Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 6/17 @ Twinnesota Mins

Hybrid View

6/17 @ Twinnesota Mins

RHP Big Dick Rick (4-6, 4.69) vs RHP Jose Berrios (8-2, 3.01)

Well it's the start of Travelers Championship week, so I'll be busy all day everyday. But, as long as we keep winning (which I expect), I don't mind making the early morning GTs. Win. Dance. Repeat. x6
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

Legend
    Need a Statement Series on the Road, against a good Opponent. 2 out of 3 fine. Need it leading to this weekend. Yanks play the Astros and Tampa goes to Oakland. Oakland is still better then Toronto (who we play). Time to make a move, play good Baseball starting tonight. Forgot Tampa is playing NY tonight.
    Might be the most important series up to this point. We really see what kind of team we have.
    Throw out last year, once and for all.
    89 game season at this point. Starting to move.
    Last edited by OH FOY!; 06-17-2019 at 08:53 AM.

You're on a role Thunder! Big Dick's got this!!!!!!!!!

Berrios is very tough. Porcello will not have much of margin for error. No more than 1 or 2 solo Porcellos.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Berrios is very tough. Porcello will not have much of margin for error. No more than 1 or 2 solo Porcellos.
    I would love to see another April 30th type performance from him.... 8 innings, 2 hits, 0 runs against Oakland. He was beautiful that day. If he can replicate that we could win tonight.

Legend
    Twins are a better hitting team on the Road then they are at home.
    But, they are much better Pitching at home, then on the Road.
    Last edited by OH FOY!; 06-17-2019 at 10:36 AM.

Deity
    Can this team win their second series against a 500 team? We shall see but the rays will be playing the Yankees. Rooting for the rays to take 2 out of 3 at least.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by d-money View Post
    Can this team win their second series against a 500 team? We shall see but the rays will be playing the Yankees. Rooting for the rays to take 2 out of 3 at least.
    While the Red Sox were sweeping the now 21-50 Baltimore Orioles, my woeful Seattle Mariners were completing a 5-4 road trip against the Angels, Twins and Athletics, who are a combined 22 games above .500.

A important series awaits the Red Sox in Minnesota.

Deity
    Sox have good hitting, but Twins is better. Ditto pitching. This is a good battery check to see if there is still juice in 2019 model. Twins, FWIW have 47 wins to the Dodgers and Astros 48, but the best run differential, +116, in MLB. Sox are +49.

The Twins have a 67% winning percentage and the Sox 53%. Statistically, that means both teams are a good bet to win 1 game, neither is a good bet to win all 3, and the fight is over who wins the other game--with edge going to the Twins.

But you gotta play the games. That's what's great about MLB. I grew up around the middle of the 86 year curse when the Yankees seemed to win almost every year, which they in fact did 1949-53, my first 5 years of mainly check box scores. But in 1953 and 1954 we lived near Agawam and a could get the Sox on radio with Curt Gowdy. Sox finished 2d, 3d, 3d, 6th, and 4th those five years. then in 1954 the Indians won 111 freaking games only to lose 4 straight to the Giants.

The Sox lost the World Series in 1946 and didn't get back until 1967, 9 years after Williams retired. But even during that 20+ year drought there would be series in August or later when the Sox would make a contest of it and maybe take 2 of 3 from the Yankees.

I am actually really looking forward to this series. I will have the game on tonight but my spouse has plans for the night so I will be alone with my kid..... He's a jerk and will likely make me miss a good chunk of the game...… Then again the games I don't watch we seem to win so hey there's that lol.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerD View Post
    I am actually really looking forward to this series. I will have the game on tonight but my spouse has plans for the night so I will be alone with my kid..... He's a jerk and will likely make me miss a good chunk of the game...… Then again the games I don't watch we seem to win so hey there's that lol.
    Agree with that first sentence.

One kind of good thing about this series is that Thursday will be a day off--finally--which will help Cora in managing the bullpen.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxbialystock View Post
    Agree with that first sentence.

One kind of good thing about this series is that Thursday will be a day off--finally--which will help Cora in managing the bullpen.
    You should also agree with the second part that "kids are assholes" but none the less I hope we can take this series. I respect what Minnesota and their management team has done this year though. They are firing on all cylinders.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerD View Post
    A jerk?

Isn’t he like 3 months old?

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    A jerk?

Isn’t he like 3 months old?
    I think he’s like 3 weeks old. Lol.
    other names i have posted under: none

I'm a little nervous about Porcello these days. The Twins will be a good measuring stick for us.
    The Bills, The Bruins, The Sabres & The Red Sox.