Register now to remove this ad

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Official Talksox 2012 Fantasy Baseball

Re: Official Talksox 2012 Fantasy Baseball

Quote Originally Posted by Palodios;753424;
    And Pal snags the new Yankee closer! Well played Pal, well played.
    would you trade Papelbon? I need a closer badly.
    Tiburones Rojos de Veracruz & Boston Red Sox

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    In the words of Don Corleone when he slaps a crying Johnny Fontaine: "Act like a man!" No, offense ladies.

Quote Originally Posted by User Name?;753167;
    I want to trade A-Gon. Any takers?
    I would give you Pence and Cespedes for Price and Adrian. Let me know if you are interested.

In the words of Don Corleone when he slaps a crying Johnny Fontaine: "Act like a man!" No, offense ladies.

Quote Originally Posted by Palodios;753428;
    In all fairness, you did post that only 10 minutes ago.
    I posted it last night in the GT too. You interested? If two people match up in a pitching-for-offense trade, it's you and me.
    We miss you Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by iortiz;753434;
    I would give you Pence and Cespedes for Price and Adrian. Let me know if you are interested.
    Pence and Cespedes would not get it done, but it's a good starting point for negotiations.
    We miss you Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by iortiz;753429;
    would you trade Papelbon? I need a closer badly.
    Good closers are incredibly hard to come by this year. It would take an extremely good offer to get him off my hands. I do have a pile of other options-- Balfour/Walden/Robertson/Street-- if you're interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Palodios;753443;
    Good closers are incredibly hard to come by this year. It would take an extremely good offer to get him off my hands. I do have a pile of other options-- Balfour/Walden/Robertson/Street-- if you're interested.
    what would you ask for Papelbon?, I have some OF, just in case you need one.

Quote Originally Posted by User Name?;753436;
    I posted it last night in the GT too. You interested? If two people match up in a pitching-for-offense trade, it's you and me.
    Feel free to make me an offer then.

I'm a little bit weary of changing my team too much, because I really like my players. I'm behind right now, but I drafted a pile of guys who don't get injured, and Bautista won't hit .180 forever.

Quote Originally Posted by User Name?;753440;
    Pence and Cespedes would not get it done, but it's a good starting point for negotiations.
    Well, I would add my boy from Houston Chris Johnson 311/340/800. 14 RBI/12 Rs/90 ABs thus far, regardless guy is hot right now. I wouldn't give more. Let me know if interested.

Quote Originally Posted by iortiz;753449;
    what would you ask for Papelbon?, I have some OF, just in case you need one.
    I took Papelbon in the 9th round. Right now, closers are very hard to come by considering that Bailey, Santos, Farnsworth, Storen, Madson, Wilson, Soria, and now Rivera are all hurting. It would take a 6th round pick or below to get him off my hands.

Quote Originally Posted by iortiz;753452;
    Well, I would add my boy from Houston Chris Johnson 311/340/800. 14 RBI/12 Rs/90 ABs thus far, regardless guy is hot right now. I wouldn't give more. Let me know if interested.
    Gonzales was my first round pick, and you're offering me guys drafted in mid-rounds and a waiver wire pickup. You need to offer value to receive value.
    We miss you Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Palodios;753450;
    Feel free to make me an offer then.

I'm a little bit weary of changing my team too much, because I really like my players. I'm behind right now, but I drafted a pile of guys who don't get injured, and Bautista won't hit .180 forever.
    I like my team a lot as well, but i feel like i have an excess of SP and need an impact bat. The guys i really like from your team are Napoli, Holliday and Ortiz. Any chance with any of them?
    We miss you Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Palodios;753455;
    I took Papelbon in the 9th round. Right now, closers are very hard to come by considering that Bailey, Santos, Farnsworth, Storen, Madson, Wilson, Soria, and now Rivera are all hurting. It would take a 6th round pick or below to get him off my hands.
    I would give you Pence (#3 pick) and Mauer (#7) straight up for Napoli and Papelbon. How does it sound?

Quote Originally Posted by User Name?;753456;
    Gonzales was my first round pick, and you're offering me guys drafted in mid-rounds and a waiver wire pickup. You need to offer value to receive value.
    I do not see Adrian being 2011 Dunn. The only reason I think you want to trade Adrian is because you want results now and during the season. Well, they will give you results now and in the coming future. Pence was my #3 pick. I do not think you will get these days a # 1 or # 2 selection unless these #1 or #2 selection are slumping too, but that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by User Name?;753457;
    I like my team a lot as well, but i feel like i have an excess of SP and need an impact bat. The guys i really like from your team are Napoli, Holliday and Ortiz. Any chance with any of them?
    Those are tough guys to part with. I essentially drafted Napoli and Holliday about ten picks early because I liked them so much going into the year.

I would consider Ortiz for Price, but I understand that's not great value for you. Ortiz always hits like a 3rd round pick, but for some reason gets picked in the 10th round. Its kind of silly in a league like this one with two utility spots, where he's clearly not going to be clogging a spot like leagues with only one.

Quote Originally Posted by iortiz;753459;
    I do not see Adrian being 2011 Dunn. The only reason I think you want to trade Adrian is because you want results now and during the season. Well, they will give you results now and in the coming future. Pence was my #3 pick. I do not think you will get these days a # 1 or # 2 selection unless these #1 or #2 selection are slumping too, but that's just me.
    Pence is good. I don't want to "dump Adrian" but i have three 1B-elegible guys and need to upgrade my OF and possibly C, and he would bring back the most value. The problem is Cespedes is unproven and CJ flat out sucks, i can't expect either of them to bring value now or in the future, and neither can you.
    We miss you Mike.