Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Melky to the Jays

Re: Melky to the Jays

If we are still writing the same things after the winter meetings then we have a major problem. Until then, hopefully we don't fall further behind division vivals.

There are only 2 ways this ends up. Fabulously, or god awful. Either Melky shows he is for real and the testosterone effects arent going to wear off, or he is going to suck massively and be a waste of a contract. The fact that Melky went out and signed a 2 yr deal shows me that he doesnt have a lot of faith in himself. If he went out and signed a 1 yr deal, lit it up again and went back on the market, he'd be one of the highest paid players on the market next yr
    Hal sucks

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    There are only 2 ways this ends up. Fabulously, or god awful. Either Melky shows he is for real and the testosterone effects arent going to wear off, or he is going to suck massively and be a waste of a contract. The fact that Melky went out and signed a 2 yr deal shows me that he doesnt have a lot of faith in himself. If he went out and signed a 1 yr deal, lit it up again and went back on the market, he'd be one of the highest paid players on the market next yr
    Cabrera has made less than $13 million in his career before this contract. Pretty hard to turn down $16 million. In the real world that's actually a fair amount of money.

Banned

The Jays aren't paying him to hit like he did in San Fran.

I understand that he hasnt made a ton of money thus far and the $16 mil will effectively set himself up for life. But if he signed a 1 yr deal for $8 mil, he could have set himself up for a 5yr $75 mil deal next offseason
    Hal sucks