Register now to remove this ad

Page 33 of 36 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: Countdown to Playoffs - 2019 edition

Quote Originally Posted by S5Dewey View Post
    When an adversary repeatedly posts negative stuff...isn't that the definition of trolling?
    I think of trolling as someone who states outlandishly crazy or wrong positions just to get a reaction, but I suppose if a Yankee fan would come to a Sox site and only state negative things, even while they may be winning a ring- like last year- one could call him a troll.

I don't see Jacko or harmony that way.They aren't Sox fans, so obviously they have different perspective, and sometimes I think their input is thought-provoking and merit.

I view some Sox fans on this site as trolls or prone to trolling.
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Only if the same situation is bad for the Sox but beneficial when it happens to the Yankees...
    That's the part that bother me about jacko, and I'm sure many outsiders view some of us Sox fans in the same light. For example, look how Sox fans used to roast Yankee fans because King George was buying players and rings left and right. Now, Henry is outspending many teams by 2 or 3 or more times and the next highest spending teams by $20-30M, but it's all good. Henry is great- George was evil.

You know if Sale was a Yankee and Paxton a Sox, jacko would be going on and on about how Sale is the better pick going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    That's the part that bother me about jacko, and I'm sure many outsiders view some of us Sox fans in the same light. For example, look how Sox fans used to roast Yankee fans because King George was buying players and rings left and right. Now, Henry is outspending many teams by 2 or 3 or more times and the next highest spending teams by $20-30M, but it's all good. Henry is great- George was evil.

You know if Sale was a Yankee and Paxton a Sox, jacko would be going on and on about how Sale is the better pick going forward.
    The difference here is that we're on a Red Sox board roasting the Yankees. That's not trolling. If we went to a Yankees board and said the same things about the Yankees... that would be trolling.
    It's a mere moment in a man's life between the All-Star game and the Old Timer's game.
    -Vin Scully

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    I think of trolling as someone who states outlandishly crazy or wrong positions just to get a reaction, but I suppose if a Yankee fan would come to a Sox site and only state negative things, even while they may be winning a ring- like last year- one could call him a troll.

I don't see Jacko or harmony that way.They aren't Sox fans, so obviously they have different perspective, and sometimes I think their input is thought-provoking and merit.

I view some Sox fans on this site as trolls or prone to trolling.
    IMO the operative word in your post was "ONLY". Apparently in your eyes since Jacko and Harmony sometimes also make constructive posts they are free from being called trolls. In my eyes trolling is where you find it. Posters aren't exempt from being trolls just because they sometimes make constructive posts.
    It's a mere moment in a man's life between the All-Star game and the Old Timer's game.
    -Vin Scully

All-Star
    I'm no "Harmony" expert... lack of time here I guess, but I'm sure that Jackson is no problem at all. In fact, I think he's remarkable in not being a problem. He's not confrontational, not particularly argumentative, and not about causing disruptions. And he knows a hell of a lot about the game. He can provoke thought and gab, but that's what sports forums are all about. Mildly provocative at worse, i'd say. (maybe harmony is disharmony but I don't recall enuf)

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by fxkatt View Post
    I'm no "Harmony" expert... lack of time here I guess, but I'm sure that Jackson is no problem at all. In fact, I think he's remarkable in not being a problem. He's not confrontational, not particularly argumentative, and not about causing disruptions. And he knows a hell of a lot about the game. He can provoke thought and gab, but that's what sports forums are all about. Mildly provocative at worse, i'd say. (maybe harmony is disharmony but I don't recall enuf)
    A harmonious poster respectfully offers substance free of personal attacks, name-calling, profanity, hyperbole and unfounded allegations.

Legend
    IMO the operative word in your post was "ONLY". Apparently in your eyes since Jacko and Harmony sometimes also make constructive posts they are free from being called trolls. In my eyes trolling is where you find it. Posters aren't exempt from being trolls just because they sometimes make constructive posts.
    Perhaps the forum needs more substance and fewer personal attacks.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by harmony View Post
    Perhaps the forum needs more substance and fewer personal attacks.
    When you're a Red Sox fan, and someone attacks your team, that's personal.

(Just a joke.)
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

I guess we disagree on the degree of negativity. In harmony's case, he is very consistent with his choice of measuring a player's value and rarely posts anything that is an outright opinion based on bias. He lays out the facts that sometimes may burst our bubble. Jacko is more anti Sox fan in that he cherry picks stats to make us look bad and the Yankee players good. He changes his measuring tools to keep everything unbalanced. I do think he offers a lot of constructive criticism and truthful insights that outweigh the blatant bias.

I see your point about coming to a Sox site vs posting the same thing on a Yankee site as being viewed differently.

The moderators are the ones who decide what is a troll is, and the moderators on this site do an excellent job IMO.

I have no real problem with harmony and jacksonianmarch, although I do take issue with them on certain posts. But that's a different story. I take issue with what a lot of Sox posters say too.

Babe was a perfect example of what a troll is. He would take it to that next level of just being totally insulting and obnoxious. And that's why 'he gone'.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    The moderators are the ones who decide what is a troll is, and the moderators on this site do an excellent job IMO.

I have no real problem with harmony and jacksonianmarch, although I do take issue with them on certain posts. But that's a different story. I take issue with what a lot of Sox posters say too.

Babe was a perfect example of what a troll is. He would take it to that next level of just being totally insulting and obnoxious. And that's why 'he gone'.
    Well said.

The difference here is that we're on a Red Sox board roasting the Yankees. That's not trolling. If we went to a Yankees board and said the same things about the Yankees... that would be trolling.
    thats a BINGO!
    other names i have posted under: none

Quote Originally Posted by harmony View Post
    A harmonious poster respectfully offers substance free of personal attacks, name-calling, profanity, hyperbole and unfounded allegations.
    or not.

I guess we disagree on what trolling is or maybe some of us have varying thicknesses of skin.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post

yeah, i agree here. i dont want either of these guys banned but i will 100% call out the trolling when i see it. and both have been known to do it now and again. harmony is usually pro level and hard to spot. or not.
    jacksonianmarch has at least 1 straight up troll post a day, 3 semi troll posts, and 6 non troll posts. that said they both provide entertainment and contribute to legit baseball discussions. i just find it funny when the old head TS guys refuse to see jacksonianmarch trolling.
    Last edited by Slasher9; 09-18-2019 at 07:33 AM.