Register now to remove this ad

Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 LastLast

Thread: Talksox Fantasy Plus 2010

Re: Talksox Fantasy Plus 2010

I added 2 weeks to the draft deadline.

Wow, that Morrow start kicked my teams ass.

Yeah, I got a little lucky there. Would have been nice if my offense hadn't completely disappeared today, but I guess that's karma.
    And who are you, the proud lord said, that I must bow so low?
    Only a cat of a different coat, that's all the truth I know. In a coat of gold or a coat of red, a lion still has claws, And mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.

I've got 3 elite catchers, boys.

Napoli and Soto (comes off the DL on Sunday) are available.

If you want to stand pat with Jason Kendall and Carlos Ruiz, so be it...
    Only a cat of a different coat, that's all the truth I know. In a coat of gold or a coat of red, a lion still has claws, And mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.

Price is way too high.

Make a counteroffer, then. We could always put together a package deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Keeper;572383;
    I've got 3 elite catchers, boys.

Napoli and Soto (comes off the DL on Sunday) are available.

If you want to stand pat with Jason Kendall and Carlos Ruiz, so be it...
    If you want tp take 3 catchers into the play-offs , good luck.

I'm not saying it's ideal to have three catchers (two with 1B eligibility and two with an OPS above .900, btw), but if you think I'll drop one of them and let you have one for free, you have another thing coming.

Meanwhile, you have Jason Kendall, so I guess you're good to go. Never too late to change your mind, SFOC. We still have a little over a week before the trade deadline.

Playoff time!

Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyBreath;575108;
    Playoff time!
    You earned a bye, so you get to watch from the sidelines. Good luck !

Well, I'm almost relieved it's over for me. Been an uphill battle since Morneau went out. Never had a chance with Scherzer. Burnett sucked horribly. Wieters sucked horribly. Jenks sucked horribly. Yunel sucked horribly. Drew didn't start raking until after I let him go. Shouldn't have dropped C.J. Wilson, but I thought he would run out of gas in the 2nd half since he used to be a reliever. Braun, Bourn, Street, and Greinke all had down years. Cruz couldn't stay on the field.

All things considered, I did pretty well. I have a much better idea of who to target now. Next year should be more fruitful.

Quote Originally Posted by Keeper;576396;
    Well, I'm almost relieved it's over for me. Been an uphill battle since Morneau went out. Never had a chance with Scherzer. Burnett sucked horribly. Wieters sucked horribly. Jenks sucked horribly. Yunel sucked horribly. Drew didn't start raking until after I let him go. Shouldn't have dropped C.J. Wilson, but I thought he would run out of gas in the 2nd half since he used to be a reliever. Braun, Bourn, Street, and Greinke all had down years. Cruz couldn't stay on the field.

All things considered, I did pretty well. I have a much better idea of who to target now. Next year should be more fruitful.
    It must be a conspiracy. The bastards wait until you release them to get good. Then the others, purposely suck if you hold on to them. Damn, a real lose-lose situation. How did that , "I'll carry three catchers theory ", work out ? I guess it really doesn't matter, it looks like I'll be exiting in the first round also. Oh well, football is about to start soon.

Just got a little unlucky is really all I was saying.

My three catchers had nothing to do with me losing. Having someone else on the roster instead of Napoli or Soto wouldn't have made a difference. Although if you had made a trade for Soto, you would have another RBI right now, giving you a better shot at winning.

Quote Originally Posted by Keeper;576468;
    Just got a little unlucky is really all I was saying.

My three catchers had nothing to do with me losing. Having someone else on the roster instead of Napoli or Soto wouldn't have made a difference. Although if you had made a trade for Soto, you would have another RBI right now, giving you a better shot at winning.
    It wouldn't have helped. My team completely stopped hitting Sat and Sun. BTW, I was was just kidding with you. I got knocked out too. Good luck to you Bulldogs and the other three remaining teams.

Good matchup, SFoC. We were tied until late tonight when Brian Wilson got me a save to put it at 5-4.