Register now to remove this ad

Thread: A Realistic View at 2022: Part III

Hybrid View

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Personally I wouldn't want to be a fan of any team that's never won a title.
    But up to and through 2003, it’s not like 1918 was so recent I could enjoy it.

And winning that first title in 2004 was far and away the most special. It was something I (understandably) thought I’d never see in my lifetime….

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    But up to and through 2003, it’s not like 1918 was so recent I could enjoy it.

And winning that first title in 2004 was far and away the most special. It was something I (understandably) thought I’d never see in my lifetime….
    Lots of good teams with lots of god talent though from 67 to 2003.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Red View Post
    Lots of good teams with lots of god talent though from 67 to 2003.
    But the comments were about not wanting to be a fan of a team that never won a title. Or bring a fan of results over the process.

I mean, the 1987 Twins - a team with 85 wins and a favorable playoff schedule determined by the old “alternating years” method - got better results than any team Yastrzemski or Ted Williams played for. We’re the ‘87 Twins fandom-worthy?

Deity
    But the comments were about not wanting to be a fan of a team that never won a title. Or bring a fan of results over the process.

I mean, the 1987 Twins - a team with 85 wins and a favorable playoff schedule determined by the old “alternating years” method - got better results than any team Yastrzemski or Ted Williams played for. We’re the ‘87 Twins fandom-worthy?
    Yaz ran into Bob Gibson in 67, and probably no other team would have beaten him either. The best teams don’t always win.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Red View Post
    Yaz ran into Bob Gibson in 67, and probably no other team would have beaten him either. The best teams don’t always win.
    But now you’re all about system over results. Results tell you the ‘67 Red Sox didn’t win…

Deity
    But now you’re all about system over results. Results tell you the ‘67 Red Sox didn’t win…
    I was there for game 7 so I know ist hand.