Register now to remove this ad

Page 51 of 106 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast

Thread: Who Should the Red Sox Trade For?

Quote Originally Posted by S5Dewey View Post
    Ya, but.. weren't you also hot on Duda at the time?
    a700 was spot on about Duda.

He sucks.

Glad we signed Moreland.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    And let's look at their fWAR's, roster impact and whether they would have actually made us a better team...
    So we’re going to use half a season of data vs the careers that brought them to free agency?

If the Sox need Jalen Beeks to make key starts in September, will you be defending him over Hellickson or Lynn?

Is Swihart the better than Lucroy?

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Matt Adams (.935) is "junk?"

Plus, it's not like we're hind-sighting dubs that are having good years, we talked about getting some of these guys before the season started.

Notin mentioned some pitchers.

Quote Originally Posted by S5Dewey View Post
    Ya, but.. weren't you also hot on Duda at the time?
    He was hot on Logan Morrison too.

Now with the benefit of hindsight Matt Adams looks like the pick of the litter!

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    So we’re going to use half a season of data vs the careers that brought them to free agency?

If the Sox need Jalen Beeks to make key starts in September, will you be defending him over Hellickson or Lynn?

Is Swihart the better than Lucroy?
    Hellickson was on the DL a month, just came off and got bombed.

The point is, each one of these guys with the possible exception of Moose carried a lot of risk. Was DD supposed to fill his cart with them like it was the clearance section at Ball-Mart?

Ball-Mart.

I like it.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Deity

The point is, each one of these guys with the possible exception of Moose carried a lot of risk. Was DD supposed to fill his cart with them like it was the clearance section at Ball-Mart?
    For zero risk minor league deals, why not?

There are some it made sense to avoid, but plenty of others that it didn’t...

Ball-Mart pitchers have a short expiration date before they are tossed in the Dumpster.
    Last edited by a700hitter; 07-09-2018 at 11:01 AM.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

"Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

For zero risk minor league deals, why not?

There are some it made sense to avoid, but plenty of others that it didn’t...
    Lynn was not available on a minor league deal.

You're bouncing all over the place.

Beeks would be fine going forward.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Beeks would be fine going forward.
    As long as he avoids the gorilla suit.

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    As long as he avoids the gorilla suit.
    FEE-MALE???!!!

Man, we just can't resist some things, can we?

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    a700 was spot on about Duda.

He sucks.

Glad we signed Moreland.
    I will be going to the Met doubleheader today. I love 2 games for 1 admission. Those are rarer than seeing a bald eagle in the wild. Is there anyone for whom you want a scouting report? The fans in the stands will know. There will only be hardcore baseball fans at the Mets games from here on out. They suck balls. The pink hats have all migrated to Yankee stadium.

Edit: The fans in the upper deck will be able to tell me how often a pitcher goes to his hat and after a certain number of times it will indicate that his toast. No fangraphs needed. I'll be sitting with human fangraphs.
    Last edited by a700hitter; 07-09-2018 at 12:22 PM.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

"Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

FEE-MALE???!!!

Man, we just can't resist some things, can we?
    Not sure what you mean. I was making a reference to the movie Trading Places where Roosevelt Beeks ends up in a gorilla suit.

I will be going to the Met doubleheader today. I love 2 games for 1 admission. Those are rarer than seeing a bald eagle in the wild. Is there anyone for whom you want a scouting report? The fans in the stands will know. There will only be hardcore baseball fans at the Mets games from here on out. They suck balls. The pink hats have all migrated to Yankee stadium.
    As Diceman would say: "Two for the price of one. I like that".

Man, the Mets sure are an inept organization.

How you can be a big market team like that and consistently put that poor of a product on the field is beyond me.