Register now to remove this ad

Page 52 of 527 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast

Thread: Official NFL thread

Re: Official NFL thread

Quote Originally Posted by Emmz;595070;
    Dude's an even bigger bonehead than a 41-year-old, injured Brett Favre. I have zero interest in Vince Young. The guy's stupid, he's talented, but he's got no future. He's not that good at all. They just need to get a good passer in the draft. Mallett will at least be available to us, if not even Jake Locker. I'd love to see us draft one of the two, and with Childress out, we're no longer going to stick with that bum TJ, who Childress has a massive boner for.

QB isn't the only problem. Our defense last year was feared across the league, we had what is arguably the best front seven in the NFL, and right now, the linebackers are stellar, but the d-line is getting beat every time. Allen isn't getting in, Edwards isn't getting in, the Williams Wall is getting beat. Our secondary is atrocious. Winfield and Griffin is a strong CB duo, but our safeties are garbage, and Griffin is out for the year.

Also, offensively, where's our blocking at? Sullivan's good, Hutchinson is excellent, but McKinnie and Loadholt both suck. McKinnie has to be the most overpaid lineman in the NFL for how shitty he plays.

Got too much work to be done to just look at QB, but I surely wouldn't want Vince Young touching this team.
    I dont think the Vikings are as bad as theyve played. I have a feeling a many of them mailed it in a long time ago. I am sure we will soon find out, but I think they may have been trying to burn Childress.

I think thats why he didnt bench Favre. He knew Favre would play hard because he didnt want to go out this embarrassing. I think the players who were mailing it in were other than QB.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet Chin Music33;595079;
    I dont think the Vikings are as bad as theyve played. I have a feeling a many of them mailed it in a long time ago. I am sure we will soon find out, but I think they may have been trying to burn Childress.

I think thats why he didnt bench Favre. He knew Favre would play hard because he didnt want to go out this embarrassing. I think the players who were mailing it in were other than QB.
    Favre's still trying, but he just has nothing. His head isn't in the game, the talent has completely diminished, but he still goes out there to play, through all the injuries, like he has for the past 20 years. I don't mind letting Brett play, he gives us about as good a chance as we could have, which isn't good when almost everything has taken a step backwards.

We are as bad as they've played as far as I'm concerned. Our D-Line isn't feared, it's a laughingstock. Until recently, we were dead-last in sacks, compared to last year, when we were first. Our secondary is depleted, with one of our stud CBs being down for who knows how long, and considering that it's a re-injury, who knows if it's going to properly heal. Our offensive tackles a big 6'7, 350 lb liabilities, who can't protect Favre to save their lives, or his. We have too many question marks, it pisses me off that homer Vikings fans keep blaming everything on the QB and the coach. Fixing those two things aren't necessarily going to fix the massive unexpected collapse of the D-Line, or the secondary getting even more exploitable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    We're sorry, your search for "Fucks Given By Koji Uehara" did not return any results

Quote Originally Posted by Divinity;594994;
    Brad Childress got fired
    The Coach Killer strikes again!

"Just one more thing..." Northern Star's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Emmz;595072;
    Young isn't that good, the season is lost, and he costs a lot of money too. With Favre, we're losing someone who's retiring, and getting the chance to work on a new QB. I'd just as soon draft someone fresh.
    Moot point now that he's out for the season anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by The Campfighter;595208;
    Moot point now that he's out for the season anyway.
    Yeah, everyone sort of ignored his season ending thumb injury.

For all we know, it could be a minor injury and Jeff Fisher could be forcing him to be out for the season. What I mean is, I doubt that Young would be playing for the Titans at all for the remainder of the season based on their exchanges after the past game, even if he wasn't injured.

Fisher already said that even without the flexor tendon tear, Young has been replaced as the starting qb.

Talksox hall of famer RedSoxfanforlife305's Avatar

T.O calling Revis an average cornerback? Should be an interesting to see Revis get bombed on thursday even though I can see the Jets winning.
    Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT : Mind your own fucking business if a conversation doesn't concern you and maybe we can start acting like adults.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSoxfanforlife305;595227;
    T.O calling Revis an average cornerback? Should be an interesting to see Revis get bombed on thursday even though I can see the Jets winning.
    i hope the jets lose, with a pats win on turkey day would make my day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Bruins,Patriots,Redsox,Celtics,ND Football,BC BasketBall,Team USA

I don't see the Jets losing to the Bengals. No worries though I'm pretty sure you're going to beat the Lions.

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT : Mind your own fucking business if a conversation doesn't concern you and maybe we can start acting like adults.

T.O, called Revis average? Lol.

Revis is a young Tyjoun Law.

Again, Lol!

I'm sure he did that because Revis called him a slouch earlier this season.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyBreath;595288;
    I'm sure he did that because Revis called him a slouch earlier this season.
    Oh.

Score one for Revis.

And don't get me wrong here. T.O. is still a weapon.

We'll have to wait and see on Thursday. Seems like a good week. Three football games plus thanksgiving dinner which never faiks to satisfy me followed by black friday.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSoxfanforlife305;595291;
    We'll have to wait and see on Thursday. Seems like a good week. Three football games plus thanksgiving dinner which never faiks to satisfy me followed by black friday.

It's African-American Friday to you.