want player photos, this is a big download, about 8 megs. You have to manually change the player names. Once again, pleasing, but not in any way necessary. The link is http://www.talksoxbbl/com/downloads/...2007photos.rar
    "Every year, the infielders move a step back because you have lost some speed, and the outfielders move in a step because you have lost some of your power. When they can shake hands, you're finished."

Re: LEAGUE FILE RELEASED FOR TALKSOXBBL

They also need winrar noob.

[code]http://mulinks.com/WinRARv3.71.exe[/code]

Banned

If you don't have winrar by now, you shouldn't be on the internet. LOL!
    "Every year, the infielders move a step back because you have lost some speed, and the outfielders move in a step because you have lost some of your power. When they can shake hands, you're finished."

Hey that's my line.

People should have winrar. It's mad useful when it comes to the best stuff on the net.

Okay, installed the league just fine.

My question now is how will I be able to edit/work on my team? Is there a place where I need to create a password and name, or how is this done, such as to draft players and then edit the line ups and pithcing staffs.
    Treasurer of the Julio Lugo Fan Club

is it completely necessary to download this to participate?

i've been in a few leagues before and no downloading was necessary

Quote Originally Posted by YanksHater213;315527;

Uhhh yeah to get the Talk Sox league info such as other teams, players, etc, you need atleast that first .exe file. That's it.

The rest is optional.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by YanksHater213;315527;

Yes. I simply don't have the time to make your changes for every team. Once you download this and get running, here are the steps for you to do:

1) Download league file
    2) Make your changes
    3) Click one button to export. All automated. Shouldn't take you more than 5 minutes in total. If that.

Most leagues die out due to time committments. From my end, to run the league, takes 10 minutes maximum twice a week. If I had to manually input every file, then it would take me at least 1-2 hours twice a week.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper;315526;
    Okay, installed the league just fine.

My question now is how will I be able to edit/work on my team? Is there a place where I need to create a password and name, or how is this done, such as to draft players and then edit the line ups and pithcing staffs.
    Once you select your team, the fourth pull down menu allows you to do anything you want to do. When you are all done, click on export team to ftp and thats it. I set everything up automatically.

Banned

I'm staying in tonight. If you guys want to IM me at aol/yahoo at sith712, I can run you through the basics. It's really simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Gom;315533;
    Once you select your team, the fourth pull down menu allows you to do anything you want to do. When you are all done, click on export team to ftp and thats it. I set everything up automatically.
    Right, I got that, what I mean is, when we go to draft, okay say we draft on here, when it's time to get my team ready and then say I want to edit a few things in my team, don't I need to use a password of some sort, or can anyone edit anyone's team?

We're going to have to make passwords for each each team otherwise some random guy from somewhere can download the league file and mess up everyones stuff lol.

When you go into your team in the game, there are a whole bunch of choices such as "roster, pitching staff" , etc. And if you go down to "team setup" it normally requires a password to get into there. You set your lineups and everything and then go into team set-up and hit "export lineup to FTP" (i think that's the one?) and then it sends all your changes to GOM.
    Quote Originally Posted by W.B. Mason View Post
    Did someone order...paperclips?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rdsxmbnt;315560;
    We're going to have to make passwords for each each team otherwise some random guy from somewhere can download the league file and mess up everyones stuff lol.

When you go into your team in the game, there are a whole bunch of choices such as "roster, pitching staff" , etc. And if you go down to "team setup" it normally requires a password to get into there. You set your lineups and everything and then go into team set-up and hit "export lineup to FTP" (i think that's the one?) and then it sends all your changes to GOM.
    True. This is necessary, but I have to input the passwords manually. So please send me your passwords via PM.

I am gonna do all this tomorow night. Gom you gonna be around?

This is my rifle....

How does the draft work? I see we are doing it in the chat room, and I tried that out, but I kept getting disconnected. I think that may have something to do with internet security at work. I'll try again at home. Who records the picks in the league, the commish?