Register now to remove this ad

View Poll Results: Is this the direction this league needs to take?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES

20 83.33%
  • NO

4 16.67%
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Talk Sox Sim League V2.0

Major Leaguer
    TALK SOX SIM LEAGUE v2.0
    We the People of the TalkSox Sim Council, in Order to form a more perfect league, establish Fairness, insure managing Tranquility, provide for the less fortunate teams, promote the general Welfare of its members, and secure the Blessings of a World Series to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the TalkSox Sim League.

· Checks and balances! First and formost, TS 2.0 would feature a trade council (similar to that of Sportsncards, if any of you were members there). All trades will be sent to the league email (would be a gmail account, to be determined), and posted in the (password protected) Trade Council forum. All trades will be automatically passed if there is no objection from a trade council member within 24 hours, and posted in the 'Completed Trades' forum for the rest of the league to see. With an objection, it will be put to vote within the trade council with YESZIR having the final say.

· Citizenship! The second most important thing to developming and keeping a good league is to be sure that any newcomers are here to build their own team, not somebody else's. Whether it be because of a friend in the league, or just general cluelessness. Any newcomer will have his team on an interim basis for 2 sims, after which the entire league will vote on whether or not he will stay. If one of the League's members is called into question by a Trade Council member, their league status can also be put to vote.

· Equal opportunity! First, everybody will pick their teams, after which we would have the computer draft every team from a pool of every major and minor league player available; order will be random and serpentine style. The idea is to have your team come to you, instead of you pick your team. Otherwise you're deciding based on your thinking that this team is better than the other and that detracts from what we're trying to do here. Every team will start out in a 'Normal' rated market with 50 fan interest. All teams will start out with 80 million bucks and an 80 million dollar budget. After each season, the markets will be adjusted based on the kind of season your team had, and fan interest will be adjusted on opening day judging by your last season record and your off-season acquisitions.

There will always be a favorite, there will always be an underdog, and there will always be that one team you can count on to lose; there's nothing we can do to change that. Our intentions are to create a league of 30 GMs that are each comitted to making their franchise better, 30 GMs that have a clue and a direction, and 30 GMs that will help make this the best damn sim league on the internet.
    I have a penis.

I give this a resounding yes.

SIGNED BY:
    Noah

Me, Yez (as I now call him), Yagmaster, Sandman, and Radgeta just spend an hour planning this out. Let's hear some feedback!
    Mets in '06
    Vote for Pedro!
    See you guys in October? I hope not, you manhandled us.

Major Leaguer
    nicely put i vote yes and fantasty drafted would make all teams equal.
    QUOTE (Noah @ Nov 15 2004, 09:14 PM)
    We had another meeting and decided. Rad is too cool to let go of.
    GM of the California Angels
    2004 91-74. 2005 51-30

This is a good idea.

Oh wow, 7-0, looks good to me.

All-Star
    Works for me.
    Politically Right Since 1986

Retroware TV
    Follow Me on Twitter!

I vote yes
    Quote Originally Posted by ORS
    I know they will. At some point in your life, you'll grow up and quit pulling stupid shit like this. Then, the world will be a better place. Unfortunately, somebody else will turn 12 and start doing the same thing. It's a vicious cycle.

Wow, this would change things a lot. I am ready for it.

Good for me.
    WASHINGTON NATIONALS GM/OWNER/COACH/SCOUT

This means I might not have to rebuild after all! YEAH!!!

Major Leaguer
    change isn't a bad thing and teams would be equal or pretty fookin close
    QUOTE (Noah @ Nov 15 2004, 09:14 PM)
    We had another meeting and decided. Rad is too cool to let go of.
    GM of the California Angels
    2004 91-74. 2005 51-30

This is a good idea, this will make stability in this league, whihc never existed before. The only question is: how will the council members be chosen. Otherwise this is the best idea all night.
    Former owner of the Talksox Phillies
    Fantasy owner of the Mexico City Mexicans
    Record: 0-0 0 games back
    Next opponent: Redsox05
    AIM: shadoslicer

i think yes. i like the idea of interim managers.
    Boston Red Sox 2004 World Series Champs.

Fantastic Idea
    [IMG]
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v400/Hos...-Michael-Vi.gif[/IMG]

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='colorrange'>GO TO </span><u>NY Mets Blog.com</u></span>
    <span style='colorurple'>Owner of the Colorado Rockies</span>