Register now to remove this ad

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pokemon Go

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    From my experience, it's even worse in Manhattan.
    New York sucks, but it's not as terrifyingly dangerous as Boston. In New York, most of the streets are clearly marked and the traffic signals and signs are both visible and unambiguous. The roads, while crowded, were built with the understanding that they would be used by thousands of cars and are accordingly spacious, at least in the busiest areas. In addition, the traffic moves so slowly thanks to gridlock that you are much less likely to be turned into roadkill.

In Boston, the traffic is still bad but there are far more parts of the city where people drive way, way too fast. The traffic signs and signals are sometimes nonexistent, and when they are there, they often require a degree in theoretical physics with a minor in differential calculus just to decipher them. Several times in Boston I went the wrong way down a one-way street because the "One Way" sign was placed midway down the street rather than at the end. There are a bunch of roundabouts that literally no one knows how to use, bike lanes that end abruptly in the middle of heavily trafficked areas (which would be even worse if the bicyclists actually used the bike lanes), and three or four lane streets that are barely wide enough for three cars. Some of the streets are so narrow I would swear they were intended for bikes or motorcycles only.
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I try to stay away from the seven gates of Hell as much as possible.
    Yeah now that my brother moved out of NYC to Houston I have no reason to go anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

After hearing a lot of stories about this game, I've sorta changed my stance. I do like the fact the game apparently makes people walk to catch the pokemon, especially the rare ones (or whatever the fuck), and is making people socialize and have fun, but the driving while playing the game needs to stop, there has been at least three pokemon-go related car accidents in my area already, its stupid. Be SMART PEOPLE.

OMG! It was such a headache. But I think the popularity of the game is gradually reducing.