Register now to remove this ad

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: 9/18 @ Baltimore

Quote Originally Posted by S5Dewey View Post
    I want to say right now that Boy, I hate this Orioles team, almost as much as I hate the Yankees. I'd probably hate the O's more were it not for the tradition of Yankee hating. I hate that Fuckin Showalter just for being a general douche and I hate fucking cheap-shot Machado even more. I'll be a lot older than I am now before I believe his slide into Pedey wasn't intentional.... and how many games has not having Pedey cost us????

just remember Showalter is a failed ex-Yankee farmhand. Makes it easier to hate equally.
    The Yankees could go 0-162 and it wouldn't be enough

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Putting up an injured Hanley shows that they have no faith in Young.
    Would you have any faith in him at this point?,Travis is a better hitter than either of them at this point. By pinch running for Vaz, we now have a lineup without much punch.

This isn't going to end well; sooner or later one of the Oriole bats is going to run into one.
    The Yankees could go 0-162 and it wouldn't be enough

Hell yea!!!!!! Right on Leon!!!!
    In the town where I was born
    Lived a man who sailed to sea
    And he told us of his life
    In the land of submarines
    So we sailed up to the sun
    'Til we found a sea of green
    And we lived beneath the waves
    In our yellow submarine

Legend
    My feeling is Fister obviously didn't have his control tonight and JF stayed with him too long. Then when it became obvious he was unable to get anyone out, JF probably thought the game lost and stuck in his weaaker BP arms to compound the issue. We battled back but 8 runs have not been enough to win the game and we stand a 50/50 chance of losing it. Some of this comes back on JF and his judgment of the pitching staff.

Quote Originally Posted by SoxHop View Post
    Hell yea!!!!!! Right on Leon!!!!
    Biggest defensive play of the season right there.

Deity
    This offense has to do something. I am pretty sure they know the stankees won.

Quote Originally Posted by oldtimer View Post
    My feeling is Fister obviously didn't have his control tonight and JF stayed with him too long. Then when it became obvious he was unable to get anyone out, JF probably thought the game lost and stuck in his weaaker BP arms to compound the issue. We battled back but 8 runs have not been enough to win the game and we stand a 50/50 chance of losing it. Some of this comes back on JF and his judgment of the pitching staff.
    Ehhhh....I think you're being unduly tough on Farrell for this one. IMO there's something to be said for using your head in situations and I don't want Farrell burning through his good relievers in a game that's probably going to be a loss anyway.
    Once in a while doing what Farrell did tonight will come back and bite you on the ass but on the whole I have no issue with it.
    It's a mere moment in a man's life between the All-Star game and the Old Timer's game.
    -Vin Scully

C'mon Jackie... get one out of that place.
    It's a mere moment in a man's life between the All-Star game and the Old Timer's game.
    -Vin Scully

And BTW, I like these extra inning games a lot better when they're played in Fenway.
    -Vin Scully

If that had been Machado running to first base he'd have stepped on Moreland's hand. And then said, Who, me??
    -Vin Scully

First class isn't until 12:30 PM tomorrow, so I'm here until the end.
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

Beni coming up clutch

Breakthrough

Beni is the man!!
    -Vin Scully