Register now to remove this ad

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: 6/23 BJ'S @ Boston

Quote Originally Posted by TylerD View Post
    This team leaves way way way too many man stranded. Unreal.
    The story of 2019 thus far.

Deity
    With the Jays coming to the plate if there is one thing I have been impressed with in their case is there ability to lay off high heat. Almost nobody seems to be able to lay off high heat. For some reason the Jays seem pretty selective in that regard.

Bogeu and JDM hit the 2 softest balls of the year stranding the runners again. Martinez hits shots one day and bouncers the next, but rarely both on the same day.

Deity
    Those 2 runs look like 11 so don’t give up anymore.

For the SOX RISP quickly converts to RIP.

Good pitch by Porcello.. laced into centerfield though.

Quote Originally Posted by jung View Post
    Well
    - Tellez makes a turtle look like a sprinter. So no matter where that bunt attempt ended up HE was not going to end up on 2nd base.
    - He is one of if not the best power hitter the Jays have batting against a RH pitcher with 2 out and nobody on.
    - if he succeeded it would have been two out with a "runner" (pardon the overstatement) at 1st
    - giving up the strike didn't hurt him in the end because he is that good a hitter which is sorta' my point
    Not a critique of your correct point, just an indication of how boring this Red Sox team can be on some days. Nothing good going on at Fenway-----yet.

Quote Originally Posted by vegasbob View Post
    Bogeu and JDM hit the 2 softest balls of the year stranding the runners again. Martinez hits shots one day and bouncers the next, but rarely both on the same day.
    I swear it happens every week with this team. Men on base or even bases loaded and then a weak ass hit for easy outs.

Deity
    I would still love to see the ERA starters have established against our club this year. I suspect it is some UGLY looking number, at least ugly for an offense.

Come on guys.. let’s smack these birds around.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by vegasbob View Post
    Not a critique of your correct point, just an indication of how boring this Red Sox team can be on some days. Nothing good going on at Fenway-----yet.
    You have to show up for this. This team looks like it’s lazy and uninspired.

OB is just infatuated with strike outs. The same way I was once infatuated with Angie Dickinson.

Major Leaguer oldmaninthevegasdesert's Avatar
    got to love a line up with Nunez hitting 5th huh?

big rip to right
    Last edited by oldmaninthevegasdesert; 06-23-2019 at 01:23 PM.

Because of Holt's fragility, I would never ship him via UPS.

Deity
    Geez I looked up at the screen too quickly as Nunny stepped in and seeing what was the score box, I thought the Jays "2" was in the OUTS box and immediately flashing through my mind, "how did I miss that".

The scary part is that my mind was not willing to rule out that we had somehow been recorded for two outs that quickly in the inning!