Register now to remove this ad

Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Yanks v Sox, rivalry renewed

Quote Originally Posted by Natick to NC View Post
    Normally I'd say yes but Nunez at Fenway is magic with his swing my bet push with comparison of the two ...hell of a pickup for you folks and always thought he was underrated.
    I liked the Nunez signing, but there is a chance his time with Boston last year was just an isolated hot streak.

That .882 at Fenway was special, and I hope he can keep that up.

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    I liked the Nunez signing, but there is a chance his time with Boston last year was just an isolated hot streak.

Nunez was a nice pickup for you guys, but he always finds a way to break you heart, all that talent but finds ways to perform bellow expectations, this coming from a Yankee fan who loved him when he was in pinstripes

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post

He has had only 4 at bats this ST.

Is he hurt or what?
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Provided good health on both sides, there is really no question who will be better.
    Red Sox for sure. 2018 will be a 3peat for the AL East. Not sure the other good teams in the division have a shot (Jays, O's, Rays).

You'll make the playoffs, but we will take home the AL East. Book it!
    Hal sucks

In what? The Book of Dreams?

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    He has had only 4 at bats this ST.

Is he hurt or what?
    Haven't heard a peep. If he's going to start on opening day, he should start playing today.

I hate to say it but I consider you guys the favorites.

I've got some voodoo dolls and pins ready for your starting pitchers, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    I hate to say it but I consider you guys the favorites.

I've got some voodoo dolls and pins ready for your starting pitchers, though.
    That's what will make it even sweeter when we kick their asses all over the Bronx!

it hasnt been a "rivalry" since the Sox became the hammer and the yankees the nail.
    also, you actually need fans to show up to baseball games to want to "rival up". nothing but a sea of blue seats at the stadium.
    also, the yankees arent even the most recent team from their own city to play in the world series.
    also, cc sabathia.
    also, over/under on yankees fans saying "wait until next year!" is august 5th.
    also, tanaka is one pitch away from elbow blowout.
    also, sophomore jinx x 2
    other names i have posted under: none

Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    it hasnt been a "rivalry" since the Sox became the hammer and the yankees the nail.
    The nail that sticks up gets hammered down.

BACK TO BACK TO BACK

Honestly, the Rays and O's are bigger rivalries atm.

Speaking of the real rivalry:

@TBTimes_Rays

#Rays will open vs #RedSox with Archer, Snell, bullpen day, and Eovaldi

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/2...ay-2018-season

While other teams are pondering using six-man pitching rotations this season, Tampa Bay Rays manager Kevin Cash is going with the opposite mindset and is planning to use a four-man rotation throughout the 2018 season.

Under Cash's plan, four pitchers will still work on regular rest, but instead of going with a regular starter on every fifth day, Cash said it will be a bullpen day and he'll have three or four relief pitchers go through the batting order once.

"Our plan, we're not going to five," Cash said. "We're going to try to stay at four. We're going to have some bullpen days in there. We're going to try and do that for a long period of time. We're going to learn a lot in the first six weeks."

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Speaking of the real rivalry:

@TBTimes_Rays

#Rays will open vs #RedSox with Archer, Snell, bullpen day, and Eovaldi

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/2...ay-2018-season

While other teams are pondering using six-man pitching rotations this season, Tampa Bay Rays manager Kevin Cash is going with the opposite mindset and is planning to use a four-man rotation throughout the 2018 season.

Under Cash's plan, four pitchers will still work on regular rest, but instead of going with a regular starter on every fifth day, Cash said it will be a bullpen day and he'll have three or four relief pitchers go through the batting order once.

"Our plan, we're not going to five," Cash said. "We're going to try to stay at four. We're going to have some bullpen days in there. We're going to try and do that for a long period of time. We're going to learn a lot in the first six weeks."
    Shocking!

CC was incredible last year ...Judge the same ....of the two I never bet against CC great heart great person ...Judge may not be all world this year .I love the Stanton sign for you folks because we have a bad guy now ....The thing is it's easy being the good guy ...being the bully and bad guy ???? Against Boston ? Lol Stanton may go OFer a month ...not saying he's not a great player but he's been in the kiddie pool ...now we are dropping him into the Atlantic Ocean with a Hurricane forming and Sharks circling ..Good freaking luck with that transition .we take this Division and win the World Series ...you folks get Machado and Harper goes to Cubs ....you guys will have to wait a couple years but you will win one in the next 3 years ...
    Last edited by Natick to NC; 03-15-2018 at 10:57 PM.