Register now to remove this ad

Page 9 of 88 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast

Thread: Bloom move your asssssss

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    But it wasn't our responsibility to know what Allen was. It was Dombrowski's, however...
    In that case, Margot can be considered a 4th OF and not a big loss in that trade since we know how he turned out. Trade seems fine in retrospect to me.

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Theo's overpay broke a 108 year curse. The Cubs will take that overpay every day and twice on sunday to finally see a title.
    And I don't really disagree with that. But if that was a Red Sox move, giving up Gleyber Torres plus other players of value for a rental of a closer, we'd never hear the end of it - title or not.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by Slasher9 View Post
    bdc
    I remember many mentioning Allen.
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Theo's overpay broke a 108 year curse. The Cubs will take that overpay every day and twice on sunday to finally see a title.
    One title in the 2000's , and not much else ? What other high spending teams in the 2000's did not even get that ? Try the LA Dodgers. Even the Marlins, Royals, Diamondbacks, Phillies and White Sox achieved the one title, but no follow through. 13 different teams won it in the 2000's, even the Yankees twice. Only one team won it 4 times in the last 20 seasons. Time for a new decade

Quote Originally Posted by vegasbob View Post
    One title in the 2000's , and not much else ? What other high spending teams in the 2000's did not even get that ? Try the LA Dodgers. Even the Marlins, Royals, Diamondbacks, Phillies and White Sox achieved the one title, but no follow through. 13 different teams won it in the 2000's, even the Yankees twice. Only one team won it 4 times in the last 20 seasons. Time for a new decade

Good Post

Think die hard Yankee fans are doing back flips for getting to the AL Championships? Nope (I wouldn't be)

How about them Cubs? They won it all a year early, they had the GM and Manager of the century. How did that turn out? Looks like their cliff is fast approaching.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Including notin. I was surprised how many people said the Sox traded "four blocked prospects" for Kimbrel. How can an A-ball pitcher be blocked?

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Guy who stanned for Denyi Reyes last year, doesn’t know why he was put on 40 man roster last year.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    And I don't really disagree with that. But if that was a Red Sox move, giving up Gleyber Torres plus other players of value for a rental of a closer, we'd never hear the end of it - title or not.
    Like giving up Bagwell for Larry Anderson. Except Anderson was no Chapman...

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    In that case, Margot can be considered a 4th OF and not a big loss in that trade since we know how he turned out. Trade seems fine in retrospect to me.
    The Sox gave up two top 100 prospects and two other prospects (one of whom did look like he had a low ceiling) for the full value of one of the highest paid closers in the game at the time...

Guy who stanned for Denyi Reyes last year, doesn’t know why he was put on 40 man roster last year.
    Huh?
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Deity
    If the Sox kept Margot, he might be in line to start in CF next year...

The Sox gave up two top 100 prospects and two other prospects (one of whom did look like he had a low ceiling) for the full value of one of the highest paid closers in the game at the time...
    Prospect value at trade time is irrelevant if we need to consider Logan’s current value.

If the Sox kept Margot, he might be in line to start in CF next year...
    Ewwww

Deity
    Ewwww
    Well so far the only name on the table is Jake Marisnick. If Margot elicits an "Ewwww", whatever Marisnick gets out of you is probably best left untyped.

If the Sox are determined to go cheap at the position, they could easily do A LOT worse than Manny Margot...

Deity
    Prospect value at trade time is irrelevant if we need to consider Logan’s current value.
    I wasn't considering Logan's current value. I stick by my complaints at the time of the trade.

Logan's current value just underscores how bad this deal was...