Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Billy Crystal signs 1 day deal.

Re: Billy Crystal signs 1 day deal.

This "signing" is pathetic. It's just as fake as teams signing someone to a 1-day contract so they can retire as a member of the organization that they inked a 24-hour deal with. And, ultimately, it means nothing.

This is a stunt a team like the Rays would pull. Not the Yankees.

So...YankeeFan, how does it feel to see this team stoop to a bush league level to get some pub?

Major Leaguer

The only logical reason for this signing is that Crystal has better range than Jeter.
    Quote Originally Posted by bsox0407
    some of cant drink and some wont. i cant drink and wont usually designated driver. plus if you are in the FBI you cant drink period.
    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter
    I withdraw my challenge to all of our members who work for the FBI.

Billy Crystal has done a lot for that organization.

He's actually a pretty good ball player.

Good for him. It's a dream of mine to play one series for my favorite team.

This only confirms a suspicion i've had all along...Billy Crystal is doping.

Quote Originally Posted by 26 to 6;315633;
    Wait so becase in a MOVIE he wore a Mets hat means he's fairweather? It was a movie, the character portrayed isn't supposed to be HIM. I don't know enough about the movie; things like who directed, wrote, produced it, etc. But for all we know he was told to wear it. I'm not much of a Billy Crystal fan, but I know he's been a Yankee fan all his life.

David Ortiz wore a Yankee hat in that ESPN commercial, does that mean he's really a Yankee fan?
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumper
    What if he is? Who's it hurting? Curt Schilling is a Pirates fan. You don't have to like the team you play for, or be a fan of them. Sure it helps to have chemistry but you don't have to be a fan.
    What the fuck?

These points have several fatal flaws, these should have died during your decision making processes.
    Quote Originally Posted by ORS
    I know they will. At some point in your life, you'll grow up and quit pulling stupid shit like this. Then, the world will be a better place. Unfortunately, somebody else will turn 12 and start doing the same thing. It's a vicious cycle.

This is my rifle....

Crystal was the Exec. Producer on the film. That Mets hat is all him. He's a phony, just like your claim to "know" he's a lifelong Yankee fan, 26.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by yankeessuck013;315682;
    This "signing" is pathetic. It's just as fake as teams signing someone to a 1-day contract so they can retire as a member of the organization that they inked a 24-hour deal with. And, ultimately, it means nothing.

This is a stunt a team like the Rays would pull. Not the Yankees.

So...YankeeFan, how does it feel to see this team stoop to a bush league level to get some pub?
    Dude...who cares? It's done in fun. The sanctity of the pinstripes? It's spring training. Lighten up. Relax. Get a blowjob. It's spring training.
    "Every year, the infielders move a step back because you have lost some speed, and the outfielders move in a step because you have lost some of your power. When they can shake hands, you're finished."

Did I mention Billy Crystal throws like a girl?

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Gom;315696;
    Dude...who cares? It's done in fun. The sanctity of the pinstripes? It's spring training. Lighten up. Relax. Get a blowjob. It's spring training.
    my sentiments exactly. this is so far from being something worth getting riled up over. would anyone care if Ben Affleck played an inning for the Sox in ST this year?

Evil Emperor

Quote Originally Posted by One Red Seat;315691 View Post
    Crystal was the Exec. Producer on the film. That Mets hat is all him. He's a phony, just like your claim to "know" he's a lifelong Yankee fan, 26.
    OK my mistake. Like I said I wasn't too familiar with the background of the movie. But still I think you're looking too much into it. And how does knowing that Crystal has been a ifelong Yankee fan make me a phony?

Deity

FYI, I heard on WFAN this morning that the reason Crystal wore a Mets hat for City Slickers was because the Mets helped him out with Comic Relief. Apparently the question was presented to Crystal and he said that was the reason for it and made the point that he wears Yankee stuff in all of his other movies.

26 to 6 is still a shining example of my signature.

Quote Originally Posted by TheKilo;315727;
    FYI, I heard on WFAN this morning that the reason Crystal wore a Mets hat for City Slickers was because the Mets helped him out with Comic Relief. Apparently the question was presented to Crystal and he said that was the reason for it and made the point that he wears Yankee stuff in all of his other movies.

Billy Crystal was Mr. Met back in the late 80's when they were lighting it up...

...and drinking it...

...and snorting it...
    Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they hide is crucial. Aaron Levenstein

billy crystal was the leadoff hitter and he struck out, they only gave him 1 at bat

Quote Originally Posted by redsoxrules;315816;
    billy crystal was the leadoff hitter and he struck out, they only gave him 1 at bat
    Shit, I'm surprised Cashman didn't run out there with a 4yr/$52Mil + 1yr extension deal. :lol:
    Treasurer of the Julio Lugo Fan Club

Evil Emperor

Quote Originally Posted by TheKilo;315727 View Post

Well thank you for shitting on ORS for me.

Oh and btw, go fist yourself, Kilo. You fucking pussy. You're more useless than a single turd floating in a Fenway Park toilet.