Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moreland to IL

Moreland to IL

Back spasms. This clears 1b for Chavis
    Hal sucks

Maybe Cora should have rested him in Spring Training.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

All-Star
    Bad timing... just before a big 4-game series at Yankee Stadium I had already had 3 homers penciled in for him. What a drag. I guess Holt plays second... maybe he'll tap out a couple of blooping line-hugging homers.

Great.. just what this team needed. To have their HR leader sidelined. Ughh. Spasms should go away soon though.. hopefully it won’t linger.

Glad to see Mitch get that pesky annual IL trip out of the way early. Not hard to see why his back would suffer a little given the big swing he puts on the ball. Ditto for JDM. Over 30 is not a great time for a ballplayer's body. Chavis take note, save yourself.

Chavis is the future 1B'man. moreland just keeping it warm.

Quote Originally Posted by YastrzemskI View Post
    Great.. just what this team needed. To have their HR leader sidelined. Ughh. Spasms should go away soon though.. hopefully it won’t linger.
    Not that much of a loss. Hes been good early, but he is what he is.

Moreland started a rehab tonight with Pawtucket.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

"Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

0-4 with a K.

Hopefully, he gets into April form soon.
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

And the bullpen blew a 4-1 lead after Weber went 7 innings of 1 hit 1 run ball. There's no bullpen help there.

And the bullpen blew a 4-1 lead after Weber went 7 innings of 1 hit 1 run ball. There's no bullpen help there.
    Our pen has trickled down!

Legend
    What team is good in the Red Sox Minor League system? Lowell is the only team with a winning record. Last year too, Sox did not have a team from Low A to Triple AAA that had a winning record.
    Pawtucket is 35-53, you think their is much talent there? And that stadium is a Pitchers Park, just the foul territory. They come up to Fenway, they must freak out.
    Last edited by OH FOY!; 07-12-2019 at 07:55 AM.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by OH FOY! View Post
    What team is good in the Red Sox Minor League system? Lowell is the only team with a winning record. Last year too, Sox did not have a team from Low A to Triple AAA that had a winning record.
    Pawtucket is 35-53, you think their is much talent there? And that stadium is a Pitchers Park, just the foul territory. They come up to Fenway, they must freak out.
    Pawtucket does appear to have very little talent. If Darwinzon Hernandez ever finds the strike zone regularly, he might be the only player on the roster capable of making an impact in MLB. There are a few pitchers who will make the majors as low leverage relievers, all of whom have made their MLB debut already except Kyle Hart. Pawtucket has no position players who look like MLB starters to me, and at best may have a bench bat or two. Chad De La Guerra has been the breakout star so far, but he’s a utility infielder at best. Sort of a lesser version of Tzu Wei-Lin. I like Cole Sturgeon as a fourth outfielder, but like De La Guerra, he’s getting a bit old.

Beyond that, a bunch of career minor leaguers who will probably never see the 40 man roster.

Portland has a few more interesting players, but that team really isn’t exactly loaded either. Dalbec and Chatham look good. Netzer has a shot. I think Duran is overrated but he’s certainly a potential player as well. Pitching is tough to project, but I think Mata, Reyes, and Houck should all make MLB. Feltman has been a disappointment.

Pawtucket does appear to have very little talent. If Darwinzon Hernandez ever finds the strike zone regularly, he might be the only player on the roster capable of making an impact in MLB. There are a few pitchers who will make the majors as low leverage relievers, all of whom have made their MLB debut already except Kyle Hart. Pawtucket has no position players who look like MLB starters to me, and at best may have a bench bat or two. Chad De La Guerra has been the breakout star so far, but he’s a utility infielder at best. Sort of a lesser version of Tzu Wei-Lin. I like Cole Sturgeon as a fourth outfielder, but like De La Guerra, he’s getting a bit old.

Beyond that, a bunch of career minor leaguers who will probably never see the 40 man roster.

Portland has a few more interesting players, but that team really isn’t exactly loaded either. Dalbec and Chatham look good. Netzer has a shot. I think Duran is overrated but he’s certainly a potential player as well. Pitching is tough to project, but I think Mata, Reyes, and Houck should all make MLB. Feltman has been a disappointment.
    Our best prospects are 2-4 years away.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Our best prospects are 2-4 years away.
    The attrition rate on prospects in A ball is pretty high