Register now to remove this ad

View Poll Results: Do You Want JayHawk Bill to Post on TalkSox?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

21 77.78%
  • No

6 22.22%
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Should JayHawK Bill Come Back?

Should JayHawK Bill Come Back?

I miss JayHawk's well-researched posts. I probably disagreed with close to half of his positions, but his in-depth research was always interesting and often compelling. He put a lot of thought into his posts. At the beginning, he came off as a bit of a smarty pants, but he just strongly believed in his positions. For the most part, he knew when to agree to disagree. I'd like to see him posting on TalkSox again. What do you think?
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Re: Should JayHawK Bill Come Back?

Why'd he leave?
    Quote Originally Posted by W.B. Mason View Post
    Did someone order...paperclips?

There is no true point to this. The guy is being stubborn and no matter how bad you want him back he just won't come back unless it's under his terms which are a bit unfair. I liked the guy and tried, but it's not going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Rdsxmbnt;344618;
    Why'd he leave?
    He left after a disagreement with Gom and the Yankee fans got out of hand. Gom likes the give and take, so I don't think he holds any grudge.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

"Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Quote Originally Posted by Soxfan#1;344619;
    There is no true point to this. The guy is being stubborn and no matter how bad you want him back he just won't come back unless it's under his terms which are a bit unfair. I liked the guy and tried, but it's not going to happen.
    Well, if he is just being stubborn, this poll won't matter, but I was just wondering what the consensus would be regarding his return.

Voted yes

Banned

I need someone to beat up.

Nothing like a stupid Red Sox fan for me to beat up on a Red Sox board...lol

Personally, I can't see how his bitching and moaning would be even remotely desired by the mods. All he did was complain from what I heard all the time. We police ourselves here, we don't need a 50 year old crybaby who doesn't get his way and bitches to the mods. We are here for fun...at least I am.

ORS....there, but for the grace of God's gift of intelligence to you....is what you would have been in JHB.

That said...I don't give a rat's ass one way or the other. However, I for one....I just can't tone it down for stupidity. God help him if he posts that the Yankees are cheating again, lol.
    "Every year, the infielders move a step back because you have lost some speed, and the outfielders move in a step because you have lost some of your power. When they can shake hands, you're finished."

Hell yes, his posts were incredible. Even though some of his stats seemed kind of crazy, I really enjoyed reading them and seeing how he could argue a point that seemed stupid to everyone and he could make a valid arguement through use of his limitless stats. I miss Bill
    Never Gonna give you up, Never gonna let you downB)

Super Moderator

Why not?

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter;344620;
    He left after a disagreement with Gom and the Yankee fans got out of hand. Gom likes the give and take, so I don't think he holds any grudge.
    I was under the impression that he left because he felt like the mods weren't properly enforcing the new rules. I could be wrong...

Deity

I have no clue why he left, but I absolutely believe he should be here. He has a mind like nobody else on this board; no offense to everyone else.

This is my rifle....

Quote Originally Posted by Gom;344625;
    Personally, I can't see how his bitching and moaning would be even remotely desired by the mods. All he did was complain from what I heard all the time. We police ourselves here, we don't need a 50 year old crybaby who doesn't get his way and bitches to the mods. We are here for fun...at least I am.
    This is wrong on so many levels. The rules state the type of behavior that occurs here every day is not allowed. I'm guilty of breaking them, you are, everyone is. JHB believed the rules were the rules for a reason, and he expected adherence to them. Even when it was clearly obvious that those rules were little more than window dressing, he still asked for moderator consent before engaging in behavior outside the written rule, a request that to my knowledge was never approved. What JHB had was principles. The fact that you don't recognize this comes as no surprise.

I'd welcome him back if he decided to return, but I understand if he chooses not to.

Legend

I liked the guy and liked his posts but its his call whether he wants to come back or not. I dont see what a vote among us will do

Thin skin on internet message boards do not a good poster make. I liked him. I disagreed with him a lot, but I liked him. That being said, I dont care either way. If he leaves because of who we are, then, well he should stay gone. We arent changing. For an entire forum to change so that one person can come back sounds pretty stupid IMO.
    Hal sucks

Deity

Quote Originally Posted by One Red Seat;344633;
    This is wrong on so many levels. The rules state the type of behavior that occurs here every day is not allowed. I'm guilty of breaking them, you are, everyone is. JHB believed the rules were the rules for a reason, and he expected adherence to them. Even when it was clearly obvious that those rules were little more than window dressing, he still asked for moderator consent before engaging in behavior outside the written rule, a request that to my knowledge was never approved. What JHB had was principles. The fact that you don't recognize this comes as no surprise.

I'd welcome him back if he decided to return, but I understand if he chooses not to.
    THIS